**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Is This Considered Battlegrounds "Cheating" or Not?

So I've been playing battlegrounds since it came out and reached the Silver 2 bracket yesterday, but since then I haven't won a single match due to people using squads of half 1 Star Champs and half 6 Star r3 champs (Keep in mind I am still Uncollected and have only played people with squads as powerful as my own or a bit better prior). I don't know if what these people are doing is considered cheating, due to their profile saying they are Thronebreaker or Paragon and the fact that they are competing against Uncollected and Cavalier players. After finding this info I just wanted to ask the community on what their thoughts on this were.

Comments

• RiptideRiptide Posts: 3,067 ★★★★★
    Yeah, I’ve played 5 matches today, in gold level, and every match has been against TB or PG players with 1 and 2 stars in their deck lol
  • spidyjedi84spidyjedi84 Posts: 261 ★★
    Until they fix matchmaking, expect it.
  • danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,045 ★★★★★
    Markjv81 said:

Why would that impact matchmaking? Shouldn’t everyone who is in the same bracket have an equal chance to match anyone else in that bracket? Why would the roster matter?

No, it appears they use something similar to the old AW match making algorithm, where some aspects of roster size/strength is taken into account.
    Oh, that’s not good. Hopefully that’s changed/fixed for season 2.
  • Mother_FlerkenMother_Flerken Posts: 508 ★★★

Why would that impact matchmaking? Shouldn’t everyone who is in the same bracket have an equal chance to match anyone else in that bracket? Why would the roster matter?

Funny thing is you can match someone above or below your current bracket, ally mate did the 2* thing and sent this, plat 3 vs gold 1.

Looks like with their matchmaking if there's no similar rating in current bracket it'll search higher/lower brakcets as well.
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,760 ★★★★★
    Searmenis said:

Funny thing is you can match someone above or below your current bracket, ally mate did the 2* thing and sent this, plat 3 vs gold 1.

Looks like with their matchmaking if there's no similar rating in current bracket it'll search higher/lower brakcets as well.

And someone said that the same thing happens in arenas for years now. No. In arenas you can get all the milestones. Here you can't.
    It happens really. People use 2x high rated champs and 1x lower one in order to match against someone with a "medium rated" team. So that at leat you have 2x guaranteed victories
  • GuyGardnerGuyGardner Posts: 7
    I myself am thronebreaker with 2 r4 champs. I'm less than half of each t6b and t3a from thronebreaker and I made it it to silver the "normal" way but every opponent I've faced has had more r4 champs Then I have. I had to switch back to suicides for AQ. My loadout didn't save (I know it's a bug). I'm going to abuse this system even though I feel it it is not right as I feel it shouldn't be this way. I take immense joy defeating players who use one star champs and feel the ranking should be changed to truly reflect skill. However until it isn't I will abuse it so that it gains more attention. Also I will not be using elden rings until it is fixed and only energy refills.
  • GladsGlads Posts: 397 ★★★
    I am finding battle grounds a waste of time, unless people can dex backdraft and inception like ninjas it's well dodgy have 2 rounds where the opposition took 300hp against a max sig void, and 400hp damage against a star 100sig profx
  • MoosetiptronicMoosetiptronic Posts: 2,106 ★★★★
    @Kabam Jax it would be useful to know if this matchmaking rule was intended and thought through.

Because if you can't beat them, everyone will be joining them.

And if you tweak the code so you only match on PI for example, to remove the 1*/2* matching and regardless of tier, you only get matched on PI and not against players at your rank, then I can see this game mode dying very quickly.
  • MackeyMackey Posts: 1,547 ★★★★★
    Why are people using 1* and 2*? I haven't come across this as of yet. Does it help find lower accounts or something? 🤦‍♂️
  • SnakepSnakep Posts: 362 ★★★

It's pretty much what people have been doing in arena for years.

The difference being that in arenas you are only beating a computer ai with no negative effects to another player. In BG’s doing this beats and discourages an actual person.