**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Do you plan adding anything new for dealing modders in Next Season?

BeroManBeroMan Posts: 272 ★★★★
edited October 2022 in Suggestions and Requests
Can someone from the Company comment here if you plan to add anything new for dealing modders in the Next Season? Tech or Human resources? or it will be as frustrating as it was in the first season? No matter you ban all modders before season rewards or not it still does not change the fact that they took points from other players so the result cannot be fair no matter what in these circumstances because it is about luck how many times a particular player met them. Also, are you investigating possible manipulations? If some players used mod accounts to give extra points to their main account and same time take points from other players?
Post edited by Kabam Porthos on

Comments

• MiniMFMiniMF Posts: 847 ★★★★
    I agree but the thing is no matter how u deal with these players, they'd always find a new way to mod. It's sad to say to say but if you prevent actual moders and ban them, it'll prob take few weeks til they find a new way to cheat
  • SandeepSSandeepS Posts: 1,158 ★★★★
    Personally I'd like to see a 30/60/90 or permanent ban for the modders. Also a comment to say they will remove them during the season instead of the end, where possible. Where possible because I believe it's difficult to confirm who is cheating.

Knowing it's their priority would put minds at ease.
  • MiniMFMiniMF Posts: 847 ★★★★
    Mauled said:

SandeepS said:

Personally I'd like to see a 30/60/90 or permanent ban for the modders. Also a comment to say they will remove them during the season instead of the end, where possible. Where possible because I believe it's difficult to confirm who is cheating.

Knowing it's their priority would put minds at ease.

I’d certainly like a ban from the game mode as a minimum too.

A refund for all the players who matched modder X too. I realise the points can’t be adjusted as it’ll open up a whole bucket of worms but if I played a modder using marks, I should get 15 marks back, especially as they have a unit cost associated with them.
    That'd be awesome but it'd take so much ressources i assume
  • SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Posts: 4,209 ★★★★★
    I was one of the lucky people who did not face a single modder.
    But then again I performed well in BGs with minimal participation, only doing 2 day objectives and a couple 1-2 extra matches.

But But, I hate modders from the core.
    I don't like seeing them, every game have modders, okay cool. But all games have strong policies against modders.
    Its shameful to see guys running around everywhere with r4s with 200k accounts.

Something serious needs to be done about them in all modes, not just BGs.

People lost their points to modders, the leaderboards are not true even if you take modders out after it ends.

If a dedicated 2 person team can ban 10 modders a day each, there will be 600 modders less every season.
    I have no clue how it could work and I can't comment on how kabam should execute it.
    But I'm sure kabam is well capable of doing things better than our rant comments in forums.

Please grow a spine against modding.
    It's a very negative experience watching them thrive.
  • StenniozaoStenniozao Posts: 9
    Bero... I was going pretty fine growing up on BGs rank. But I just begun facing MANY modders I reported but I really dunno if it was effective and I got tired and stopped trying grow up on ranks. Its pretty sad! Totally agreed with u bro!
  • BeeweeBeewee Posts: 533 ★★★★
    This does need to be addressed. I don’t understand how it’s possible to climb to the top spots if modders are all climbing and fighting for those spots as well. As we saw if they arent addressed. We have a majority of top 10 filled with them.
  • GeneralNappaGeneralNappa Posts: 102
    While there is always going to be modders In competitive modes. It's embarrassing for how little preventative action is being taken.
  • I understand it can be unsettling when you come across another player who you feel may have an unfair advantage in the game.

We're always looking into any possible exploits, and we really appreciate it when players take the time to report anything suspicious that they notice in The Contest.

We're always working on new ways to catch players who cheat, and the systems and tools we use to review account activities are constantly being improved.

If you have concerns that someone may be cheating in The Contest, I recommend reviewing THIS article and reaching out to our Support Team with your concerns. You can contact them by clicking HERE.

An investigation will then be conducted to determine if our Terms of Service have been violated in any way, and if necessary, appropriate actions will be taken to punish the offending player/s. Due to our privacy policy however, we'll be unable to provide you with any details regarding the investigation.
This discussion has been closed.