**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

If there was gonna be no Gold Deals 2022, what could have Kabam done instead to avoid this fiasco?

ValrozValroz Posts: 185 ★★
edited October 2022 in Suggestions and Requests
For me, they could have at least thought of something like a "Gold Store" where you can spend your goals on something useful for your progression level. It doesn't have to be anything close to what we would have gotten from gold deals (like the 6* Nexus crystal) but even T5B shards for xAmount of gold would have lessened the tremendous fiasco resulting from this completely lackluster event.
Post edited by Kabam Porthos on

Comments

• Options
    CoppinCoppin Posts: 2,601 ★★★★★
    A quest, with an entry fee of 1 mill gold for items... Max 3-5 entries
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,053 ★★★★★
    Tijjy007 said:

could have had an actual non troll admin tell us exactly that it wasn't going to happen. IN FACT we still haven't been told by a certified admin its not happening. They continue to remain silent.

Thrillerson is one of the mods or game team.
  • Options
    TyEdge said:

Tijjy007 said:

could have had an actual non troll admin tell us exactly that it wasn't going to happen. IN FACT we still haven't been told by a certified admin its not happening. They continue to remain silent.

Thrillerson is one of the mods or game team.
    …posting in character as Deadpool. Not communicating as a regular person. That’s what they’re getting at.
    But still communicated...
  • Options
    Real_Madrid_76_2Real_Madrid_76_2 Posts: 3,325 ★★★★★
    Even Jax got us...
  • Options
    Tijjy007Tijjy007 Posts: 313 ★★★

Even Jax got us...

What do u mean?
  • Options

Tell us outright a month ago the event wasn't returning. Not using a joke post from a non comedy mod account.
    Give us something better for Halloween events too while you are at it.

I'm pretty sure kabam has said multiple times over this year to not expect gold deals to return. It is on the players for making an assumption that a one time thing would return.
  • Options
    Real_Madrid_76_2Real_Madrid_76_2 Posts: 3,325 ★★★★★
    Pikolu said:

Tell us outright a month ago the event wasn't returning. Not using a joke post from a non comedy mod account.
    Give us something better for Halloween events too while you are at it.

I'm pretty sure kabam has said multiple times over this year to not expect gold deals to return. It is on the players for making an assumption that a one time thing would return.
    Nope. They actually confirmed the return of gold trade events this year itself. Dont exactly remember the proof post though
  • Options
    Rohit_316Rohit_316 Posts: 3,386 ★★★★★
    I am actually stunned . Really am . People wanted the gold offers back and how shamelessly nothing was offered and instead made it from units. Such a shame . How can we ever trust upcoming old events now ? What's next now ? Removing unit deals from cyber and July 4th and making it all from money ? Yeah do that too , game's economy gonna crash real bad from this day onwards. Disappointment at its peak
  • Options
    xNigxNig Posts: 7,251 ★★★★★
    They could come out and announce that there was no gold event this year… oh wait..
  • Options
    Mr_PlatypusMr_Platypus Posts: 2,779 ★★★★★
    The post in character as deadpool is fine, honestly if you read that and genuinely thought that the gold deals were still coming, that’s on you.
    What they could’ve done is not said they were “trying something new” within the post. As the set up of this event is not new at all.
  • Options
    Ackbar67Ackbar67 Posts: 401 ★★★
    The mods confirmed in August that there were no plans for the gold event to return

• Options
    Rohit_316Rohit_316 Posts: 3,386 ★★★★★
    Ackbar67 said:

The mods confirmed in August that there were no plans for the gold event to return

This was a probability ... not a confirmation.
  • Options
    AMS94AMS94 Posts: 1,776 ★★★★★
    edited October 2022
    My question is....if the deals weren't actually supposed to return, why did we have those Gold offers just a few weeks back where summoners could "buy" 20 million Gold ???
    I have been playing the game for about 5 years now
    I don't remember so much Gold ever being on sale
  • Options
    edited October 2022
    AMS94 said:

My question is....if the deals weren't actually supposed to return, why did we have those Gold offers just a few weeks back where summoners could "buy" 20 million Gold ???
    I have been playing the game for about 5 years now
    I don't remember so much Gold ever being on sale

It was a million gold for $9.99 and there were 2 separate offers that came out within a couple of months of each other.

Maybe, and it's a long shot for this connection to be accurate, they were offered because there are "gold shortage" threads every other day. Just a hunch but very doubtful a gold offer isn't tied to people saying they're always short of gold.

I'm sure your consp.... Er... Idea is more accurate.
  • Options
    RapRap Posts: 3,194 ★★★★
    Use their words! Correct wrong assumptions immediately instead of wait till the event drops.
    This is on the community! As much as i hate to give kabam anything, they never said there was going to be an "items for gold offer," they said "Gold offers" and there is gold with every offer. That was what they meant but they let us believe they meant gold for items, not gold itself in the offers.
    When I first saw all the scuttle butt about a repeat of last year? I had serious doubts that we had fully understood the announcement and i never believed there were going to be "gold for items" offers.
    The gold for items offer last year was for a very specific purpose, to push as mant of us to thronebreaker as possible so they could anmounce 7 * as soon as possible (already being a year behind the orginal 7* time line) it was a one off to push us to a level we might spend and to prep for 7s.
    They do not care about free to play players,
    And gold for items is a pro free to play event more than any other before or since.
    It will not come back until it is useful to them like it was last time.
    We have been manipulated by being allowed to run with the idea while they figured out how to untangle it with thrillson.
    We are a bunch of suckers to them.
  • Options
    edited October 2022
    Rap said:

Use their words! Correct wrong assumptions immediately instead of wait till the event drops.
    This is on the community! As much as i hate to give kabam anything, they never said there was going to be an "items for gold offer," they said "Gold offers" and there is gold with every offer. That was what they meant but they let us believe they meant gold for items, not gold itself in the offers.
    When I first saw all the scuttle butt about a repeat of last year? I had serious doubts that we had fully understood the announcement and i never believed there were going to be "gold for items" offers.
    The gold for items offer last year was for a very specific purpose, to push as mant of us to thronebreaker as possible so they could anmounce 7 * as soon as possible (already being a year behind the orginal 7* time line) it was a one off to push us to a level we might spend and to prep for 7s.
    And gold for items is a pro free to play event more than any other before or since.
    We have been manipulated by being allowed to run with the idea while they figured out how to untangle it with thrillson.

In the name of our Lord and Savior Silver Centurion, please explain how more thronebreaker summoners means they can announce 7*'s sooner. I need to hear this, not because it would do any good or make any of it actually true but this sounds better than an episode of Ancient Aliens on history channel.
  • Options
    CoppinCoppin Posts: 2,601 ★★★★★

Rap said:

In the name of our Lord and Savior Silver Centurion, please explain how more thronebreaker summoners means they can announce 7*'s sooner. I need to hear this, not because it would do any good or make any of it actually true but this sounds better than an episode of Ancient Aliens on history channel.
    Maybe he didnt write his thoughts clearly, but the essence of his post is right... They needed to push as many Thronebreakers as possible to then start selling Paragon mats...
  • Options
    RapRap Posts: 3,194 ★★★★
    How was it to push? You need an r3 6 to become thronebreaker and many players, like me playing for free, were able to buy ourselves exactly one r3 with gold.
    What has that to do with 7s?
    When you have less than half the players in the game without any r3 6* and you introduce 7s? You risk a mass exodus. And they were intended to be released a year ago based on the first, and one of the few times kabam ever mentioned 7s officially (other than their shills testing the waters).
    So now you know. For what it is worth to either of us.