**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

The grandmaster's gauntlet was reset

Comments

• Options
    WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    The issue with just blanket opening it back for everyone is the people that have hurried up an done it again since it reset will then be able to do it a 4th time potentially 😂
  • Options
    Kelwin2003Kelwin2003 Posts: 12
    @Kabam Miike @Kabam Zibiit or ypu can ban then for 1 day or 2 thats all I can suggest more than this will be painfull for many players who played gauntlet before your notice of harm in their account as the penalty.
  • Options
    Dark_hoodsDark_hoods Posts: 157 ★★

@Kabam Miike @Kabam Zibiit or ypu can ban then for 1 day or 2 thats all I can suggest more than this will be painfull for many players who played gauntlet before your notice of harm in their account as the penalty.

personally id rather get gauntlet rewards and get banned for 2 days than the alternative lol
  • Options
    @AlecFantastic, that’s just about the dumbest thing I’ve heard. Yes, there were exploiters, but that doesn’t mean you should be getting all the rewards from the gauntlet for doing nothing. What you should have said is that kabam should open the gauntlet up for those who didn’t exploit it to get a rerun. You compared it to the act 7 offer. People didn’t get that for free, when the offer came a second time, everyone still had to pay units.
  • Options
    GoDlyZorGoDlyZor Posts: 150
    Any updates to this? If you do not want people to do it again for those (few? many?) that it reset for, then why is the quest still active and not temporarily locked? Is the tech not available?
  • Options
    really down now
  • Options
    Dark_hoodsDark_hoods Posts: 157 ★★
    Furry82 said:

Wow! Way to fix the problem lmao, take the content down and hope everyone forgets about it…. This is beyond ridiculous and unacceptable, not even an update on a plan of action just the same old bs.

im pretty sure its temporarily down
  • Options
    Crimson8399Crimson8399 Posts: 749 ★★★
    So will the people like certain streamers that have already done it have those extra items taken back or is it going to be like normal and tough luck for everyone else?
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,037 ★★★★★
    edited September 2022
    Furry82 said:

Wow! Way to fix the problem lmao, take the content down and hope everyone forgets about it…. This is beyond ridiculous and unacceptable, not even an update on a plan of action just the same old bs.

Did you not read the in-game message? There's also a sticky thread on the General Discussion page. It's temporarily down. Way to fly off the handle and embarrass yourself.

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/313689/grandmaster-gauntlet-temporarily-down#latest
  • Options
    SearmenisSearmenis Posts: 1,545 ★★★★★
    Wow! AN in game message! That's so... rare? Scarce? Unexpected? Weird? Unnatural?
  • Options
    StellarStellar Posts: 1,069 ★★★★
    Ok so the Gauntlet is down to avoid the exploit of this bug.

But what about those who already did the gauntlet ? What about the rewards ?
    Will they be ban for exploiting such a ban ?

If not ban and keep the rewards, will we (us, those that didn’t exploit the bug) be allowed to do the gauntlet again ?
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,037 ★★★★★
    Furry82 said:

@Demonzfyre
    No bud I’m not embarrassed to be disappointed, I read the msg and in game mail. I forgot the forums aren’t for venting frustration ✌️

You were flat out wrong.
  • Options
    Fit_Fun9329Fit_Fun9329 Posts: 1,833 ★★★★★
    I think that they should let everyone have a second run on it .. i mean all other solutions are too complicated like the act 7 completion gate.

People rerun it and maybe already used their catalysts etc. I wonder which poor soul at kabam was responsible for that ..
  • Options
    JslapJslap Posts: 67
    May be unpopular but seems kind of fair... Re-open it BUT have it open to all for X amount of days AND ban players from game who exploited it for those same X amount of days so they can't get again.
  • Options
    SquirrelguySquirrelguy Posts: 2,635 ★★★★★
    I don’t want to beat a dead horse, or a horse that’s been revived a few times accidentally, but is there any rough estimate of when this might get resolved?

I know that a solution is not necessarily something one can plan for, but are there people who can work on this over the weekend and will the advent of BGs slow it down? There are just a lot of big things coming down the pipeline and something like this takes a little planning.
  • Options
    The return of the gauntlet for everyone would be a good start to fixing the dumper truck of a mess over the last day.
  • Options
    SquirrelguySquirrelguy Posts: 2,635 ★★★★★

The return of the gauntlet for everyone would be a good start to fixing the dumper truck of a mess over the last day.

It would also be a great way for those who stashed up revives for 8.1 to use up some of the extras, assuming that it would be actually available to them.
  • Options
    Charlie21540Charlie21540 Posts: 929 ★★★★
    Just stopping by, hoping for an update of any kind.
  • Options
    Any word on this? Anything?
  • Options

• Options
    Grootman1294Grootman1294 Posts: 864 ★★★★
    They posted an announcement about this. Doesn't look like it's coming back any time soon
  • Options

They posted an announcement about this. Doesn't look like it's coming back any time soon

Well that is absolutely not Okily Dokily