Potential Delay to v44.1 Launch

We are currently working through some issues that may affect the release window of v44.1. This means that the update may not release on Monday as it usually does. We are working to resolve the issue holding us up as quickly as possible, but will keep you all updated, especially if the delay results in any changes to the content release schedule.
Options

3 new top 5 prestige champs in less than 3 months

Wow, this is unprecedented. I think most of us are out of Signature Stones by now.
Kabam, could you give us 3 months of champs release in advance?
Or give us a breather? this is just crazy.

Comments

• Options
    Foster04Foster04 Posts: 90
    Kabam wants to break the record of arena scores, 300 million points last time and now this time it will be higher! (totally fair and balanced)
  • Options
    KDoggg2017KDoggg2017 Posts: 1,210 ★★★★
    Damageu said:

Wow, this is unprecedented. I think most of us are out of Signature Stones by now.
    Kabam, could you give us 3 months of champs release in advance?
    Or give us a breather? this is just crazy.

I believe Silver Surfer and Doom were released a month apart.
    It's kinda their MO.
  • Options
    TheBair123TheBair123 Posts: 5,344 ★★★★★

Unless someone is dropping at least 2K on this game a month I don't really understand why anyone cares about prestige too much in the first place

2K a month is a large understatement. i know of a number of alliances who all have r4 sig 200 quicksilvers
  • Options
    Hera1d_of_Ga1actusHera1d_of_Ga1actus Posts: 2,439 ★★★★★

Unless someone is dropping at least 2K on this game a month I don't really understand why anyone cares about prestige too much in the first place

2K a month is a large understatement. i know of a number of alliances who all have r4 sig 200 quicksilvers
    Ok, maybe 3K :trollface: point still stands nobody on the forum should really care when these new prestige gods get released. If you do care then you sadly have lost your life to MCOC
  • Options
    Burrito2525Burrito2525 Posts: 507 ★★★
    Rip to all those with a s200 r4 Thor
  • Options
    laserjohn26laserjohn26 Posts: 1,500 ★★★★★

Prestige does not matter. This is a game. It matters to some people, who value the game. But prestige does not matter.

You couldn't be more incorrect if you tried
  • Options
    LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★

Prestige does not matter. This is a game. It matters to some people, who value the game. But prestige does not matter.

It matters to some people who value the game, but it doesn't matter? If you mean it doesn't matter in the sense that nothing in the game matters outside the game, this is not really a relevant point. Might as well close down the forum. This is a game forum. Things in the game matter in the context of these discussions.

Prestige matters in the game if you are playing higher level AQ. I am currently looking for a new alliance because the group I was going to go back to after finishing act 7 exploration is top 45 AQ and unfortunately I don't have any of the top prestige champs (Hercules is my highest) so it's impossible for me to get back over the current threshold without pulling new champs. I'd rather go back to my alliance than find a new group but I can't because of prestige. Simply stating that prestige doesn't fix the situation lol.
  • Options
    AntsiouAntsiou Posts: 174 ★★
    Bit of a related question: how do big spenders get so many sig stones to invest in a brand new champ? I don't seem to see a lot of offers with sig stones anyway? And the amount available from content is far from enough to even max sig one 6* at month.
  • Options
    FrydayFryday Posts: 709 ★★★
    So I'm far too low ranking for Prestige to really matter to my account so never really care about it, therfore I also doesn't really understand how it is calculated either.

I remember when Storm was buff there were issue with her Prestige, which I believe was fixed and it doesn't affect her gameplay or damage output.

As various members mentioned on this thread, some people would spent a lot on a new champ, where Prestige is part of the reason.

So just out of curiosity I was wondering with new champs being part of the rebalancing programme, and if a champ get readjusted as part of that program, would that have an effect on their Prestige. I.e it is possible to readjust champ without affecting their Prestige?
  • Options
    Heinz11Heinz11 Posts: 210
    Antsiou said:

Bit of a related question: how do big spenders get so many sig stones to invest in a brand new champ? I don't seem to see a lot of offers with sig stones anyway? And the amount available from content is far from enough to even max sig one 6* at month.

Most of the time it is from duping the champion multiple times, but they have recently offered 20 sig stones per week as part of the Paragon stamp card.
  • Options
    WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★

It's almost like someone called this happening when everyone was acting like alliances tied for prestige was an actual issue

Only thing I was wrong about was just how high champs like QS and IIM would be when added. This isn't a new thing and the top 5 changed pretty frequently when 5*s were still king. It wasn't until Doom and Surfer got added that they dialed back pushing the prestige issue significantly.
  • Options
    Contrary to popular belief, getting MAX prestige can be a journey, not an immediate need. ANd the rise in prestige is just a few points. Unless you are looking for top spot, how much difference does it really make?
  • Options
    Qwerty12345Qwerty12345 Posts: 772 ★★★
    Different champions play different roles in the game. Some are all around solid champs (e.g. Nick fury great for Offense and Defense). Others, only a single role, but do that role really well (Ghost is a great attacker, but a rotten defender without 20 nodes to help her, and at that point, it isn't Ghost that is the tough part / anyone would do).

One such role is "Prestige Champ". Yes half of prestige champs like Doom and Herc serve multiple purposes, and you won't hear people screaming as Herc falls off the prestige chart.

Others Like Thor Rags and Phoenix... people only ranked up for that, and never saw the light of day outside of Arena or when forced via Carina's challenge / similar artificial requirement.

Those champs got to "keep their role" for a while. Many champs who are top in their game eventually fade. The Blade trinity "aren't bad", but aren't what they used to be for example.

But Omega Sentinel: She barely just made the basic pool, and 95% of people who targeted her and ranked her up only did if for prestige. It isn't that she is quite as bad as the above 2... but with Nimrod's also released at the same time, she wouldn't have got anywhere near the hype and the $$$ if people knew that in only a few months she would fall from Prestige #3 to #6.

I totally get the need to shake up the prestige a bit since too many players/alliances maxed out prestige / needed something to re-differentiate. But clearly releasing a new champ doesn't do it for very long, and all it does is piss players off. Instead look for additional tie breakers (#deaths, #items used, honor challenges, time spent, health left, AQ attacker diversity... something)... but this... is only going to piss off players to solve the problem for 2 months, after which everyone will open 6 star featured champs that they have been hoarding for 2-4 months on, and once again, be at the same point.

I suppose it could be worse. If I chose OS as my first r5 in a few months, and then she fell out of top 5... I wouldn't log back into the game.
  • Options

Different champions play different roles in the game. Some are all around solid champs (e.g. Nick fury great for Offense and Defense). Others, only a single role, but do that role really well (Ghost is a great attacker, but a rotten defender without 20 nodes to help her, and at that point, it isn't Ghost that is the tough part / anyone would do).

One such role is "Prestige Champ". Yes half of prestige champs like Doom and Herc serve multiple purposes, and you won't hear people screaming as Herc falls off the prestige chart.

Others Like Thor Rags and Phoenix... people only ranked up for that, and never saw the light of day outside of Arena or when forced via Carina's challenge / similar artificial requirement.

Those champs got to "keep their role" for a while. Many champs who are top in their game eventually fade. The Blade trinity "aren't bad", but aren't what they used to be for example.

But Omega Sentinel: She barely just made the basic pool, and 95% of people who targeted her and ranked her up only did if for prestige. It isn't that she is quite as bad as the above 2... but with Nimrod's also released at the same time, she wouldn't have got anywhere near the hype and the $$$ if people knew that in only a few months she would fall from Prestige #3 to #6.

I totally get the need to shake up the prestige a bit since too many players/alliances maxed out prestige / needed something to re-differentiate. But clearly releasing a new champ doesn't do it for very long, and all it does is piss players off. Instead look for additional tie breakers (#deaths, #items used, honor challenges, time spent, health left, AQ attacker diversity... something)... but this... is only going to piss off players to solve the problem for 2 months, after which everyone will open 6 star featured champs that they have been hoarding for 2-4 months on, and once again, be at the same point.

I suppose it could be worse. If I chose OS as my first r5 in a few months, and then she fell out of top 5... I wouldn't log back into the game.

OS is 9 points behind Valk.

9 points. divided by 30, that affects your prestige barely for your alliance. Unless you are top5 aq alliance, this doesnt affect you.
  • Options

The only people "pissed" about this are people that are new to competitive AQ and thought their prestige was "set", and people that aren't even close to being competitive in it that are just getting mad bc it's the thing to be outraged about currently.

This isn't new, and it's not going to stop.
  • Options
    Wicket329Wicket329 Posts: 3,049 ★★★★★
    edited September 2022
    Antsiou said:

It’s less about whaling out for the stones and more about rationing them well. For example, I recently got extremely lucky and pulled Valkyrie from a cav crystal (I think I got like 6 crystals total). I had almost 100 6* skill stones just because I hadn’t had a skill champ I wanted to heavily invest in for years. Between that stockpile and the generics I built up from things like EOP and Carina’s Challenges, I was able to take her to sig 200 straight away while still having some generics left over.

In full disclosure, I do spend on the game so I get some sig stones from that. But that’s mostly just the big sale days where I’d get sig stones, and they go right into the stockpile.
  • Options
    Qwerty12345Qwerty12345 Posts: 772 ★★★

9 points. divided by 30, that affects your prestige barely for your alliance. Unless you are top5 aq alliance, this doesn't affect you.
    You put in an assumption... top 5 aq alliance. That's my point. I'm in a top 20 now, I had max prestige before Valk. Now I barely above my alliance average. Now if I don't find QS and/or IIM by the end of the year, I'd likely get booted.

I agree those who are below say top 60 it matters less because the bands are so wide. Heck you can make top 400 doing map 6 with good prestige and max mods, but prestige exists for a reason... to differentiate between 1st and 2nd or 10th and 11th.
  • Options

9 points. divided by 30, that affects your prestige barely for your alliance. Unless you are top5 aq alliance, this doesn't affect you.
    You put in an assumption... top 5 aq alliance. That's my point. I'm in a top 20 now, I had max prestige before Valk. Now I barely above my alliance average. Now if I don't find QS and/or IIM by the end of the year, I'd likely get booted.

I agree those who are below say top 60 it matters less because the bands are so wide. Heck you can make top 400 doing map 6 with good prestige and max mods, but prestige exists for a reason... to differentiate between 1st and 2nd or 10th and 11th.
    And this is why you need to look hard at what you're actually willing to do as far as prestige chasing. If you don't want to chase a new champ everytime there's a new top 5 champ, then you probably need to reevaluate you goals in the game.

It got very expensive and very boring when I was doing the 1-2 rank AQ game so I decided to bail from that rat race. Expecting the game to change to your expectations is a losing battle so you just either have to live with it or change your expectations. There's zero guarantee of how long a champ stays in the top 5 nor should there be.
  • Options
    SuelGamesSuelGames Posts: 941 ★★★
    AQ is the game mode i hate the most, so i couldnt care less about prestige :)
  • Options
    KennadoKennado Posts: 991 ★★★
    Antsiou said:

Holding the stones for prestige champs rather than investing in Guardian, Beardo, or Angela. Hashtag Wink Emoji or something.