**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Kitty or Apoc

Ingi_Freyr1975Ingi_Freyr1975 Posts: 175
edited September 2022 in Strategy and Tips
I will soon have my first rank4 and can’t decide between those two. I like them both and have all the synergies they both need. Which one do you think will benefit more from the rank up?
Thank you

Kitty or Apoc 128 votes

Apocalypse
60%
MongoPawnzuffyKDoggg2017MachoNachoJazz_MessengerFrankWhiteblackdragonightDragonMCOCLilMaddogHTWorknprogressDogfoodLidHeattblasttReferenceRickGrimes_King73manveertherealAleorAmaadAkiraRookiieMaxus7_Sham_ 78 votes
Kitty Pryde
39%
VoluntarisMagicBentonIl_CuocoSpeedbumpmeoreanKennadoSw0rdMasterThunderstruck77GarloKiptonadeSnakepTivjyotPetieCameron-sixate-SpadeHunterTimeGenesisGodslayer_1MaratoxH3t3rPochito 50 votes
Post edited by Kabam Porthos on

Comments

• Foster04Foster04 Posts: 90
    Apocalypse
    Apoc benefits more
  • CederCeder Posts: 668 ★★★
    Apocalypse
    Apoc is better in every single way possible
  • ChatterofforumsChatterofforums Posts: 1,779 ★★★★★
    Kitty Pryde
    My first mutant r4 was kitty, over Apoc (and many others) and it was an extremely easy choice for me. My second r4 mutant was much tougher choice and was originally going to do Apoc but then I max sig my Omega and I run suicides always so again I passed up Apoc.
  • This is more controversial than I thought :/
  • These are my options just to show you

• LpooLpoo Posts: 2,215 ★★★★★
    edited September 2022
    Apocalypse
    The amount of people who are saying that this is an easy pick is crazy. I went with Apoc because of how good he is as well as how good he makes the whole mutant class. But there is no definitive “easy” choice. Either will carry

Edit: also kitty was my first r4 mutant, thank goodness I didn’t have an Apoc to have to make this decision lol
  • Etm34Etm34 Posts: 1,644 ★★★★★
    I went Kitty first for the extra HP. But honestly it doesn’t really matter between the two. You’re gonna end up R4ing both
  • SnakepSnakep Posts: 362 ★★★
    Kitty Pryde
    Both are fantastic champions. Take up the one you use more or the one who’s style you like the most. I took Kitty to Rank 4 and have Apoc at rank 3 and still feel I made the right choice. Though going with Apoc certainly would have been fine as well.
  • Aomine_Daiki10Aomine_Daiki10 Posts: 1,623 ★★★★★
    Kitty Pryde
    Kitty is just a no brainier.
  • KRANꓘKRANꓘ Posts: 130 ★★
    My last class for a r4 is mutant and I did that for the reason because I can not decide on who to r4 1st out of these two. Very difficult choose for me also.
  • manveertherealmanveerthereal Posts: 1,359 ★★★
    Apocalypse
    honestly they're a lot more things apoc can do and i don't even know why kitty is good or anything still pretty new from when i stopped playing understanding the new characters more
  • ZAHIDMALIK1588ZAHIDMALIK1588 Posts: 616 ★★
    Apocalypse
    Rank apoc, make kitty horseman, win win.
  • FireatwillFireatwill Posts: 98
    I took both to R4. I love them both.
  • OakenshieldOakenshield Posts: 1,669 ★★★★
    If you are able to fully take advantage of her capabilities, then I would say Kitty. If you are still figuring her out, then Apoc. I was wrestling with the exact same question a few weeks back and decided to go Apoc only because I still need some time to take full advantage of her. Right now I need the Tigra crutch a little too much.

That said, she will definitely be my next Mutant R4.
  • -sixate--sixate- Posts: 1,532 ★★★★★
    Kitty Pryde
    Kitty is the better champ. Maybe less people have her so they just don't know how broken she is.
  • ErcarretErcarret Posts: 2,733 ★★★★★
    Apocalypse
    I went with Apocalypse despite choosing Kitty myself out of the two, and here's why:

If you run Kitty optimally, you won't get hit. You'll go into tricky fights with full health, and you'll leave with full health. In fact, you might go into tricky fights with 60% health and leave with full health if they apply debuffs (even damaging ones) on you. As such, more health doesn't really matter to her. The increased attack is also a bit moot since she'll get the opponent down no matter what.

If you're playing optimally! If you don't - like moi - then it's certainly a worthwhile investment. I haven't regretted r4'ing my Kitty at all. I love her. She's a great champion.

Apocalypse, meanwhile, benefits from everything that the rank-up gives him. You will take damage when playing him (even if it's only chip damage), so a bigger health pool certainly helps. Since you take more and more damage the longer the fight drags on, an increase in attack is definitely welcome. It allows you to finish fights quicker, which in turn allows you to take less chip damage.

He'll be my next Mutant r4 and potentially my next r4 altogether. He's just a supreme champion as well. You can't go wrong with either one. Just have a think about how good a Kitty player you are. If you never get hit, you probably don't need that r4 (at least not ahead of Apocalypse). But if you do get hit like a scrub (again, like me), it might still be a worthwhile investment. Especially if you run her with Tigra. They are an amazing duo. Similarly to Apocalypse and Cable, I never bring one without the other nowadays.
  • Thank you all so much for your opinions and time to vote. I really appreciate it. I am still not sure which one to rank4 first but this will certainly help me decide and will post my decision when finalised
  • Sw0rdMasterSw0rdMaster Posts: 1,722 ★★★★
    edited September 2022
    Kitty Pryde
    For some fun, i took kitty to the last 2 EOP fights and she go thru both MODOK & Kraven 🤣
    https://youtu.be/ueZkYNBaav8
    https://youtu.be/C3qxu6Jfvp4
  • ShiroiharaShiroihara Posts: 1,092 ★★★★
    Kitty Pryde

As much as I love Apocalypse, Kitty Pride owns a lot of nodes and champion interactions to the point that she's almost an amalgamation of what makes Quake and Ghost the top of their class. Her synergies are also potent that it makes her a way better champion than she already is (Tigra and Ghost).

Damage or DPS on hit? Phase that sh-t! (Heal with suicides)
    - Korg's thorns, Killmonger's Reverb Armor, Elektro's Static Shock, America Chavez's Dark Dimension, etc.
    - Thorns, Hazard Shift, Biohazard, Explosive Personality, etc.

Unavoidable damage? Phase that sh-t!
    - Magik's Limbo, Ikaris' Detonation, Terrax's Rock Field, etc.
    - Backblast, Aspect of Death, Micro Reflect, and even Do Not Go Gentle.
    - Degen from Bane, Life Transfer, Close Encounters, No Retreat, etc.
    - Power Sting

Autoblock? Use Tigra's synergy to be unblockable. Easy opening for difficult matchups.
    - Peni Parker, Medusa, Nova, M.O.D.O.K., etc.

Massive Power Gain? Kitty Phase and eat those SP3s!
    - Improved Power Gain, Energize, Hyperion, Dragon Man, Aarkus, All or Nothing, Surging Vengeance.

Difficult to evade or multi-hit special attacks? Use Ghost synergy and phase that shi-t!
    - Punisher 2099's special attacks, Sauron's SP1, Mangog's SP2, etc.

Stun? She's immune while phasing.
    - Encroaching Stun, Overseer's Autoblock, Stun from Power Sting (YJ), Stun Reflect, etc.

Apoc is no doubt a top tier champ but Kitty is so over the top for all the things she can do.

Nice! One of my favourite nodes to cheese is special delivery.
    She’s also good for evade champions. You can go in for two hits and have the safety of phasing to pull back. I used her for Spider-ham in the Gauntlet and only had to use a couple of revives.
  • SammyDeSammyDe Posts: 886 ★★★
    edited September 2022
    I suppose Apoc needs it more as Kitty is broken at rank 3… Vendemiaire insights really helped.