**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

What is your honest opinion on 7 stars?

Comments

• Options
    Wozzle007Wozzle007 Posts: 937 ★★★★★
    edited September 2022
    I don’t see the problem. They’re not coming out until 2023. It’ll probably 2024/25 before you can rank a 7* up to the point it’s stronger than a 6* R4. There will be a resource management perspective where you’ll still rank up 6* same as we did for a while as a 5/65 was essentially the same as a 6R2 but used fewer T5CC and T2a. Unless your at the Master end of the game this really isn’t going to impact on anyone that significantly for a long time. The majority will still be ranking up 6* long before they do 7*.

This should actually create a trickle effect of loads of extra 6* shards and 6* awakening gems in the games. You can’t turn around in the game without 5* shards being thrown at you, there’s usually at least 1 awakening gem a month.

As long as Kabam doesn’t Battleground the implementation of it all and you have spend your soul to get 7* shards it’ll be fine.
  • Options
    MaratoxMaratox Posts: 1,499 ★★★★★
    It’s very weird because I don’t think anyone thought this game would get to be where it is. Almost 8 years of existence for a mobile game is pretty much unheard of. As much as I hate to admit it 7* champs are necessary for the game’s continued growth. But with more stars comes a greater gap. I think now is not the time to be implementing all three of relics, 7*, and ascension. The game is not in a good place for it right now and Kabam should probably have waited another year. But I do think 7* champs need to happen in order for the game to progress. I’m torn on it.
  • Options
    13579rebel_13579rebel_ Posts: 2,408 ★★★★★
    I don't care about 7 stars I do not like relics
  • Options
    BowTieJohnBowTieJohn Posts: 2,360 ★★★★
    @Raganator thank you for your post and I hope more community members read and consider this before just giving knee jerk, emotional filled responses. We as a community need to better respond and interact on various topics within our game community.
  • Options
    MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,373 ★★★★★
    7* Thanos:

• Options
    TheInfintyTheInfinty Posts: 1,382 ★★★★
    Way too early but in concept are fine.
  • Options
    Not a fan of 7* but will wait and watch.
  • Options
    AxewAxew Posts: 622 ★★★★
    edited September 2022
    I love the idea of 7 stars. I hate the fact that they’re coming so soon. I would have waited until R5 6 stars had been available for at least 1 year so people could develop their R5 roster.

If anything I would have liked if they only announced accession and held off on releasing 7 stars for a year.
  • Options
    Axew said:

I love the idea of 7 stars. I hate the fact that they’re coming so soon. I would have waited until R5 6 stars had been available for at least 1 year so people could develop their R5 roster.

That would be approximately one year too late.

As unpopular an idea as this can be, games like this simply cannot survive on making people comfortable. Comfortable people have no need to spend, because they have no needs. Games like this survive by creating needs, and then they are supported by the few people willing to spend lots on those needs, while everyone else gets a free game to play. If you want players to be able to play games for free, someone else has to pay for them. And they aren't going to donate to a million players' GoFundMe accounts to help them out.

We're not supposed to have everything we think we need. We're not supposed to be allowed to just get comfortable. Or rather, you can do that, but not at the top. If you want to fill out your 5* roster, go for it. If you want to fill out your 6* roster, you'll be able to do that as well. But not when it is the top tier of the game. You get to take a year to get comfortable building up your 6* 5/65s when the whales are spending money - keeping the game alive for everyone else - on the next thing.

That's why the next thing has to get here before everyone has a chance to play around with the current top tier thing. 7* has to arrive before 6* 5/65. The whales spending on 7* champs is what *pays* for us to have 6* 5/65 champs. Until they move up, the rest of us can't move on.
  • Options
    I thought Kabam was introducing relics instead of 7*, so I was very surprised. It seems 7* is too early when most people don’t have any 6* R5.
  • Options
    ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 4,781 ★★★★★

7* Thanos:

But only during the December events
  • Options
    ZAHIDMALIK1588ZAHIDMALIK1588 Posts: 624 ★★
    wheatmann said:

What is your honest opinion on 7 stars?

I'm sorry, what's the question again?
  • Options
    Khellendros138Khellendros138 Posts: 522 ★★★
    7*s are fine. It makes sense to include them. Relics are meh. A whole nother layer of bs to worry about, and another opportunity for the p2w gap to widen.
  • Options
    Khellendros138Khellendros138 Posts: 522 ★★★
    edited September 2022
    Double posted for some reason.
  • Options
    ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 4,781 ★★★★★

7*s are fine. It makes sense to include them. Relics are meh. A whole nother layer of bs to worry about, and another opportunity for the p2w gap to widen.

That gap will always be there no matter what so why worry about it? You want to close it? Spend as much as the top does.
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,040 ★★★★★
    edited September 2022
    caustic said:

DNA3000 said:

-sixate- said:

I just quit. I slept on it to let it sink in. Told my alliance of 4 years goodbye, left and uninstalled the game. There's no way I can invest the time and cash into a 7* roster. My 6* roster was finally something to feel good about and in 5 months it'll be useless. No thanks, not doing this again. Good luck to those who cantinue. If ascension meant turning your 6* into 7* I'd be cool with it, but that's not happening so I'm out. Kabam will screw up relics and ascension because let's all face it. That what they do. They screw up evrrything new in the game. Bugs persist for months, nothing is done to modders and cheaters. I can go on, but there's no point since this game will have no part in my life anymore.

I'm a little skeptical about someone that says they quit the game and it will have no part in their life, and then signs onto the discussion forum for that game to state that the game will have no part in their life, all the while typing about the game while presumably still alive.
    He was in my alliance and he in fact did quit. You guys can criticize his choice to publicly post that he's leaving all you want, but it just shows you're incapable of understanding any perspective beyond "Kabam does everything correct". The subject of the thread is literally asking people for their honest opinion about 7 stars.

The fact of the matter is there are more people who have unfavorable opinions about this announcement than not. Just look at how that announcement post got ratio'd with dislikes. And this is on a forum completely controlled and often times censored by Kabam mods..

Does the thought of getting a 7* really excite you all that much? One you already have as a 6* version? Then doing it all over again with your 7* version - awakening them, taking them to sig 200, taking them up to rank 3/4/5? Does that really sound fun to you? Not to me and it looks like i'm in the majority.
    He quit because we might get enough shards to open one 7* in March or April. He said his 6* roster is now useless. He brought this on himself. Extremely short sided viewpoint.

Also your comment "a forum completely controlled and often times censored by Kabam mods" made me giggle because you act like we're in control of the forums and the mods aren't supposed to be doing the job they were hired for lol. Comment of the day for sure.
  • Options
    caustic said:

DNA3000 said:

-sixate- said:

I just quit. I slept on it to let it sink in. Told my alliance of 4 years goodbye, left and uninstalled the game. There's no way I can invest the time and cash into a 7* roster. My 6* roster was finally something to feel good about and in 5 months it'll be useless. No thanks, not doing this again. Good luck to those who cantinue. If ascension meant turning your 6* into 7* I'd be cool with it, but that's not happening so I'm out. Kabam will screw up relics and ascension because let's all face it. That what they do. They screw up evrrything new in the game. Bugs persist for months, nothing is done to modders and cheaters. I can go on, but there's no point since this game will have no part in my life anymore.

I'm a little skeptical about someone that says they quit the game and it will have no part in their life, and then signs onto the discussion forum for that game to state that the game will have no part in their life, all the while typing about the game while presumably still alive.
    He was in my alliance and he in fact did quit. You guys can criticize his choice to publicly post that he's leaving all you want, but it just shows you're incapable of understanding any perspective beyond "Kabam does everything correct". The subject of the thread is literally asking people for their honest opinion about 7 stars.

The fact of the matter is there are more people who have unfavorable opinions about this announcement than not. Just look at how that announcement post got ratio'd with dislikes. And this is on a forum completely controlled and often times censored by Kabam mods..

Does the thought of getting a 7* really excite you all that much? One you already have as a 6* version? Then doing it all over again with your 7* version - awakening them, taking them to sig 200, taking them up to rank 3/4/5? Does that really sound fun to you? Not to me and it looks like i'm in the majority.
    1. I said I was skeptical about someone who says the game plays no role in their life while discussing said game. I did not say I was skeptical he quit. People rage quit all the time. A lot of them eventually come back. Others don't. This is not something I'm particularly skeptical about one way or the other.

2. Criticizing his choice of complaining about a game he claims to no longer care about doesn't show I'm incapable of undedrstanding any perspective beyond "Kabam does everything correct." I've criticized Kabam many times when I think they've gotten something wrong. I've made many suggestions on how to improve the game, some of which are actually currently in the game. Your problem, and it is your problem, is not that I think Kabam is always right, it is that you think anyone who disagrees with a player is on the wrong side. But as I've repeatedly stated, I'm not on their side, I'm not on your side, I'm on my side. My side advocates for a better game, and it discusses the game objectively. And I don't care how many people think that makes me a stooge. If you can't do any better than that, that's nothing at all.

The fact that you're provably wrong here suggests it isn't me that has a problem understanding the perspectives of other people.

4. If you think the ratio of dislikes is an accurate measure of what the majority of people think, good luck with that.

4. Even if you are in the majority, that's completely irrelevant. The majority of people want things to be free. The majority of players don't want to die in content. The majority of players don't want gates. They don't want content more difficult than they can do. They don't want it to be hard to get their favorite champ. The majority of players don't like to lose.

But this is a game. You don't get to have everything you want. If what you want is a sandbox, there are sandboxes out there. Play one of them. This game is a progressional game, and progress is not going to stop and wait for your permission to continue. Me personally, do I like starting over? Actually, yes and no. The part of me that worked hard to get where I am now is not happy about having to start over. But the part of me that started playing this game in the first place because there were things to do and things to find and things to get and things to conquer, that part is happy to have all new horizons.

I did my best when it was just three stars and four stars, but I was at best in the middle of the pack. I did much better when it was four stars and five stars in play, and I got much better at catching up to at least the higher end of the game. Now that it is five stars and six stars, I have a pretty solid roster and while I've semi-retired from the alliance rat race, I'm still right there in terms of the non-alliance content. What's it going to look like when the 7* saloon doors swing open? I have no idea, but I play the game to find out.

That's what the game is. That's what it always has been. That's what it will always be. It isn't just seven stars that are inevitable. Eight stars are also inevitable. Nine stars are also inevitable. The clock has already started ticking down towards them both, and there's nothing you can do to stop it. You can change many of the things the game does, but you can't change what the game is. It is a progressional game. And the progressional ladder was decided long ago. Seven stars don't change the game. They've always been there, waiting for us to catch up to them.

I play the game for what it is. I'm all for making it a better version of what it is, but if someone wants a completely different game, they should find that game, not try to change this one into something completely different.
  • Options
    RapRap Posts: 3,194 ★★★★
    edited September 2022
    If you have been around since the beginning, you may remember that in an earlier game road map, 7s were to be released in 2021. So, as far as that 2017 road map? Kabam is a year behind schedule. In fact i started warning they were coming at the beginning of 2021 and was told i didn't know what i was talking about.
    Truthfully, all of this is part of my other unheeded warning, that kabam wants this to be a full on "pay to win" game. The recent announcement is just one more step in that direction.
  • Options
    caustic said:

DNA3000 said:

caustic said:

DNA3000 said:

-sixate- said:

1. I said I was skeptical about someone who says the game plays no role in their life while discussing said game. I did not say I was skeptical he quit. People rage quit all the time. A lot of them eventually come back. Others don't. This is not something I'm particularly skeptical about one way or the other.

2. Criticizing his choice of complaining about a game he claims to no longer care about doesn't show I'm incapable of undedrstanding any perspective beyond "Kabam does everything correct." I've criticized Kabam many times when I think they've gotten something wrong. I've made many suggestions on how to improve the game, some of which are actually currently in the game. Your problem, and it is your problem, is not that I think Kabam is always right, it is that you think anyone who disagrees with a player is on the wrong side. But as I've repeatedly stated, I'm not on their side, I'm not on your side, I'm on my side. My side advocates for a better game, and it discusses the game objectively. And I don't care how many people think that makes me a stooge. If you can't do any better than that, that's nothing at all.

The fact that you're provably wrong here suggests it isn't me that has a problem understanding the perspectives of other people.

4. If you think the ratio of dislikes is an accurate measure of what the majority of people think, good luck with that.

4. Even if you are in the majority, that's completely irrelevant. The majority of people want things to be free. The majority of players don't want to die in content. The majority of players don't want gates. They don't want content more difficult than they can do. They don't want it to be hard to get their favorite champ. The majority of players don't like to lose.

But this is a game. You don't get to have everything you want. If what you want is a sandbox, there are sandboxes out there. Play one of them. This game is a progressional game, and progress is not going to stop and wait for your permission to continue. Me personally, do I like starting over? Actually, yes and no. The part of me that worked hard to get where I am now is not happy about having to start over. But the part of me that started playing this game in the first place because there were things to do and things to find and things to get and things to conquer, that part is happy to have all new horizons.

I did my best when it was just three stars and four stars, but I was at best in the middle of the pack. I did much better when it was four stars and five stars in play, and I got much better at catching up to at least the higher end of the game. Now that it is five stars and six stars, I have a pretty solid roster and while I've semi-retired from the alliance rat race, I'm still right there in terms of the non-alliance content. What's it going to look like when the 7* saloon doors swing open? I have no idea, but I play the game to find out.

That's what the game is. That's what it always has been. That's what it will always be. It isn't just seven stars that are inevitable. Eight stars are also inevitable. Nine stars are also inevitable. The clock has already started ticking down towards them both, and there's nothing you can do to stop it. You can change many of the things the game does, but you can't change what the game is. It is a progressional game. And the progressional ladder was decided long ago. Seven stars don't change the game. They've always been there, waiting for us to catch up to them.

I play the game for what it is. I'm all for making it a better version of what it is, but if someone wants a completely different game, they should find that game, not try to change this one into something completely different.
    1. You are skeptical about someone you know nothing about, who voices their opinion on a forum asking for their honest opinion. Now I'm skeptical.
    2. I think everyone who disagrees with me is wrong? You really just jump to conclusions. I thought you had a point here, but it just sounded like self promotion.
    3. You don't believe ratio of dislikes is not an accurate measurement of what people think, but you've done nothing to explain why.
    4. Majority is definitely relevant. It's how we pick summoner choice champs, how we get suggestions from the community and how we make positive changes happen when Kabam makes bad choices. You said a lot of stuff here, mostly irrelevant and because I think you tried to sound inspiring and you lack conciseness, but what I gathered is you would rather throw the baby out with the bath water.
    It wouldn't be Friday on the internet without a "I know you are but what am I" post. Now all I need is a massively ironic post to scratch Bingo and move on to cocktails.