Options

Battlegrounds Modders are more common than you think.

So the combat log has been a great addition to battlegrounds. It's becoming common knowledge that you can easily use it to detect mod usage by determining whether things add up. Now you don't have to wonder if someone is cheating, because the log shows you with a reasonable level of certainty.

Now that a brighter light shines on mod usage, its bleak reality is visible as well. All the people that you thought had a slight chance of using a mod.... probably were. Some of the people you would never expect... may have been too. Maybe I'm naïve, but I have been shocked by the percentage of mod users. It's is a VERY fun game mode, but I have to agree that it just isn't playable from a competitive standpoint currently. Please fix it, we just want to play BGs. Thanks

Comments

• Options
    Etm34Etm34 Posts: 1,644 ★★★★★
    edited October 2022
    I’m in Diamond 1 and have yet to run into a single modder. Actually never did in the beta either.

Not disagreeing that there are some, but I don’t think it’s near as much as you’re making it out to be
  • Options
    FiiNCHFiiNCH Posts: 1,664 ★★★★★
    Etm34 said:

Forumname said:

Etm34 said:

I’m in Diamond 1 and have yet to run into a single modder. Actually never did in the beta either.

Not disagreeing that there are some, but I don’t think it’s near as much as you’re making it out to be

This is very likely a case of you not being able to identify who is modding, as it is highly improbable statistically. However, based on the near impossibility that you haven’t, then it’s because your rank is too low and they are more common at higher ranks.
    If I’m facing modders then whatever mod they’re using is atrocious, because they keep losing to me 😂
    You probably have a better roster. If some of the posts on here are anything to go by, that gives you a default win..
  • Options
    FiiNCH said:

Etm34 said:

Forumname said:

Etm34 said:

This is very likely a case of you not being able to identify who is modding, as it is highly improbable statistically. However, based on the near impossibility that you haven’t, then it’s because your rank is too low and they are more common at higher ranks.
    If I’m facing modders then whatever mod they’re using is atrocious, because they keep losing to me 😂
    You probably have a better roster. If some of the posts on here are anything to go by, that gives you a default win..
    Yeah I forgot about that part. Even with the massive mod mob against me all I do is place my R4s and get an automatic 55k points
  • Options
    tusharNairtusharNair Posts: 290 ★★
    just implement Device and IP bans, ban VPN use(there would be collateral damage, small scale, so be it for greater good) , have a shame title or profile pic embedded on profiles etc. Not sure how feasible it is for MCOC to do it though.
  • Options
    SkyLord7000SkyLord7000 Posts: 3,999 ★★★★★
    I played a match in silver a couple weeks ago. They other player left and I lost 😐
  • Options
    K00shMaanK00shMaan Posts: 1,289 ★★★★
    Etm34 said:

This has basically been my experience as well. In Betas, I had one obvious match against a modder but no other matches has it been clear. Now I did see the BeroMan video and can see that modders are trying much harder to be sneaky about it and aren't going out to get insta kills. It's much more difficult to notice if the modder isn't actually putting up an impossible score and only modding to guarantee a strong but more "realistic" score, ~55K.
  • Options
    Graves_3Graves_3 Posts: 1,332 ★★★★★
    Etm34 said:

Forumname said:

Etm34 said:

They are not as obvious as you think. Attached is a picture for reference. The person was using suicides and took 31 seconds to beat the defender and finished the fight at 100% health. Do you think it’s possible to finish at 100% health?
  • Options
    Graves_3 said:

Etm34 said:

Forumname said:

Etm34 said:

They are not as obvious as you think. Attached is a picture for reference. The person was using suicides and took 31 seconds to beat the defender and finished the fight at 100% health. Do you think it’s possible to finish at 100% health?
    I’m not disagreeing that there are modders out there, I just said I haven’t faced any and it’s not as common as OP is making it out to be.
  • Options

I’m not disagreeing that there are modders out there, I just said I haven’t faced any and it’s not as common as OP is making it out to be.

The reason you have so many disagrees is because: 1. As people on this topic have stated, you don't understand how to identify a modder. 2. It's irresponsible and harmful to the community for you to state that something doesn't exist, because you're poor at identifying it.

I'm starting to wonder if maybe you're a modder, and trying to down play the prevalence, because that makes a lot more sense than arguing with 10 people who say they are, in fact, that common.

I just played 4 modders in a row in Vibranium. I have ave screenshots/combat logs to prove it. If you can't read the combat logs, post some of your matches where the opponents had a very high score, and someone on the forum will gladly show you how to identify them.

My post to this disappeared. No idea how. Anyways…

1. disagrees are common whenever you say something that doesn’t fit the narrative of the mass Anti-Kabam crowd. It’s been that way for years.
    2. Literally 1 other commenter said something, 1 commenter agreed with me, so yeah
    3. I never said they don’t exist, just that they’re not as common as you’re making them out to be. Hundreds of thousands of BG players and you’re acting like 1/5 is a modder, which is nowhere near the case.
    4. It’s irresponsible and harmful of you to accuse me of modding because you’re overstating the problem, and can’t properly read everything I’ve written.

Going around screaming everyone is a modder is much more harmful to the community than a single word I’ve stated. But go and continue on
  • Options
    RevileRevile Posts: 17
    edited October 2022

1. disagrees are common whenever you say something that doesn’t fit the narrative of the mass Anti-Kabam crowd. It’s been that way for years.
    2. Literally 1 other commenter said something, 1 commenter agreed with me, so yeah
    3. I never said they don’t exist, just that they’re not as common as you’re making them out to be. Hundreds of thousands of BG players and you’re acting like 1/5 is a modder, which is nowhere near the case.
    4. It’s irresponsible and harmful of you to accuse me of modding because you’re overstating the problem, and can’t properly read everything I’ve written.

Going around screaming everyone is a modder is much more harmful to the community than a single word I’ve stated. But go and continue on

Sorry, none of your numerical points are true. They just aren't founded in logic, and are arguing semantics instead of the material of the post. What possible foreseeable harm could come from stating that there are more modders? It's no conspiracy, what you're saying just doesn't make sense...which is why you have so many disagrees. Why don't you go ahead and explain to us exactly how one goes about identifying a modder using the combat log, because the more you talk, the more it seems they are right about you not being able to discern a modder from a regular opponent.

• Options
    KienRack123KienRack123 Posts: 19
    It’s the deceitful contest of champions
  • Options
    There’s no they, it’s just you. The harm is having the forum think every match is a modder because you act as if they’re more common than normal matchups. So anything that doesn’t fit players’ perceptions just gets reported and puts accounts at risk despite being completely legitimate.

And you continue to ignore that I’ve consistently stated I’m aware of the modders, I just don’t believe they’re at the extent you’re making it out to be.

But I’m going to exit this thread now. You have what you want to push, I disagree with the extent of the problem based on my personal experience in the mode, and we’re not gonna agree.
  • Options
    BeeweeBeewee Posts: 538 ★★★★
    This game mode will never be competitive outside of private tournaments with the amount of modders that run wild. Something needs to happen or kabam will be in an endless loop of piloted and modded accounts sitting at the top