**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Fear about ranking agent venom

I saw the antman buff and i saw that his synergies changed. Now i want to rank agent venom but ny fear is that after the his future buff, he will be nerfed (the sinergy with scorpion and kraven).
There is a warranty that this sinergy will not be touched?

Comments

• Options
    Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,185 ★★★★★
    The TOS says Kabam has the right to make changes.
  • Options
    MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,364 ★★★★★

So it s better to leave agent venom at r1?

I would take the (small) risk, if you like using him as part of this synergy team. The reality is there's no need to reduce the synergy (unless AV is improved so much they become moot).

They've looked at Scorpion and considered him balanced despite the AV synergy. They could easily have changed it, then.

Yes, AV is suddenly (and unexpectedly) useable, with access to decent damage. But he needs two synergy partners, he needs Critical Hits (which he's very low-to-average at landing) and he needs two different debuffs to cause decent damage

In and of themselves, those criteria are enough to suggest he's already balanced.

Let's consider another champion who needs to inflict two debuffs to cause damage; and whilst he doesn't need Crits, he does need to land Heavy attacks: Archangel. I have 3* Versions of AV and Archangel at 3/30. In RoL against WS, AV (with synergy partners) just about out-damaged Archangel.

On the other hand, if I'd taken two synergy partners for Archangel (let's say, Apocalypse and Professor X) I've no doubt he'd be on top again.

Archangel is clearly in no danger of a rebalance. Given the damage comparison, and the similarities between their limitations, I think it's very unlikely AV will be judged as needing an adjustment that brings his damage down.

Plus, let's be honest: at the current rate of buffs it's likely to be 2-3 years till they get to AV, so by then you'll have had plenty of use out of him and Scorpion, and probably moved on from both...
  • Options
    Trafalgarwar96Trafalgarwar96 Posts: 466 ★★★

Fabwizi said:

No warranties. Kabam is making sure that no champ should be good enough with their recent "balancing" or to say"nerfing" programme

So true, they don't even respond now a days..really poor.
    Completely false. Why should they respond to a thread that's made out of not understanding Ant Man's buff?

Not even sure why you hang around these forums anyways. You some some of the worst takes of anyone around.
    Antman now doesnt do anymore tha damage that did before the update with the sinergy of sam wilson.....so my question is right because the same situation can be repeated with agent venom
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,026 ★★★★★

Fabwizi said:

No warranties. Kabam is making sure that no champ should be good enough with their recent "balancing" or to say"nerfing" programme

Completely false. Why should they respond to a thread that's made out of not understanding Ant Man's buff?

Not even sure why you hang around these forums anyways. You some some of the worst takes of anyone around.
    Antman now doesnt do anymore tha damage that did before the update with the sinergy of sam wilson.....so my question is right because the same situation can be repeated with agent venom
    They moved a of it to his base kit. Is it really hard to understand?
  • Options
    TitoBandito187TitoBandito187 Posts: 2,072 ★★★★

Fabwizi said:

What's an "a of"? I thought I understood it, but now I'm confused too.
  • Options
    ChaosMax1012ChaosMax1012 Posts: 3,086 ★★★★★

Fabwizi said:

All of
  • Options
    DeaconDeacon Posts: 4,068 ★★★★★
    it shouldn't be changed. and at what point Agent Venom was at least in the running for a buff ... can't remember if it was community buff or just buff buff .. but i voted for him.
  • Options
    LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    What synergies does Agent Venom need to be good?
  • Options
    ShadowstrikeShadowstrike Posts: 3,088 ★★★★★

What synergies does Agent Venom need to be good?

Scorpion, Kraven, Goldpool, anti-venom, symbiote supreme.

Any of those can help out with Agent Venom to maximize bleeds and damage
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,026 ★★★★★
    edited September 2022

Fabwizi said:

All of. My bad on the typo.
  • Options
    xNigxNig Posts: 7,249 ★★★★★
    You can always throw him on D if you don’t use him. Shrug off champs are decent there.
  • Options
    Trafalgarwar96Trafalgarwar96 Posts: 466 ★★★

Fabwizi said:

The damage isn t the same anymore....it is so hard to understand?
  • Options
    Wicket329Wicket329 Posts: 3,021 ★★★★★

Fabwizi said:

The damage isn t the same anymore....it is so hard to understand?
    The damage with a full synergy team isn’t the same anymore. His damage alone pre and post buff is a night and day difference. I’ve seen gameplay of an r3 Antman maintaining a 4.5k per tick of poison throughout a long fight. That is very decent damage.

I would rather have a champion with very decent damage and great utility that requires no synergies than one with no utility and pretty good damage that requires a whole team of synergies. This isn’t even a question to me.

The only fight I’ve seen people complaining about the Antman buff point to is RoL WS. It now takes slightly longer to take an easy fight with a big health pool and no nodes. Anybody want to talk about Act 6 or 7? Maybe how Antman could fit into a Grandmaster’s Gauntlet team? Ooooh or maybe you were taking prebuff Antman into EOP content?

Of course not. Because he was a one trick pony, and you had to jump through a whole circus of hoops just to gain access to that one trick. Antman is objectively better now. Anybody who chooses not to see that is being willfully blind just to get angry at Kabam. There are plenty of issues in this game right now, but this isn’t one of them.