**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Options

7 STARS ARE COMING

Comments

• Options
    Sw0rdMasterSw0rdMaster Posts: 1,746 ★★★★
    edited September 2022
    Should i stop ranking 6* now 🤣
    Won't be opening 6* crystals until Nov update.

• Options
    I remember people freaking out when 6* was announced. What do you expect? The game needs to progress and 7* champs is a natural progression. I’m excited for it. I want 7* r1 champs to be at the same power level as 6* r3 or R4. Let’s continue this game for a few more years
  • Options
    TruthseekerTruthseeker Posts: 333 ★★
    DNA3000 said:

I think it would be good if instead of that Ascension thing, after you max out a 6* champ you'll have the option to Evolve them, it'll be like a regular rank up but it'll be hard to get of course, and this will "comvert" your 6* r5 champ into a 7* rank 1 champ.
    I mean, why not?
    That way your 6* champs can truly progress and you wont have to do the same process to the same champ and get him all over again... 7 stars will be obtainable from crystals, but also you will be able to evolve as I said a maxed 6* into a 7* r1 champ and just continue with the same champion...
    Thoughts?

I think you don't understand why new rarities exist. The whole point to introducing a new rarity is: you don't have them yet. Allowing players to simply upgrade their existing 6* champs into full-fledged 7* champs would make 7* rarity pointless.

Ascension is in a sense the converse of rank overlap. When you pull a new 6* champ, it isn't necessarily more powerful than your 5* champs. Ignoring things like sigs and combat power, your 6* champ doesn't really become more powerful than your max 5* champs until you rank them to at least R2, and really R3. But *eventually* the 6* champs pull ahead, because your 5* champs are stuck at 5/65 (CR120) while 6* champs can go all the way up to R5 (CR150). Eventually, but this takes time and resources, and the resources required are gated initially. Ascension does a bit of the opposite, allows a 5/65 to jump up a little more, adding additional life to those 6* champs you have before you pull them as 7* rarity. But again, eventually the 7* champs will pull away. The time during which the rarities overlap, either by explicit rank overlap or by Ascension mechanics, are the window of time during which the transition from 5* to 6*, or 6* to 7* can happen less abruptly.

But you're *supposed* to eventually chase after the next rarity. That's why it exists. Fundamentally, that's the only reason they exist. Kabam is not going to allow you to "evolve" your existing 6* champs into 7* champs, because that eliminates the need to chase 7* champs, and that's the only reason to make 7* champs. We can't have the best way to acquire a 7* champ be: chase the 6* version then evolve it. Because as 7* champs get introduced, the ability to acquire 6* champs will get easier and easier. It will soon be as easy to catch a specific 6* champ as it is now to get a specific 5* champ.
    Its about timing. The timing is the only reason people complain in my opinion. Next year would be a blast and people would love it.
  • Options
    Wakandas_FinestWakandas_Finest Posts: 838 ★★★★
    altavista said:

I for one am at least appreciative for the heads up. 7*s were always going to be a thing as long as the game is financially viable to kabam we can expect the star rarity of champs to increase. Genius marketing to announce this well in advance of Black Friday/cyber Monday and the holidays by the way.

It is kind of odd, in that now there could be some buyer paralysis over investing further in 6-stars or just hold out for 7-stars. Spenders at the top are not gonna care, but for the more price-sensitive buyer, it might give them pause.

For example, on Cyber Monday, why care about a 6-star Nexus Selector (10 champions) if in the back of your mind you know 7-stars are officially coming? T6b and T3a are likely still gonna be valuable for 7-stars, but with the official announcement it slightly depreciates 6-star shards/crystals
    If the past is any kind of indicator it will be almost 6 months AFTER 7*s are released before god tier and above champs are available. I remember the first couple of batches of 6* champs were terrible star lord and cap wwii were the best you could hope for. With that in mind it will be about a year from now before players have a 7* worth investing in not to mention rank up materials for 7*s will lag behind their release. I wouldn’t be one bit surprised to not see a r2 7* until late 2023 or early 2024
  • Options
    ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 5,014 ★★★★★

altavista said:

I for one am at least appreciative for the heads up. 7*s were always going to be a thing as long as the game is financially viable to kabam we can expect the star rarity of champs to increase. Genius marketing to announce this well in advance of Black Friday/cyber Monday and the holidays by the way.

It is kind of odd, in that now there could be some buyer paralysis over investing further in 6-stars or just hold out for 7-stars. Spenders at the top are not gonna care, but for the more price-sensitive buyer, it might give them pause.

For example, on Cyber Monday, why care about a 6-star Nexus Selector (10 champions) if in the back of your mind you know 7-stars are officially coming? T6b and T3a are likely still gonna be valuable for 7-stars, but with the official announcement it slightly depreciates 6-star shards/crystals
    If the past is any kind of indicator it will be almost 6 months AFTER 7*s are released before god tier and above champs are available. I remember the first couple of batches of 6* champs were terrible star lord and cap wwii were the best you could hope for. With that in mind it will be about a year from now before players have a 7* worth investing in not to mention rank up materials for 7*s will lag behind their release. I wouldn’t be one bit surprised to not see a r2 7* until late 2023 or early 2024
    And yet people are crying the end is near. All they see is the immediate future and chasing only a handful of so called top tier champs. They aren't looking at the long term future.
  • Options
    Wakandas_FinestWakandas_Finest Posts: 838 ★★★★
    Fabwizi said:

Fabwizi said:

Really not happy, I know top of the top people need something new but I thought relics were that thing but having to grind for relics and then 7* looks like not so good prospects for FTP and casual spenders.

Relics were never a replacement for a new Rarity. They couldn't be. The same argument came when 6*s were introduced, and scores of F2P people have extensive 6* Rosters now.
    It should have been.

With Relics and Ascension (Limit Break) it w
    Should have been and alternative to 7* rather than doing the same dance again on different tunes.

Need more creativity then just adding a star and asking people to do the same thing all over again.

Bring in costumes and skins , Relics were a good alternative they could have also introduced Transendent feature where 6* sig 200 champs can be converted to 7* with some items which then can be monetized.

Eg: Sig 200 6* Convus can consume cosmic transcend gem to become sig 1 cosmic 7*.
    Never ceases to amaze me how often people forget that this game is first and foremost a business product. As much as they are constantly looking for ways to improve player engagement they are looking for ways to make money.
  • Options
    ShadowstrikeShadowstrike Posts: 3,105 ★★★★★

Fabwizi said:

Fabwizi said:

Really not happy, I know top of the top people need something new but I thought relics were that thing but having to grind for relics and then 7* looks like not so good prospects for FTP and casual spenders.

Relics were never a replacement for a new Rarity. They couldn't be. The same argument came when 6*s were introduced, and scores of F2P people have extensive 6* Rosters now.
    It should have been.

Should have been and alternative to 7* rather than doing the same dance again on different tunes.

Need more creativity then just adding a star and asking people to do the same thing all over again.

Bring in costumes and skins , Relics were a good alternative they could have also introduced Transendent feature where 6* sig 200 champs can be converted to 7* with some items which then can be monetized.

Eg: Sig 200 6* Convus can consume cosmic transcend gem to become sig 1 cosmic 7*.
    Never ceases to amaze me how often people forget that this game is first and foremost a business product. As much as they are constantly looking for ways to improve player engagement they are looking for ways to make money.
    It's unfortunately the case with a lot of communities, you can't just look at things exclusively from a player benefit standpoint, you HAVE TO look at it from all angles, especially from the business side of it, which means that this is the best possible outcome they felt is going to help generate income.
  • Options
    LpooLpoo Posts: 2,215 ★★★★★
    it was bound to happen. I’ll grind for my first 7* just for fun and then retire. I’m just at that point in my life where I want to focus on other things. I understand the motivation for introducing 7*, but it does feel a bit unsustainable in the long run.
  • Options
    0casual00casual0 Posts: 457 ★★★
    Kabam really said, "it's reset time!". How long will this cycle keep going? Until we reach 50*? 6r4 can clear the whole content with no problem. It will took forever to build 7* roster. Waste of time.
  • Options
    LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,643 ★★★★★

So should we start saving our 6* pulls so we can capitalize on the dupes for 7* shards in November? Or will we get 7* shards for our historical pulls?

Start saving.
  • Options
    youaintrightyouaintright Posts: 185 ★★
    What's the max sig level going to be? 400?
  • Options
    ZAHIDMALIK1588ZAHIDMALIK1588 Posts: 624 ★★
    All I can think, is, "there isn't enough room for 7 Stars if they keep the same size of stars, does it mean the size of stars will be decreased?", I am confused, @Kabam Miike @Kabam Zibiit @Kabam Porthos @Kabam Vydious @Kabam Lyra along with @Kabam Jax
  • Options

DNA3000 said:

I think it would be good if instead of that Ascension thing, after you max out a 6* champ you'll have the option to Evolve them, it'll be like a regular rank up but it'll be hard to get of course, and this will "comvert" your 6* r5 champ into a 7* rank 1 champ.
    I mean, why not?
    That way your 6* champs can truly progress and you wont have to do the same process to the same champ and get him all over again... 7 stars will be obtainable from crystals, but also you will be able to evolve as I said a maxed 6* into a 7* r1 champ and just continue with the same champion...
    Thoughts?

I think you don't understand why new rarities exist. The whole point to introducing a new rarity is: you don't have them yet. Allowing players to simply upgrade their existing 6* champs into full-fledged 7* champs would make 7* rarity pointless.

Ascension is in a sense the converse of rank overlap. When you pull a new 6* champ, it isn't necessarily more powerful than your 5* champs. Ignoring things like sigs and combat power, your 6* champ doesn't really become more powerful than your max 5* champs until you rank them to at least R2, and really R3. But *eventually* the 6* champs pull ahead, because your 5* champs are stuck at 5/65 (CR120) while 6* champs can go all the way up to R5 (CR150). Eventually, but this takes time and resources, and the resources required are gated initially. Ascension does a bit of the opposite, allows a 5/65 to jump up a little more, adding additional life to those 6* champs you have before you pull them as 7* rarity. But again, eventually the 7* champs will pull away. The time during which the rarities overlap, either by explicit rank overlap or by Ascension mechanics, are the window of time during which the transition from 5* to 6*, or 6* to 7* can happen less abruptly.

But you're *supposed* to eventually chase after the next rarity. That's why it exists. Fundamentally, that's the only reason they exist. Kabam is not going to allow you to "evolve" your existing 6* champs into 7* champs, because that eliminates the need to chase 7* champs, and that's the only reason to make 7* champs. We can't have the best way to acquire a 7* champ be: chase the 6* version then evolve it. Because as 7* champs get introduced, the ability to acquire 6* champs will get easier and easier. It will soon be as easy to catch a specific 6* champ as it is now to get a specific 5* champ.
    Its about timing. The timing is the only reason people complain in my opinion. Next year would be a blast and people would love it.
    I'm skeptical that is true, but even if it is true, new rarities are added when new rarities become required, and that happens when the game management people says it does. The developers have a lot of discretion over the how, but not over the when.

How precisely this happens here is not something I'm privy to, but in every game where I am privy to it, this is primarily a data driven decision, not a judgment driven decision. Someone doesn't say they feel like it is time. Someone says according to this data, it is projected to have to happen within the next twelve months, and then the developers make it happen.

And those people making that decision rarely read game forums.
  • Options

Fabwizi said:

Fabwizi said:

It should have been.

It's unfortunately the case with a lot of communities, you can't just look at things exclusively from a player benefit standpoint, you HAVE TO look at it from all angles, especially from the business side of it, which means that this is the best possible outcome they felt is going to help generate income.
    There's a lot more to it than that. In every conversation I've had with game developers on or around this topic (progression systems) revenue was just one component, and not always the most important one. Long term stability of the game was the most important issue. There are dynamic forces at work in progression games that, to quote the Architect, lead to an escalating probability of failure. Those imbalances have to be addressed, and in our game roster reset is the way those imbalances are addressed.

If they don't do this, yes they will be making less money over time, but not for the reason people think. It won't be because they will run out of things to sell. It will be because they run out of people to sell them to. Most of the players playing today, including most of the spenders, were not here eight years ago, or seven years ago, or even five years ago. The player base keeps turning over. People leave, people join. Without roster resets, fewer and fewer players would join. But it is unlikely everyone else would stay, because most players don't leave because of roster resets. So eventually, you have a dead game.

There are a lot of people who think this isn't the case, but game developers don't believe this because they all decided to guess. They know this because they have several decades of online gaming history to learn from, and player retention data most of us don't ever get a look at. So you can't convince them otherwise.
  • Options
    ZAHIDMALIK1588ZAHIDMALIK1588 Posts: 624 ★★

but… why?

there isn’t even content difficult enough for rank 4 six stars, and rank fives aren’t even achievable in the game yet. So why the hell are they adding seven stars now?

Because the people at "Kabam" need food.
  • Options
    TeddersTedders Posts: 131 ★★
    I've been playing since the beginning so i saw the change from 4 star to 5 then to 6 stars and to be honest i think 7 stars should be fine, by the time 7 stars are really needed 6 star shards will be really easy to get....im more worried about the ascension mechanics
  • Options
    You dont like it don’t play, peace. you whiners won’t be missed. Ppl whined about quitting when 6* were introduced and the game did just fine. Funny thing about it most those crybabies stfu and didn’t go any where when 6* came, which they’ll do again this go around
  • Options
    KiptonadeKiptonade Posts: 223 ★★★
    I hope the initial 7* pool is well thought out and they don’t just do the lazy option of copying over the current basic pools as they are. I really think it would be a good idea to retire the buff program and just focus on making really well thought out new champions. In doing so let some of the awful champions (Kamala, Groot, electro, etc etc) have their rarity end at 6*

I get that part of the grind is getting the good with the bad but it will not be game destroying to allow people to have a decent champion with a chance of an amazing/god tier.