**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

BG rewards wrong, no cheaters banned

Comments

• Options
    WHOz_R4GEWHOz_R4GE Posts: 239 ★★
    Some additional lol, try again
  • Options
    RebarkRebark Posts: 344 ★★★
    JuroSan said:

Anyway no need to talk about AW now, what is going on in BGs is much worse

I just gave an example, it's not just that there are hackers in BG, what's happening is that the game is infested with hackers in all game modes, BG just made that evident. It's turning into a real clown fiesta
  • Options
    BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    Kabam Jax said:

Hey everyone,

Here with an update from the game team:

We banned and removed many players from the leaderboard last week. Some additional cheaters have since joined the top ranks of the Gladiator's Circuit. Our intention was to clean up the leaderboard again before rewards were paid out, but the system unintentionally ended the season and sent out the rewards before we had a chance. We are exploring options to address this issue.

To add to that: It appears that the process of banning modders is similar to AW; modders/cheaters are banned but we have an issue with showing you all, as they still appear on the leaderboards. We can tell you, but without showing you we know there will always be skepticism; the transparency is where the issue lies.

I know work is continuing on combatting modders/cheaters, both for this season and for the future.

The timeline is uncertain, but we will certainly return with more information as this situation is explored internally.

Hmm, ok this seems promising I suppose? It’s good that there have been bans, I just think that firstly, we would like to see at some point a leaderboard that removes those that have been banned (as you mention in your post) that way we can confirm for ourselves that someone we reported did get banned if it was an obvious cheat, and secondly, rewards going out to those who deserved higher than they got due to modders.

My assumption is that once you’ve done the work you need to do, there’ll be a wave of removals for people who you’ve caught modding. Will they have rewards removed? Will those who placed lower than they should have the difference between their current tier and their deserved tier?

I know these aren’t necessarily questions you can answer right now, just concerns to bear in mind.

Last thing, do you know if there are any plans to tell us who got banned? Usually Kabam refuse to confirm players who are banned, but you saying “we can tell you, but without showing…” to me, hints you may be considering telling us. Or have I got the wrong end of the stick there?
  • Options
    BeeweeBeewee Posts: 533 ★★★★
    I want to say there was an account I glanced over for the top 10 and it was Raymond from TCN. I must’ve skimmed over him but when played against there was definitely no mods at play.
  • Options
    gp87gp87 Posts: 325 ★★★
    Kabam Jax said:

Hey everyone,

Here with an update from the game team:

We banned and removed many players from the leaderboard last week. Some additional cheaters have since joined the top ranks of the Gladiator's Circuit. Our intention was to clean up the leaderboard again before rewards were paid out, but the system unintentionally ended the season and sent out the rewards before we had a chance. We are exploring options to address this issue.

To add to that: It appears that the process of banning modders is similar to AW; modders/cheaters are banned but we have an issue with showing you all, as they still appear on the leaderboards. We can tell you, but without showing you we know there will always be skepticism; the transparency is where the issue lies.

I know work is continuing on combatting modders/cheaters, both for this season and for the future.

The timeline is uncertain, but we will certainly return with more information as this situation is explored internally.

What are you talking about? You send rewards based on a leaderboard is not accurate

• Options
    TyphoonTyphoon Posts: 1,751 ★★★★★

Typhoon said:

Kabam Jax said:

Our intention was to clean up the leaderboard again before rewards were paid out, but the system unintentionally ended the season and sent out the rewards before we had a chance.

I appreciate the response from the game team, but this specific response from them is a bit lame.

It's no secret that the Battlegrounds Season had already been over for a couple days. How long were you planning on waiting before reviewing the results?

I don’t really mind how long it takes them to review and then ban, better to take time and ban more than rush and leave cheaters in.
    I generally don't mind either, but it seems that there wasn't much communication with respect to it in posts about battlegrounds. We had a few different timers going too - the Season timer, the solo rewards timer, the alliance rewards timer.

Original information could have benefited from a simple line saying something to the effect of: "Season rewards will take approximately 1 week to distribute after the season ends to allow sufficient time to vet for cheaters."
  • Options
    BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    Typhoon said:

Typhoon said:

Kabam Jax said:

Our intention was to clean up the leaderboard again before rewards were paid out, but the system unintentionally ended the season and sent out the rewards before we had a chance.

I appreciate the response from the game team, but this specific response from them is a bit lame.

It's no secret that the Battlegrounds Season had already been over for a couple days. How long were you planning on waiting before reviewing the results?

I don’t really mind how long it takes them to review and then ban, better to take time and ban more than rush and leave cheaters in.
    I generally don't mind either, but it seems that there wasn't much communication with respect to it in posts about battlegrounds. We had a few different timers going too - the Season timer, the solo rewards timer, the alliance rewards timer.

Original information could have benefited from a simple line saying something to the effect of: "Season rewards will take approximately 1 week to distribute after the season ends to allow sufficient time to vet for cheaters."
    Yep I agree there, I’m never really gonna argue against more communication!
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,687 Guardian
    Wozzle007 said:

DNA3000 said:

GAV3777 said:

You must show us what accounts were banned and also show us results.
    Same thing with allys who are constantly docked you must kick off the alliance and show us some dignity!
    We're getting older waiting for some of that.
    Thx

The developers cannot do this.

A long while ago I attempted to make this case directly to Kabam. I can't share those communications, but here's what I can say:

1. At the time, I was communicating through Adora. It was that long ago.

2. I was eventually put indirectly in touch with the decision makers for this specific decision.

3. Those decision makers were Kabam's legal staff.

4. The gist of what I was eventually told was that this decision was based on legal reasoning, this decision was final, and if I wanted to argue the point further I would need to come back after I had passed the bar.

The devs hands are tied. The producers hands are tied. Arguably, even the president of the company's hands are tied. No argument will work on any person you can reach via the forums. And even if you could somehow find and discuss this with the lawyers, good luck arguing with a corporate attorney.

We can ask for the cheaters to be removed from leaderboards. We cannot ask for a list of detected cheaters. I mean, we can ask, but the answer will be no. Not because they don't want to do it, but because they are barred from doing it by a directive that has no avenue to be appealed.

Every once in a while I ask about this, just to see if things have changed. As far as I'm aware, things have not changed.

I'm saying this as someone that can, because I'm pretty sure neither the developers nor the moderators themselves are allowed to specify the internals of decision making. In this one case I'm willing to say what I know, because a) I was not told this by the developers in any specific confidence (I'm only respecting the confidentiality of all private conversations I have, be they with other players or Kabam employees), and b) its only lawyers I'm throwing under the bus: Its not like I'm hurting actual people, and c) I already said a version of this long ago when I originally did all of this, but it has been long enough that I think no one remembers anymore.
    They don’t have to give us a list of people Kabam have banned for cheating. The can provide the list at close of the event and then the updated list after Kabam has done cleansing. We are able to see in AW Alliances that mysteriously move down significant number of places on the leaderboard.

If Kabam are saying that can’t do this, well I guess the only real option is it’s time for you to start studying for the Bar exam.
    You are aware that I am replying to someone that asked Kabam to post a list of the people caught cheating, right?