**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

VFX Compensation?

SiliyoSiliyo Posts: 1,378 ★★★★★
edited October 2022 in General Discussion
Has there been word regarding this? I wanted to double check.
Post edited by Kabam Miike on

Comments

• CederCeder Posts: 668 ★★★
    Siliyo said:

Ceder said:

I've been wondering to, the game was basically unplayable because of it

The thing that affected a lot of people, me included, is Act 8 Scytalis. How is this being addressed?
    Scytalisis didn't really affect me because the battlefield had things in the background I could try and remember when she placed traps, but I died alot to other champions, not to mention block animations were broken and that fricked me up alot
  • JhonST33JhonST33 Posts: 499 ★★★
    Ceder said:

Unplayable, why?
  • ChiliDogChiliDog Posts: 883 ★★★

Compensation for VFX issues: nope

Compensation for me fighting scytalis during the bug?: Why, i decided to fight her that time itself, it isn't kabams mistake of we decide to fight her and then ask for compensation for VFX issues

As others stated, the in-game message did not relay the information until much later. Once I figured out what was going on, after many resources spent, i was not amysed. I could now probably do this fight in <15% of what I used.
  • RebarkRebark Posts: 344 ★★★
    It's an unpopular opinion, but I think the compensation should come with AW/AQ potions/revive and energy refills.
    I think it was everyone's decision to do act 8.1. I myself saw that it was bugged and I didn't do it. Not being able to do it meant that I wasted energy.
    If you did it knowing that the game was in trouble, it's nothing more than an exploit.
    AQ/AW are mandatory, there was no option to simply not play, those who are in alliance know that they need to play and that's it, but side quests, monthly events and act are things you can expect and by waiting, we had a huge loss with loss of energy
  • SiliyoSiliyo Posts: 1,378 ★★★★★
    Rebark said:

It's an unpopular opinion, but I think the compensation should come with AW/AQ potions/revive and energy refills.
    I think it was everyone's decision to do act 8.1. I myself saw that it was bugged and I didn't do it. Not being able to do it meant that I wasted energy.
    If you did it knowing that the game was in trouble, it's nothing more than an exploit.
    AQ/AW are mandatory, there was no option to simply not play, those who are in alliance know that they need to play and that's it, but side quests, monthly events and act are things you can expect and by waiting, we had a huge loss with loss of energy

Hot take, but bad take. You have a choice in every aspect of the game. The fact of the matter is whether or not this is being followed up on or is being swept under the rug. As mentioned in this thread, not everyone reads the forums and the notification about the bug did not come in game until much later.
  • TheLightBringerTheLightBringer Posts: 453 ★★★★
    Rebark said:

I saw content creators doing BW fight before it was bugged and the traps were shown, then when I got into the fight the traps were invisible, how could I've known it's a bug, I tried many times thinking that I'm doing something wrong wanted a decent amount of revives before eventually everyone notices that this is a bug, and after all of that kabam put an announcement on fourms ( which is an unknown place for most players) that the visuals are broken everywhere in game. So no I didn't decide to do the fight knowing it was bugged, I simply didn't knew
  • xjdalegendxxjdalegendx Posts: 41
    I still think even if you don’t read forums you have a choice to do content that’s bugged. Reading forums doesn’t matter nor does it heavily affect gameplay, it helps so you can understand what’s going on but it’s a choice to read forums as much as it is a choice to do bugged content. I don’t think there should be much compensation except say for energy refills, revives and potions. But then again not everyone did the bugged content so it’s difficult to just give a hand out when a good amount of ppl made a smart choice to not make it more difficult for themselves by doing the bugged content. We shouldn’t be given a handout for making our own choices to do bugged content. Ofc it was out of our control that the game was bugged but it was most definitely in our control to proceed or not.
  • xjdalegendxxjdalegendx Posts: 41

Rebark said:

I saw content creators doing BW fight before it was bugged and the traps were shown, then when I got into the fight the traps were invisible, how could I've known it's a bug, I tried many times thinking that I'm doing something wrong wanted a decent amount of revives before eventually everyone notices that this is a bug, and after all of that kabam put an announcement on fourms ( which is an unknown place for most players) that the visuals are broken everywhere in game. So no I didn't decide to do the fight knowing it was bugged, I simply didn't knew
    Even if you don’t know there’s a global chat where you can ask and most of the time ppl will point out in global that something is bugged. Diligence is a virtue that most ppl seem to not understand.
  • KerneasKerneas Posts: 3,739 ★★★★★
    Ceder said:

That's a bit exaggerated don't you think?
  • CometEarthCometEarth Posts: 115
    Still no word about it. People used more pots and revives so it has affecte them in a very negative way. Hope we have nes about this compensation soon.
    @Kabam Jax do you have any insight?
    I don’t understand how other less important threads are getting responses, but requesting info about VFX issues/compensation from weeks ago seems to be too much to warrant a response
    I think this is a "ghost them until they forget about it" method here
  • Real_Madrid_76_2Real_Madrid_76_2 Posts: 3,310 ★★★★★
    My god i am dead, people dotn understand sarcasm
    Ahem...
This discussion has been closed.