Potential Delay to v44.1 Launch

We are currently working through some issues that may affect the release window of v44.1. This means that the update may not release on Monday as it usually does. We are working to resolve the issue holding us up as quickly as possible, but will keep you all updated, especially if the delay results in any changes to the content release schedule.
Options

Battlegrounds Rewards Revealed! Solo/Alliance Events, Victory Track, Gladiator’s Circuit and More!

Comments

• Options
    GrubGrub Posts: 258 ★★★
    Rasilover said:

You know kabam messed up hard when BG and Lags are pissed

Kt1’ s video was probably the best.
  • Options
    BlackOracleBlackOracle Posts: 255 ★★★
    Rasilover said:

You know kabam messed up hard when BG and Lags are pissed

Being mad about a new thing when Kabam literally say they would be making changes as seasons go on is a waste of energy. Especially with such a new thing you want as many people to participate before they start actually making it competitive and taking away points.
  • Options
    BlackOracleBlackOracle Posts: 255 ★★★
    H3t3r said:

Hey, Summoners!

Since our announcement on Friday, we've received a lot of feedback on the rewards/event structure of Battlegrounds. We want to thank you all for sharing your thoughts with us. It's given us plenty to think about. We want to let you all know that we have heard you, and are already working on making changes.

We will be making changes in two waves.

First, we'll be making some adjustments before Battlegrounds launches on Monday, and then more changes in the near future, when we have more time to review and iterate.

We don't have any details right now but will try and get them to you as soon as we can, though, with the limited timeline, it may be tight.

Thank you all once again for your feedback.

OK so my question is why not delay it so you can make all these changes before it goes live? I for one don't want battlegrounds to launch with some changes made and some not. Would rather all changes be made before you launch it.
    Because either way, they want you to play it and you benefit from that by getting the rewards easily for now. They will probably make the easy change first and then wait until the season is over before any more changes will be made in that week gap. Then as the seasons go on they will make it more competitive would be my bet.
  • Options
    SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Posts: 4,251 ★★★★★
    There goes my win plan..of getting easy wins against all those people tanking with 2* roster.
    I was gonna compete even with this anti-player setup of lose to win.
    Yes I am aware, I'm a sucker to play this game even when kabam kicks you on the bottom.
  • Options
    VendemiaireVendemiaire Posts: 2,178 ★★★★★
    I was anticipating this game mode that most of my rankup decisions for the past few months were aligned for this and now… ugh… Kabam… Arena 2.0.

Arena Unit Refresh is renamed to Elder’s Mark. The Game Economy Designer should have at least a grasp of how the game actually works.
  • Options
    Standardman1989Standardman1989 Posts: 539 ★★★
    you have removed the gift event so that you no longer have any cheating and here even the main one with the payment of points or whatever to level up, you do not learn the lessons.. Leave us the last year with the gifts and in 2023 please change cause I'm losing energy to play because of it
  • Options
    SiliyoSiliyo Posts: 1,390 ★★★★★
    @Kabam Miike my suggestion - the same way the devs have postponed AW seasons, the same way you guys can postpone Battlegrounds. These changes are necessary for this game mode to thrive
  • Options
    Qwerty12345Qwerty12345 Posts: 771 ★★★
    Its important to get this right. I strongly suggest opening BG up for friendly matches only, no rewards, no cost for 1 week, and figure things out and do it right.
  • Options
    Furion17Furion17 Posts: 267
    How much time is left for the Battleground release?
  • Options
    SearmenisSearmenis Posts: 1,545 ★★★★★
    Mike678 said:

Please postpone Battlegrounds release date by a week. EVERYONE will understand it and we would rather have a proper product instead of a half-structured one @Kabam Miike @kabam Jax

Yes. And since there s alliances involved, start BG the same date with AW, so someone who wants to change alliances after the end of a season, to be able to do it without harming the alliance because a different Alliance season is currently running. How nobody thought of that in Kabam is strange!
  • Options
    Qwerty12345Qwerty12345 Posts: 771 ★★★
    It would be nice for alliance new to trickle in.

Alliances need to know what AW rewards will be for next season, what the revised rewards will be for BG, and if AQ rewards are likely to change in next 8 weeks or so, so they can state their goals, expectations, etc.

E.g. if an alliance is going to "go for BG rewards and expect all members to do at least NN points"... some players may want to leave or join such an alliance. AW rewards are a joke this season / all are holding their breath for next season rewards announcement to see if alliances with "try" again.
  • Options
    VendemiaireVendemiaire Posts: 2,178 ★★★★★
    edited September 2022
    K00shMaan said:

I'm just gonna add a few suggestions that don't really have to do with the rewards issue.

Secondly, people have commented on having to do the entire Victory Track each month. Hearthstone has a very similar ladder and each Rank you earned counts toward 1 win of progression when the next season starts. If something similar was implemented here, anyone who reached Gladiator Circuit would be able to start with 16 Wins and begin in Gold instead of Bronze. I think this would be better for minimizing a little bit of the grind.

Thirdly, if Solo and Alliance Events require the use of Elder's Marks to get points, can we either remove that restriction or implement some method of converting Energy to Elder's Marks, even if it isn't a 1-1 conversion. There is currently very little reason to use actual energy in the game mode yet some of us have plenty of energy that we would like to use for this game mode.

Also, are their any inventory limits for any of the new Currency's? (Trophy Tokens, Elder's Marks, Victory whatevers)

Second point - I highly agree with this. Your placement from the Gladiator Circuit should influence your standing in the Victory Track of the succeeding season.

Third point - As much as I disgust how the current system is setup, I understand that they need to monetize this game mode in one way or another because of the investment they put in to materialize it. Story content profits from unit purchases to buy potions, boosts, and revives, AW and AQ from unit purchases of exclusive AW/AQ potions and boosts, Arena from unit refreshes, etc. Battleground doesn't have potions, revives, and boosts so it initially looked like they were planning to monetize on champion refreshes but since they have removed it, Elder's Mark as an entry token was introduced. The problem with this is it immediately killed the competitive spirit Battlegrounds was supposed to harness by incentivizing a quantity grind (number of matches finished with a purchasable token of entry) over quality grind (number of matches won versus players of equal or high standing).

My suggestion: If they want to continue to monetize the game mode (which I think is fair) it shouldn't at the same structure to how they are monetizing Arena where it's mostly a competition of whales and a few F2P (once in a while after grinding units for refreshes for a month or two). This immediately kills the competition aspect of Battlegrounds.

Arena is a competition but it's a competition of how much resources you can burn (roster depth and size, grind time, boost and unit stash - both grinded and/or purchased). Battlegrounds should have a drastically different approach on its vision of competition. It should still be grounded on roster depth and size along with grind time but instead of unit stash, it should focus on prowess and ability. Wins should matter significantly and winning at a higher stake should reward you with a higher return too.

Victory Track - Stay as is but as Koosh guy suggested, each season should not be a hard reset. If you're Celestial, you should be at Gold and all prior rewards should be given already.

Gladiator Circuit - Elder's Mark... it's totally fine if this is monetized but the point system should be parallel to how high the stakes are.

(For example, if you use an Elder's Mark instead of energy, you'll gain points for the solo milestone but it will differ depending on where you are at Gladiator's Circuit. Scrap the points for defender/attacker placement ****.)

Uru - Match Point: 250. Win Point: 150. Every 10 wins rewards 30 Elder's Mark.
    Arcane - Match Point: 250. Win Point : 250. Every 10 wins rewards 30 Elder's Mark.
    Quantum - Match Point: 250. Win Point : 350. Every 10 wins rewards 30 Elder's Mark.
    Gamma - Match Point: 250. Win Point : 500. Every 5 wins rewards 30 Elder's Mark.
    Mysterium - Match Point: 250. Win Point : 750. Every 5 wins rewards 30 Elder's Mark.
    Celestial - Match Point: 250. Win Point : 1,000. Every 5 wins rewards 30 Elder's Mark.

The only concern here is your wins using regular energy won't be reflected and it'll be a cause for complain that if your matches using the Elder's Mark resulted in a loss.
  • Options
    FunnyDudeFunnyDude Posts: 463 ★★★
    Not sure why do you rush on this at all, this month we will have 8.1, plenty of things to do and nobody will complain if you postpone this for one or two months. Please just collect more feedbacks, listen to the community, tune it and make it correct and fun.

The launch time gives no chance for players to change alliance is another big issue, you need to figure this out.

Hey, Summoners!

Since our announcement on Friday, we've received a lot of feedback on the rewards/event structure of Battlegrounds. We want to thank you all for sharing your thoughts with us. It's given us plenty to think about. We want to let you all know that we have heard you, and are already working on making changes.

First, we'll be making some adjustments before Battlegrounds launches on Monday, and then more changes in the near future, when we have more time to review and iterate.

We don't have any details right now but will try and get them to you as soon as we can, though, with the limited timeline, it may be tight.

• Options
    Vergeman78Vergeman78 Posts: 132 ★★
    Don’t see why they’d have to delay for a month or two, the game mode isn’t the problem. The prize structure is. Doesn’t take months to figure out a way to improve it. Then again, took them months to mess it up this badly lol
  • Options
    Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,775 ★★★★★

Don’t see why they’d have to delay for a month or two, the game mode isn’t the problem. The prize structure is. Doesn’t take months to figure out a way to improve it. Then again, took them months to mess it up this badly lol

They would need to change more than that. They need to cap the scoring/entries, as well as remove the Elder Mark completely from the game. Or at least remove the ability to buy them.
    This announcement was a total mess.
  • Options
    DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,559 ★★★★★

DrZola said:

All I needed to hear was 100 matches a week…

Dr. Zola

Again mate, more a way to emphasise that difference between scores if you go 2-1 rather than 2-0.

It was an easy round number to pluck out of the air to make the point, not what needs to be focussed on.

Edited out maths mistake
    Understood it’s just a stab. But for someone already trying to make my game time most efficient, I’m not sure I have the time to commit to BGs even if I have the desire.

Dr. Zola
  • Options
    I’m very pleased that they’ve gone back to the drawing board with parts of this. Hopefully there’s a good result. I’m optimistic, this is likely to become a flagship game mode for Kabam and is potentially their Segway into proper esports so it needs to be a success for everyone not just a few chunky whales.
  • Options
    FunnyDudeFunnyDude Posts: 463 ★★★
    edited September 2022
    If they pushed out something which is unhealthy and broken, then this game mode is going to be unhealthy, some players will hate it and step away, this is a simple reality.
    Delaying a feature is not going to make players leave as long as there are enough contents for them, unhealthy game mode will do real damage.

Kabam always say they don't want to push out too many new changes in short term, let's check how many new stuff we will see in September:
    - New AW rewards
    - BG (with tons of unknown issues already)

The first two will make me busy and happy already, I don't need to see BG with tons of issues. Why don't they just take the time and make it right, and release it in October or November. It will be a lot easier for many people and for themselves.

FunnyDude said:

Not sure why do you rush on this at all, this month we will have 8.1, plenty of things to do and nobody will complain if you postpone this for one or two months. Please just collect more feedbacks, listen to the community, tune it and make it correct and fun.

The launch time gives no chance for players to change alliance is another big issue, you need to figure this out.

Hey, Summoners!

Lots of people, including myself, do not want to see the launch delayed. Even if the first season isn't ideal, (how many of us genuinely expected it to be anyway really), the fact that they're actively listening and willing to look at making changes already is good enough for me. I'd rather just get it started and be able to continue to give feedback so that the following seasons can continue to be improved. It doesn't have to be perfect on day one. They just have to be willing to make adjustments to make it better in reasonable time.
  • Options
    WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    FunnyDude said:

If they pushed out something which is unhealthy and broken, then this game mode is going to be unhealthy, some players will hate it and step away, this is a simple reality.
    Delaying a feature is not going to make players leave as long as there are enough contents for them, unhealthy game mode will do real damage.

Kabam always say they don't want to push out too many new changes in short term, let's check how many new stuff we will see in September:
    - New AW rewards
    - BG (with tons of unknown issues already)

The first two will make me busy and happy already, I don't need to see BG with tons of issues. Why don't they just take the time and make it right, and release it in October or November. It will be a lot easier for many people and for themselves.

FunnyDude said:

Hey, Summoners!

Lots of people, including myself, do not want to see the launch delayed. Even if the first season isn't ideal, (how many of us genuinely expected it to be anyway really), the fact that they're actively listening and willing to look at making changes already is good enough for me. I'd rather just get it started and be able to continue to give feedback so that the following seasons can continue to be improved. It doesn't have to be perfect on day one. They just have to be willing to make adjustments to make it better in reasonable time.
    AW changes are completely irrelevant as it's off season starting tomorrow. 8.1 also doesn't matter as it's permanent and you can do it whenever you choose.

There's really no reason to delay this. If people aren't happy with the initial structure, just don't bother with it the first seaoson. Just bc some don't want something doesn't mean that everyone feels the same way. You can always choose to just not play something but someone else can't choose to play something that isn't launched.
  • Options
    K00shMaanK00shMaan Posts: 1,289 ★★★★

K00shMaan said:

I'm just gonna add a few suggestions that don't really have to do with the rewards issue.

Secondly, people have commented on having to do the entire Victory Track each month. Hearthstone has a very similar ladder and each Rank you earned counts toward 1 win of progression when the next season starts. If something similar was implemented here, anyone who reached Gladiator Circuit would be able to start with 16 Wins and begin in Gold instead of Bronze. I think this would be better for minimizing a little bit of the grind.

Thirdly, if Solo and Alliance Events require the use of Elder's Marks to get points, can we either remove that restriction or implement some method of converting Energy to Elder's Marks, even if it isn't a 1-1 conversion. There is currently very little reason to use actual energy in the game mode yet some of us have plenty of energy that we would like to use for this game mode.

Also, are their any inventory limits for any of the new Currency's? (Trophy Tokens, Elder's Marks, Victory whatevers)

Second point - I highly agree with this. Your placement from the Gladiator Circuit should influence your standing in the Victory Track of the succeeding season.

Third point - As much as I disgust how the current system is setup, I understand that they need to monetize this game mode in one way or another because of the investment they put in to materialize it. Story content profits from unit purchases to buy potions, boosts, and revives, AW and AQ from unit purchases of exclusive AW/AQ potions and boosts, Arena from unit refreshes, etc. Battleground doesn't have potions, revives, and boosts so it initially looked like they were planning to monetize on champion refreshes but since they have removed it, Elder's Mark as an entry token was introduced. The problem with this is it immediately killed the competitive spirit Battlegrounds was supposed to harness by incentivizing a quantity grind (number of matches finished with a purchasable token of entry) over quality grind (number of matches won versus players of equal or high standing).

My suggestion: If they want to continue to monetize the game mode (which I think is fair) it shouldn't at the same structure to how they are monetizing Arena where it's mostly a competition of whales and a few F2P (once in a while after grinding units for refreshes for a month or two). This immediately kills the competition aspect of Battlegrounds.

Arena is a competition but it's a competition of how much resources you can burn (roster depth and size, grind time, boost and unit stash - both grinded and/or purchased). Battlegrounds should have a drastically different approach on its vision of competition. It should still be grounded on roster depth and size along with grind time but instead of unit stash, it should focus on prowess and ability. Wins should matter significantly and winning at a higher stake should reward you with a higher return too.

Victory Track - Stay as is but as Koosh guy suggested, each season should not be a hard reset. If you're Celestial, you should be at Gold and all prior rewards should be given already.

Gladiator Circuit - Elder's Mark... it's totally fine if this is monetized but the point system should be parallel to how high the stakes are.

(For example, if you use an Elder's Mark instead of energy, you'll gain points for the solo milestone but it will differ depending on where you are at Gladiator's Circuit. Scrap the points for defender/attacker placement ****.)

Uru - Match Point: 250. Win Point: 150. Every 10 wins rewards 30 Elder's Mark.
    Arcane - Match Point: 250. Win Point : 250. Every 10 wins rewards 30 Elder's Mark.
    Quantum - Match Point: 250. Win Point : 350. Every 10 wins rewards 30 Elder's Mark.
    Gamma - Match Point: 250. Win Point : 500. Every 5 wins rewards 30 Elder's Mark.
    Mysterium - Match Point: 250. Win Point : 750. Every 5 wins rewards 30 Elder's Mark.
    Celestial - Match Point: 250. Win Point : 1,000. Every 5 wins rewards 30 Elder's Mark.

The only concern here is your wins using regular energy won't be reflected and it'll be a cause for complain that if your matches using the Elder's Mark resulted in a loss.
    A lot of great stuff here. I really just want to make it clear that my third point has nothing against monetization and the way the Elder's Mark Currency works. My issue is that in the current state, you get next to nothing for participating in the game mode using your Questing Energy. The only reward you can get for it is moving up the Victory Track but there is likely already enough free Elder's Mark to complete this. I spend thousands of energy each month farming revives and energy. I am running out of content in the game to use those resources on rapidly. They've created an alternate game mode for me to use the energy on but at the same time will give me worse rewards than if I just explored Normal and Heroic EQ. Maybe instead of requiring Elder's Marks to get any points, they just add that you get 100 (or a different amount) points per Elder's Mark spent or admission using Elder's Marks gives a 2x or 3x Point Multiplier for the upcoming match. Although I also think winning a match should be worth way may, I've tried to not focus on this as I know some things will be changing. I more wanted to highlight things that I hadn't heard in the thread before that could also use some looking into.