**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Day of the Deadpool [Master Thread]

Comments

• Wozzle007Wozzle007 Posts: 936 ★★★★★
    edited October 2022
    Jeal79 said:

Kabam returning to work on Monday with the gold offers they forgot to drop on Friday...

But this means we’re living in the darkest timeline!!! who rolled a 1!!! Love Community.
  • Standardman1989Standardman1989 Posts: 536 ★★★

Elwind said:

35k+ view and 450+ comment but still no reply from any moderators.
    This explains the importance given to the players...

It's the weekend. Miike and Jax aren't around. Plus what's there to answer that wasn't already said? This thread isn't anything but some crybabies thinking they were told something they weren't.
    😂😂 Unfortunately no, they were not mistaken😫
    edited October 2022

Elwind said:

It's the weekend. Miike and Jax aren't around. Plus what's there to answer that wasn't already said? This thread isn't anything but some crybabies thinking they were told something they weren't.
    Calling hundreds of your fellow fourm's users a crybabies isn't very gentle from you man, but if it was someone else he would've been muted for it for sure...
    Hundreds? There's like 7 or 8 that have kept the thread going saying the same thing over and over. That's who I'm referring to.

I'm perfectly fine if I get warned or muted for the term crybaby but at the same time, anyone who calls someone who has a differing opinion a Kabam employee, shill, white knight, alt mod account or the new this @Tenukering is trying to make stick, cyber trooper, should also get the same treatment.

For reference, I was hoping for the offers for gold as well. They didn't have it so I moved on but I'm not pretending like Kabam promised it to us ever. I think last year's event was great and should be a thing annually but I don't make the rules.

Elwind said:

Calling hundreds of your fellow fourm's users a crybabies isn't very gentle from you man, but if it was someone else he would've been muted for it for sure...
    Hundreds? There's like 7 or 8 that have kept the thread going saying the same thing over and over. That's who I'm referring to.

I'm perfectly fine if I get warned or muted for the term crybaby but at the same time, anyone who calls someone who has a differing opinion a Kabam employee, shill, white knight, alt mod account or the new this @Tenukering is trying to make stick, cyber trooper, should also get the same treatment.

For reference, I was hoping for the offers for gold as well. They didn't have it so I moved on but I'm not pretending like Kabam promised it to us ever. I think last year's event was great and should be a thing annually but I don't make the rules.
    Ok
  • TruthseekerTruthseeker Posts: 333 ★★
    Comment on my post about TRADE-IN STORE

Ugnaut said:

Demongas is an anti-community shill and always has been, always backing up Kabam. I wouldn’t be surprised if he was on there payroll.

*Their

I'm not anti-community. I'm against the idea that the community always thinks they know better or think they're owed a great debt because they play the game.

I'm against how people act because something doesn't go the way THEY would prefer or how people think a game should be fixed with the touch of a button because they can't comprehend how programming works.

I'm against the fake threats of "not spending" because they think a company will automatically retract and bend to a consumers will.

I'm against fake boycotts everytime there's a change made.

I'm against people like you who want to insult people like me because I have a different viewpoint. Your comment will be celebrated and people will be on your side but if I use the word crybaby, people ask why am I not muted.

Again, it's *their*.
    Everybody is boycotting LACK OF RESPONCE even if the responce says the event will not come back.
    ,,players think they are owed a great debt because they play game." HELL YEAH WE DO!!!!!!!! Are we owed free gifts? No. Are we owed a fast and informative communication? HELL YEAH!!!!
    You not thinking we are owed communication is the problem we are being opressed. You probably think the goverment doesnt owe their citizens as well... weak weak mentality and 0 awarness of self worth and power of community
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,013 ★★★★★

Ugnaut said:

Demongas is an anti-community shill and always has been, always backing up Kabam. I wouldn’t be surprised if he was on there payroll.

*Their

I'm not anti-community. I'm against the idea that the community always thinks they know better or think they're owed a great debt because they play the game.

I'm against how people act because something doesn't go the way THEY would prefer or how people think a game should be fixed with the touch of a button because they can't comprehend how programming works.

I'm against the fake threats of "not spending" because they think a company will automatically retract and bend to a consumers will.

I'm against people like you who want to insult people like me because I have a different viewpoint. Your comment will be celebrated and people will be on your side but if I use the word crybaby, people ask why am I not muted.

Again, it's *their*.

Kabam is a developer, not a corporation.

Ugnaut said:

*Their

Again, it's *their*.

Kabam is a developer, not a corporation.
    You win a job for Kabam 👍
    Super original.
  • Jay1642Jay1642 Posts: 7
    What is everyone at in the Deadpool event I have 1200 point
  • Toj37Toj37 Posts: 68
    Jay1642 said:

Jay1642 said:

1200 wow .. im not spender im at 170 😂
  • SquirrelguySquirrelguy Posts: 2,631 ★★★★★
    Jay1642 said:

Lol how many units you use so far? And how many Redpools do you have?
    Skiddy212 said:

Skiddy212 said:

DNA3000 said:

DrZola said:

DNA3000 said:

SCP1504 said:

Think about it, would this outrage be happening right now if they announced there would be no gold deals a week ago properly through Jax or Miike like any other announcment?
    sure people would be upset but not this degree

Jax in fact tried to warn us back in August: https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/comment/2145409/#Comment_2145409

And I also tried to warn players when the Thrillson post was made, because I was 100% certain what it meant: https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/comment/2172531/#Comment_2172531

The fact is, Kabam employees do not individually have the authority to release information prior to official announcements. There are people in charge of this stuff that incorporate marketing, and other factors into that. You can say "Kabam should have" but there's no person named Kabam. Kabam is a company. Kabam doesn't do anything. Individual employees do things. We say Kabam does things as a colloquialism, with the understanding that it is actually different people with different responsibilities and different speheres of authority, no one of which can necessarily do the things we think Kabam can collectively do. Mods have bosses, developers have bosses, and their bosses have bosses. And in every corporation, there are rules governing how information is released. You're not going to just demand more information from a company and have all the people working there decide to accommodate you.

Jax tried to warn us in August. Someone at Kabam used the Thrillson account to warn us again. Players like me were also warning. If that's not enough, if you need more, well, you aren't going to get it. You're not going to get 100% advance warning of everything. You'll sometimes get some warning. You'll get hints, and clues, and deductions. But Kabam is not going to open its marketing books for you to read. Nobody does that. Some stuff we're only going to officially know when it officially happens.

It is not like this is unique to Kabam. I've been playing online games since forever. I've had relationships with multiple developers and dev teams. Some of this stuff, not even the developers have any control over, because these decisions are not developer decisions. They are business decisions. And business decisions are made by business people who assume that many decisions they make will be loved, and many will be hated. Here's some inside ball that you can choose to believe, or not. You know what will happen to all this feedback? When it gets to the people who make these decisions, and they are told that this gold event not returning and not being actively announced as not returning far in advance caused player commotion? Its not going to tell them "oh, well, I guess we will have to change the way we run our business, what a revelation." It will be to tell the content developers "don't ever make such an event ever again that players fall in love with to the point where we lose control over our ability to decide whether to repeat it."

People like to toss out the "Business 101" term while knowing nothing about how businesses are actually run. This is how businesses are actually run. This is not a guess, this is not just my wild speculation. This is me saying if you ask me to make this bet with real cash with a hundred deve teams, I believe I'm going to win that bet in at least 90 of them. And it is me saying I'm aware of such things happening first hand.

Note: whether I have such first hand knowledge here is something I will not say while the game is still in operation. But I've seen it happen elsewhere.

And to the people who enjoy flagging disagree on posts just because they don't like them or the poster, consider this. I'm pretty sure the devs read my posts. If I'm just wrong, well, then won't I look the fool. But if all this is true, and people just knee-jerk flag it, that too will be feedback to them. It will remind them not to discuss topics like this publicly. And it will tell the business people (indirectly, because I doubt *they* read my posts) that the players don't understand their jobs, and thus their feedback on how to do it better is equally suspect.

So fire away. It won't hurt my credibility when I provide feedback. It'll probably reinforce it. The disagree flag is an ironic indicator. It doesn't judge the post. It judges the forums. When a nonsensical or factually incorrect post gets a lot of disagrees, it say the forums are smart enough to judge it so. When a post with factual information gets flagged, it says the opposite thing about the forums. But the content of posts is judged by the reader, not by the flags.
    Agree 100% with the content of your comment. But it’s still a crappy event.

Dr. Zola
    I wouldn’t say it’s not a problematic event. I would say the communication complaints are an albatross.
    An join the debate the kabam mascot has..
    Solid response from who knows they're already outmatched.
    1. Use spell check.
    2. You join every thread and belittle every single person here. Sometimes you have great points, most of the time you are insanely toxic. No one here is outmatched an you are naive if you think the bad handling of this event is nothing to complain of.
    Spellcheck won't catch missing words. Just like you used "an" instead of "and". Also, "complain about" not "of".

Again, as I've already stated in this thread, they should have brought back the gold offers. But not liking the event or not liking a comment from an official personality of the forums (Thrillerson), doesn't mean they handled it badly. It's not like the in-game message explicitly stated there would be offers for gold. The community assumed it and is mad the event didn't have them.