**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Apple Store increase (€)

Considering the new increasing in the apple store, I'll stop buying the Sigil and other offers. I know it doesn't depend by kabam but maybe they should think to compensate it decreasing the cost.

Comments

• JJJmJJJJJJmJJJ Posts: 130
    MiniMF said:

Are u actually saying it's not their fault but they should decrease the price ? See how that makes absolutely no sense at all ?

apple increases, fewer buyers, kabam collects less. perhaps, by adjusting their margins, they would partially compensate for the loss. if, on the other hand, users will continue to buy even with the highest prices, then it makes no sense.
  • MiniMFMiniMF Posts: 843 ★★★★
    JJJmJJJ said:

MiniMF said:

Are u actually saying it's not their fault but they should decrease the price ? See how that makes absolutely no sense at all ?

apple increases, fewer buyers, kabam collects less. perhaps, by adjusting their margins, they would partially compensate for the loss. if, on the other hand, users will continue to buy even with the highest prices, then it makes no sense.
    Gotcha !

JJJmJJJ said:

Considering the new increasing in the apple store, I'll stop buying the Sigil and other offers. I know it doesn't depend by kabam but maybe they should think to compensate it decreasing the cost.

They isn't even set by Kabam. It's by Apple. Kabam only says the tier level an offer is and apple and Google choose a price within it from there.
    This is not true, developers are able choose whether to keep prices lower or to make users pay the price increase
  • ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★
    JJJmJJJ said:

JJJmJJJ said:

They isn't even set by Kabam. It's by Apple. Kabam only says the tier level an offer is and apple and Google choose a price within it from there.
    This is not true, developers are able choose whether to keep prices lower or to make users pay the price increase
    The developers could change the price tier, yes. But those price tiers are set by Apple and Google respectively. If the next tier down is lower than what they were selling for before the price increase then it is not in best interest for Kabam to then lose money they otherwise would have because of Apple and Google’s decisions to raise prices.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,861 ★★★★★
    JJJmJJJ said:

JJJmJJJ said:

You're wrong but whatever.
    ItsDamien said:

JJJmJJJ said:

JJJmJJJ said:

The developers could change the price tier, yes. But those price tiers are set by Apple and Google respectively. If the next tier down is lower than what they were selling for before the price increase then it is not in best interest for Kabam to then lose money they otherwise would have because of Apple and Google’s decisions to raise prices.
    I agree with you, but maybe just lowering 1 or 2 levels is a good compromise..

• ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★
    JJJmJJJ said:

ItsDamien said:

JJJmJJJ said:

JJJmJJJ said:

Again why should Kabam take a loss on their usual revenue due to the increases on Apple and Google’s part? Unfortunately this is a hard lesson to learn, but 99 out of 100 times the price increases are passed onto the consumer to protect the profits of the company. This happens in almost every industry. Does it suck? Yes. Will they change it? Doubtful. Should you use your money elsewhere or in a better manner? Probably.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    Kabam sets the price as the same for everyone, and the platforms make adjustments based on local Taxes and Duties. That cost must be made because of decisions made by our local government. Losing revenue to adjust for that would be poor business.

Kabam sets the price as the same for everyone, and the platforms make adjustments based on local Taxes and Duties. That cost must be made because of decisions made by our local government. Losing revenue to adjust for that would be poor business.

Losing paying customers will be worse, but this is also something we will discover ... in the meantime Epichames CEO has already taken a position on that
  • AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★

JJJmJJJ said:

JJJmJJJ said:

I mean, they are right ? Kabam can lower the tier of items? But don't know how the slabs work and how incrmeental the chnages are
  • CoppinCoppin Posts: 2,601 ★★★★★

JJJmJJJ said:

JJJmJJJ said:

I mean, they are right ? Kabam can lower the tier of items? But don't know how the slabs work and how incrmeental the chnages are
    So a company in Canada has to adjust to the taxes and conversion rates of europe... Interesting
  • Qwerty12345Qwerty12345 Posts: 756 ★★★
    And so if I live in Petoria with Peter Griffin, and he makes the currency have an exchange rate of 0%... should the items be given away for free because whatever Kabam charges times 0% is going to be zero Peter-bucks?
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,552 Guardian
    JJJmJJJ said:

ItsDamien said:

JJJmJJJ said:

JJJmJJJ said:

I'm not sure if you are aware of this, but if they do that, they have to do that for everyone. They can set the tier, but they can't set the tier arbitrarily for every country or region separately. There's no facility to do this. There are some special case exceptions, but they don't apply to all purchases in general and Apple can remove a developer from the program for abusing these exceptions. Basically, you're asking a company that sells globally to lower their prices everywhere, because the purchasing power of the Euro has gone down.

Do you expect everyone else in the world to do this, or just Kabam?
  • CoppinCoppin Posts: 2,601 ★★★★★
    JJJmJJJ said:

Losing paying customers will be worse, but this is also something we will discover ... in the meantime Epichames CEO has already taken a position on that
    A brand new Mercedes-Benz in the US costs a lot more than one in Germany... Should they lower the price so Americans can drive Mercedes?
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,552 Guardian
    Coppin said:

JJJmJJJ said:

A brand new Mercedes-Benz in the US costs a lot more than one in Germany... Should they lower the price so Americans can drive Mercedes?
    When I was in high school a teacher of mine during the summer break flew to Germany, bought a Mercedes, had it shipped home, spend three weeks on vacation there, and returned home and waited for the car. All of this cost less than buying the car here at the time.
  • FrankWhiteFrankWhite Posts: 177 ★★
    JJJmJJJ said:

Technical you can use an old android device to buy deals. I don‘t think you get banned for that
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,221 ★★★★★
    Exchange rate. Not Kabam's fault.

Probably look towards your govt?
  • AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★
    Coppin said:

JJJmJJJ said:

JJJmJJJ said:

So a company in Canada has to adjust to the taxes and conversion rates of europe... Interesting
    Globalisation amirite
  • K00shMaanK00shMaan Posts: 1,289 ★★★★
    You are aware that the Euro is at it's lowest value compared to USD in about 20 years and compared to CAD in about 10 years i.e. the entire history of this game for both. It's not Kabam's fault that they are just trying to charge everyone equally and maybe had to adjust the price when paying with Euros
  • SnurrisSnurris Posts: 428 ★★★
    xNig said:

Exchange rate. Not Kabam's fault.

Probably look towards your govt?

In my country the dollar has strengthen 10% but the Price of an Odin has increased 27%.
    Plus the fact that not all the deals have gone up, some unit offers are still the same. If it’s just exchange rate then why don’t all increase equal?
  • It’s not just this game, it’s world wide, well I suppose region wide, but there’s about 8/9 currencies that got price hikes. Don’t forget that in 2016/7 or so GBP prices went up 20% because of the uncertainty around brexit, they’ve slowly dropped over time so there is hope.