**May 8th - HOT FIX INCOMING**
Hey Summoners,
A Hot Fix will be pushed to all stores shortly. This will address a bug causing crashes on some iOS devices. Please keep an eye out and update when you're able.
Thank you!
Options

Do you still rank up 5*s to r5?

2»

Comments

• Options
    ChikelChikel Posts: 2,060 ★★★★
    Yes (TB)
    For some really useful champs especially if they need high sig. Last ones were Tigra and Nimrod. OR will be going up once he's max sig. Doom, Black Cat, Hulking and Omega Sentinel will definitely be ranked if I pull the 5* first. Can't think of any other options
  • Options
    CoppinCoppin Posts: 2,601 ★★★★★
    No (Paragon)
    I use 5* shards as my iso/gold bank same as 4 and pch...
  • Options
    Wakandas_FinestWakandas_Finest Posts: 828 ★★★★
    No (TB)
    SuelGames said:

Yep, specially new champs i get on featured. My 6* aint deep enough to waste res on mid tier champs.

I do have a lot of 6* since im 3.3m rating, but i pull too much garbage

I used to agree with this but the difference in health pools, attack rating and the adrenaline mechanic makes even mid r2 6*s better than most max r5 5*s
  • Options
    ninexhelixninexhelix Posts: 136
    Yes (Paragon)
    Prefer to do it with gems if I have them, but will use cats if needed, and if I need the champ for a specific thing and don't have or can't use a 6 star version. Like taking quicksilver and hulkling up for EoP, I don't have either as 6s. Depending on how ascension looks when it eventually rolls out on 5 stars I may consider this even more for newer champs I've yet to pull as 6s.
  • Options
    iDestroyerZiDestroyerZ Posts: 673 ★★★★
    Yes (TB)
    If i get hercules or wong, automatically they will go to r5
  • Options
    LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,639 ★★★★★
    Yes (Paragon)
    I clicked "yes" because there was no middle option. I hardly ever rank 5*s but I occasionally do for specific reasons. The last two I ranked were Moleman and Hercules. I ranked Moleman because he was useful on some act 7 paths and I don't have him as a 6*. I ranked Hercules even though I have a max sig r4 6* because the 5* is useful in AQ and I can use him instead of another champ I may want for something else. I don't have any plans to rank a 5* currently.
  • Options
    Gogeta91199Gogeta91199 Posts: 990 ★★★★
    >
    TeeBleezy said:

After holding out for a long time, I finally ranked up my 5* Symbiote Supreme . He was always one of my favorite mystics. A week later, I pulled him as a 6* and vowed never to spend resources on another 5*.

Then, on a whim, I pulled a 5* Scorpion from the 5* featured crystal. I took him right up to r5 and never looked back.

Been there😂 i ranked apoc upto r5 during act 7.4 exploration exploration and pulled a 6* from exploration rewards😂
  • Options
    StarSmasher2001StarSmasher2001 Posts: 230 ★★
    Yes (TB)
    Unless I have a 6*, most of the time the 5* version will work good enough for what I need.
  • Options
    Nalak8Nalak8 Posts: 387 ★★★
    No (Paragon)
    I take them to r4 and wait for a 6*.
  • Options
    No (Paragon)
    Nope, I’m tempted to R5 SW for fun as she’s already R4 and sig200 but that’s not a priority. Same with Kitty, could do with her on my roster but an R5 is a bit shaky in war
  • Options
    Mauled said:

Nope, I’m tempted to R5 SW for fun as she’s already R4 and sig200 but that’s not a priority. Same with Kitty, could do with her on my roster but an R5 is a bit shaky in war

You should definitely r5 SW! With QS she slaps so hard! I just r5ed her a couple of months ago and grinded the arena to get a 4* QS, now they are my everyday AQ team and SW clears the fight with one sp2(200k -350k sp) easily!
  • Options
    ILLUSION8ILLUSION8 Posts: 243
    No (TB)
    this is very dependent on the champ. in general the answer is no. but if the champ is super dependent on high sig or they are sufficient quality to make having multiple version worthwhile, then i consider it
  • Options
    SHIELD4AGENTSHIELD4AGENT Posts: 915 ★★★★
    Yes (TB)
    I r5 my favorite ones even if I have them as a 6*, so while using the 6* version in war or aq I'm also using the 5* for questing,.
  • Options
    ErcarretErcarret Posts: 2,783 ★★★★★
    No (Paragon)
    It's possible that I would rank up a 5* champion if someone I really liked wasn't available as a 6* (I'd probably rank up Wolverine in a heartbeat if I ever pulled him, for example), but it's been ages since I did that.
  • Options
    LanguLangu Posts: 63
    No (TB)
    Nope, because of my gold issues....
  • Options
    Ercarret said:

It's possible that I would rank up a 5* champion if someone I really liked wasn't available as a 6* (I'd probably rank up Wolverine in a heartbeat if I ever pulled him, for example), but it's been ages since I did that.

Yup waiting for him too
  • Options
    Brad366Brad366 Posts: 55
    No (Paragon)
    The caveat is I will probably rank up some to do carina challenges
  • Options
    MᗅՏᗅCREMᗅՏᗅCRE Posts: 162 ★★
    No (Paragon)
    Unless I get 5 star scorpion before the 6 star
  • Options
    KerneasKerneas Posts: 3,750 ★★★★★
    Yes (TB)
    I rankup champs who need really high sig, because I don't have 200 6* sigs laying around.