**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Please postpone aw season

Please postpone aw season until the vfx issues are corrected. Difficulty is significantly increased without the visual cues commonly used. It’s unfair to put out a competitive game mode with the current state of the game.

Comments

• Ironside47Ironside47 Posts: 460 ★★★
    One more agree 😊
  • ThomildoThomildo Posts: 440 ★★★

Please postpone aw season until the vfx issues are corrected. Difficulty is significantly increased without the visual cues commonly used. It’s unfair to put out a competitive game mode with the current state of the game.

Totally agree!
    We run 1 bg during off season for loyalty, got smoked by guilly 99 last round. Even if it’s the same for everyone it’s total bs right now and aw should definetly be put on hold.
  • WayWorn2525WayWorn2525 Posts: 763 ★★★
    Without the visual cues, might as well play the game in the dark
  • Tx_Quack_Attack6589Tx_Quack_Attack6589 Posts: 578 ★★★

Without the visual cues, might as well play the game in the dark

You mean the visual cues like the icons that display under their health bars when they are phased?
  • ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★
    Usually I’d disagree when I see a “Postpone AW” thread, but this is one I fully agree with. VFX are important indicators, and while I don’t mind the bugs being in EQ SQ and Story content where I can back out and restart, the players don’t have that luxury during war or AQ for that matter.
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,281 ★★★★★
    One more agree from me.

Kraven's traps? Knull's Corruption? Various champs invisibility or Miss mechanics?

Sounds like a lot of pain for attackers (and a sudden drop in Defender Diversity in favour of such champs, who are suddenly disproportionately difficult...)
  • TreoTreo Posts: 382 ★★
    Absolutly agree … and this sudden glitch of today f-ing completely over island giving me confidence it’s gonna be a good season…. If this happens in season the same way as today that’s a complete loss of the path for me … nothing more I can do … losing Odin pre fight is making the path impossible to one shot for me
  • K00shMaanK00shMaan Posts: 1,289 ★★★★
    VFX issue seems like it's been resolved
  • Qwerty12345Qwerty12345 Posts: 757 ★★★
    I just tried dueling kraven...

I saw the traps, but every time I pushed him in... it didn't work.

Then when the duel was over... game hung (that bug is back).

Did a game restart... redid the duel... Now everything works.

I suggest restarting game to get things flushed / working
  • PetieCameronPetieCameron Posts: 260
    Well must admit it's nice to se ghost phase again but as we wait on our units n revives spent back a lot of us don't touch story while season is underway and use off-season for it. So a delay till we get our stuff back so we can get it done. & stuff back would still be greatly appreciated 🤠👍
  • @Kabam Miike
    Attack tactics is still not working in AW
  • Wally_WooferWally_Woofer Posts: 173

Well in that case, "blah blah blah".

Yet it is I who gets slapped for not being constructive. Meantime there are a noteworthy 2 running rampant, untouched for far more evident infractions. Will their post be edited? Will the discussion be closed?...not likely.
  • The_2nd_collectorThe_2nd_collector Posts: 93
    edited September 2022
    ChiliDog said:

Hey all,

This issue should now be resolved! Thank you all for your patience as we worked to address this issue. We'll be monitoring the situation and looking at how it affected Summoners during the duration of the Bug.

Check how many resources I spent on 8.1 boss trying to figure out what was going on. That would be a great starting point. 👍
    I don't remember kabam forcing the player base to play the permanent story mode that the vfx bug greatly affected.
    You took the risk so live with the consequences
  • DoosraDoosra Posts: 359 ★★★
    After vfx issues are fixed, I noticed a serious drop in inputs,I can't do a normal 5 hit combo without dropping inputs and taking specials to the face,
    And this is not after running the game after 1 hr issues, it's my first 10 streak in arena after I opened my game
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,221 ★★★★★

Hey all,

This issue should now be resolved! Thank you all for your patience as we worked to address this issue. We'll be monitoring the situation and looking at how it affected Summoners during the duration of the Bug.

When looking at "how it affected summoners" please look beyond the material cost. Though revives and units got burned doing certain content, all of the other normal stuff (aq, eq, sq, bg, etc) was also still being completed as normal, but with a massive drop in enjoyment. This last week was very much a chore rather than a fun time with a game we like. Remember that we're just people who like your product at its best, and not just a bunch of rubes who are obligated to log in every few hours.
    Ghost / Kitty / G99 / Stryfe etc all have a phase timer right under their health bar (cooldown timer for G99).

Terrax’s Rock Field causes his power bar to grey out.

Emma’s states are shown under her health bar.

Yes there are vfx issues, but that doesn’t mean it totally handicapped anyone or caused a “massive drop in enjoyment”.