**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Are Variants dead

SandPounderSandPounder Posts: 342 ★★★
We’re coming up on 12 months since V8 was released…. And it’s been a while since we’ve heard any mention of variants from the Devs.

Think we’ll get a V9 by year end 2022?

Comments

• Options
    SandeepSSandeepS Posts: 1,166 ★★★★
    Would have been good if it came out with the rocket buff... speaking if which, still not seen an update on that
  • Options
    GrassKnucklesGrassKnuckles Posts: 1,923 ★★★★★
    Sure seems like they are
  • Options
    StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★
    K00shMaan said:

The next Variant would be the Rocket & Groot Holiday Special so it would make sense that if it comes out, it would be in December. Kabam has made comments that Variants have kinda outlived there purpose in their current state. They are not endgame content and there is enough of them already to allows summoners to progress from an intermediate Uncollected/Cavalier Level to Thronebreaker and beyond. I wouldn't count on many more if any at all unless they're seriously overhauled moving forward.

That's true, but they're still fun, usually. Though I'm not sure I'd want the team to move resources away from end-game content to make more Variants.
  • Options
    FuskieFuskie Posts: 108
    I can't find exactly where it was said at but they did come out and say they basically shelved the Variants for other content that has come out and will come out. I was hoping for a new one also. I will try to find where it was said at though and if I find it I'll post it here.
  • Options
    MrSakuragiMrSakuragi Posts: 3,945 ★★★★★
    Dead, outdated rewards. I have not bothered with them.
  • Options
    SkyLord7000SkyLord7000 Posts: 3,999 ★★★★★

• Options
    Etm34Etm34 Posts: 1,644 ★★★★★
    I’d love to see them come back, but obviously catered to the new meta with appropriate rewards. Would be a fun way to introduce 7* opponents too with the Rocket and Groot special quest being the next one
  • Options
    SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,806 ★★★★★
    Okay so technically the next one is Kamala’s First Day- they skipped the holiday one, otherwise that one would’ve been variant 7
  • Options
    champ9090champ9090 Posts: 38
    I don't really think they're outdated for thronrbreaker/Paragon players per se. I haven't explored them and could still use the 2 to 3 or 4 to 5 gems instead of using t4b when I need the t4b to rank up 6 stars. The amount of gold is also good for the last three.
  • Options
    GamerGamer Posts: 10,188 ★★★★★
    champ9090 said:

I don't really think they're outdated for thronrbreaker/Paragon players per se. I haven't explored them and could still use the 2 to 3 or 4 to 5 gems instead of using t4b when I need the t4b to rank up 6 stars. The amount of gold is also good for the last three.

I’m only doing it for the gold
  • Options
    AMS94AMS94 Posts: 1,776 ★★★★★
    If the rewards to effort ratio is to remain the same as V8, then I truly hope they're dead
    It was fun but grossly unbalanced
  • Options
    SuelGamesSuelGames Posts: 935 ★★★
    edited October 2022
    Only a Greyjoy would defend this, cause "what is dead may never die"
  • Options
    Qwerty12345Qwerty12345 Posts: 766 ★★★
    If we can keep EOP as an enternal process as the name suggests... I'm good letting them die... but we need more regular content than month quest and a very rare chapter to story mode. Rebuffing back issues / adding a third difficulty to old ones and buffing the rewards is one option... something new is another.