**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Day of the Deadpool [Master Thread]

Comments

• Options
    BowTieJohnBowTieJohn Posts: 2,360 ★★★★
    Sad to know they could turn this around by simply providing a milestone themed objective that people could obtain Red Deadpool and gold where you could get Red Deadpool 1* - 5* at appropriate milestones, but it won't happen.

I do hope my post doesn't age well and this becomes a reality, but just know sadly that won't be the case.
  • Options
    GTRloverGTRlover Posts: 9
    Day of the deadpool unit bundles are a complete waste of money. Nothing good with any of the unit offers smh. Pure trash.
  • Options
    SquirrelguySquirrelguy Posts: 2,638 ★★★★★
    edited October 2022

They merged the threads and in doing so destroyed/hid my poll that started the thread. Kabam shady once again!

Why did the mods change the name of this thread after naming it "Merged: Complaints about Day of the Deadpool offers"... they can't even let us be mad fairly?

In this case, I will defend Kabam because this just isn't true. Many of the "merged threads" were added to my existing thread that I started when the initial announcement came out, and that many people were already commenting on. Not shady, but actually a nice move to declutter forums when something has this big of a reaction.
    I wasn't asking why they merged the threads.. they always do that on big issues... I was asking why they first named the merged thread "Merged: Complaints about Day of the Deadpool offers"... then changed it for what appears to be PR purposes.. that's my conjecture on why, but they 100% changed the name of the thread post merger
    That is how they merge threads, they take other posts (eg. one named "Complaints about Day of the Deadpool offers") and then add the Merged: tag to then as they move it over to the main post (eg. my original post), then that post is quickly deleted. My post was always named Day of the Deadpool, they simply added [Merged Thread] to my title.
  • Options
    HantotHantot Posts: 14
    Just had a deadpool milestone event unlock pop up in game after arena fight, can’t see anything related to this though
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,254 ★★★★★
    Hantot said:

Just had a deadpool milestone event unlock pop up in game after arena fight, can’t see anything related to this though

The Piggy Bank.
  • Options
    BazzingaaaBazzingaaa Posts: 357 ★★★

The way I'm thinking, this event didn't have to happen. But it's something for nothing.
    As uncollected I can get 1 tier 5 basic + 10 tier 1 alpha for 500 units. That's a good deal for me so I got them and I can rank 5 Tigra or Domino, I'm undecided which just yet.
    The actual Deadpool event is a bit of a let down, but all I have to do is win 1 fight for 1m gold. That's good.
    On the down side I would have liked the chance to win a 5* or 6* champ, but you can't have it all lolz

this logic always bothers me... technically no offers "have" to be made.. no events "have" to take place... so what? To keep a mobile game going the devs need to keep the community engaged. One of the biggest ways they keep us engaged is events and offers. The day of the deadpool was meant to bring good faith to the community and made almost everyone universally happy... to take 3 steps back with something they originally did for good will isn't something to spin as "they didn't have to do anything".. I bet many would suggest they SHOULDN'T have done anything if they couldn't mirror what was already done in the past.
    I just try to look at the positives rather than the negatives, it's good for mental health.
    while I agree on the sentiment.. believing everything in life is a gift is how you get walked all over brother. You don't have to be cynical to think something was done wrong or in bad faith.
    Dont get me wrong, I totally understand the backlash.
    If Kabam announced the offers would be unit based instead of gold it would have helped. Good communication is key.
  • Options
    Suros_moonSuros_moon Posts: 454 ★★★

You guys really can’t read. Day of the Deadpool is a 7 day event with more to come. Today is just day one, and you’re already all up in Kabam’s face. Give it a break. There still may be some special events coming later this week.

So what everyone is complaining about is the lack of gold offers. Are you willing to put money on them returning? Ill gladly take that bet but something tells me you wouldnt
  • Options

The way I'm thinking, this event didn't have to happen. But it's something for nothing.
    As uncollected I can get 1 tier 5 basic + 10 tier 1 alpha for 500 units. That's a good deal for me so I got them and I can rank 5 Tigra or Domino, I'm undecided which just yet.
    The actual Deadpool event is a bit of a let down, but all I have to do is win 1 fight for 1m gold. That's good.
    On the down side I would have liked the chance to win a 5* or 6* champ, but you can't have it all lolz

this logic always bothers me... technically no offers "have" to be made.. no events "have" to take place... so what? To keep a mobile game going the devs need to keep the community engaged. One of the biggest ways they keep us engaged is events and offers. The day of the deadpool was meant to bring good faith to the community and made almost everyone universally happy... to take 3 steps back with something they originally did for good will isn't something to spin as "they didn't have to do anything".. I bet many would suggest they SHOULDN'T have done anything if they couldn't mirror what was already done in the past.
    I just try to look at the positives rather than the negatives, it's good for mental health.
    while I agree on the sentiment.. believing everything in life is a gift is how you get walked all over brother. You don't have to be cynical to think something was done wrong or in bad faith.
    If Kabam announced the offers would be unit based instead of gold it would have helped. Good communication is key.
    They already confirmed there would be no Gold Offers.
  • Options
    Ken1378Ken1378 Posts: 279 ★★★
    Very disappointing event. Nothing particularly interesting at all.
  • Options
    13579rebel_13579rebel_ Posts: 2,411 ★★★★★
    My disappointment is immeasurable and my month is ruined
  • Options

*Unless Thrillson was being flippant. No idea on that one.
  • Options
    Zamolxes91Zamolxes91 Posts: 4
    Thank you Kabam for this “Day of the DeadPoop “
    I spend some good money on this game … most because I want to awake my R4 Hercules. I saw that last year there was an awakening gem for TB and I put all my hope that probably this year will be same …. As you probably know not all of us are Paragon and even if the bundles are over pricy probably I would buy it only because of that Gem … however I am really disappointed and probably I am not the only one … but here we go again where Kabam only thinks about their pockets and less of community!

PS: where is the 123 units offer for TB , asking for a friend ?

Best regards!
  • Options
    HantotHantot Posts: 14
    Hantot said:

Just another units offer in the store!

• Options
    PSYKEOPPSYKEOP Posts: 12
    the event is a joke, kabam as usual trying to profit at any cost, everyone waiting for the event for gold like last year and what we get is a crude event for units with nothing interesting
  • Options
    AxewAxew Posts: 622 ★★★★
    They could at least respond to player concerns about the event or give a reason as to the obviously unpopular changes to the event.
  • Options

No.. they had a known troll account make a sarcastic comment that was replied to by an actual mod account with confusion.
    That's a pretty jaded perspective for a fun response.
  • Options
    El_Chunitis01El_Chunitis01 Posts: 12
    anyone else noticed that Odin is no more 99€ but 119?? was idiot thinking to maybe take one odin and get 6* aw gem... but after being disappointed for 277383 time by kabam and their treatment of their customers, when i saw new price of odin got smile on mine face actually... no more spending for me. not even on 4th july or cyber monday....
  • Options

No.. they had a known troll account make a sarcastic comment that was replied to by an actual mod account with confusion.
    That's a pretty jaded perspective for a fun response.
    It wasn't jaded at all lol.. it's what literally happened
    No, what happened was the Forum Account associated with Deadpool Events, which is known to be colorful, responded to the question. There's a difference between being upset about an outcome, and being cynical.