**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

BG rewards wrong, no cheaters banned

Comments

• BayouemBayouem Posts: 98
    There absolutely needs stronger deterrents for cheating. There were many paragon accounts modding. That tells me that the penalty for getting caught cheating doesn’t outweigh the rewards.
  • AntsiouAntsiou Posts: 170 ★★
    @DNA3000 you seem to be very much connected to Kabam’s inner structure. I haven’t followed the history of your posts here, so if you have done so already , I hope you can explain again how you know what you know?
    This coming from a place colored by a bit of healthy critical mind and hopeful curiosity. In other words, for people like me, how much stock can I put in your words.
  • MalchaeisMalchaeis Posts: 174 ★★
    So what they need is a better system to detect or catch these cheaters. Complaining about it is fine but doesn't solve anything. Maybe start a discussion on ways to help them out. Somebody out there is bright enough to think of something the devs haven't thought of yet.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,660 Guardian
    Beewee said:

DNA3000 said:

GAV3777 said:

You must show us what accounts were banned and also show us results.
    Same thing with allys who are constantly docked you must kick off the alliance and show us some dignity!
    We're getting older waiting for some of that.
    Thx

The developers cannot do this.

A long while ago I attempted to make this case directly to Kabam. I can't share those communications, but here's what I can say:

1. At the time, I was communicating through Adora. It was that long ago.

2. I was eventually put indirectly in touch with the decision makers for this specific decision.

3. Those decision makers were Kabam's legal staff.

4. The gist of what I was eventually told was that this decision was based on legal reasoning, this decision was final, and if I wanted to argue the point further I would need to come back after I had passed the bar.

The devs hands are tied. The producers hands are tied. Arguably, even the president of the company's hands are tied. No argument will work on any person you can reach via the forums. And even if you could somehow find and discuss this with the lawyers, good luck arguing with a corporate attorney.

We can ask for the cheaters to be removed from leaderboards. We cannot ask for a list of detected cheaters. I mean, we can ask, but the answer will be no. Not because they don't want to do it, but because they are barred from doing it by a directive that has no avenue to be appealed.

Every once in a while I ask about this, just to see if things have changed. As far as I'm aware, things have not changed.

I'm saying this as someone that can, because I'm pretty sure neither the developers nor the moderators themselves are allowed to specify the internals of decision making. In this one case I'm willing to say what I know, because a) I was not told this by the developers in any specific confidence (I'm only respecting the confidentiality of all private conversations I have, be they with other players or Kabam employees), and b) its only lawyers I'm throwing under the bus: Its not like I'm hurting actual people, and c) I already said a version of this long ago when I originally did all of this, but it has been long enough that I think no one remembers anymore.
    I get why cheaters cant be revealed for legal reasons. But I do believe the punishments should be much harsher. Big accounts should not get a slap on the wrist for modding. They should be perma banned
    No argument from me. But not everyone is as merciless as I am.
  • KiptonadeKiptonade Posts: 223 ★★★
    edited October 2022
    I can’t see why they can’t publish an updated leaderboard on the forums. Sure there will be names removed for suspected/alleged cheating but that’s down to the reader to determine. I can’t see any legal barriers that would prevent that. I suspect the real issue is sadly more likely in that Kabam just dont have the technology to stay on top of the cheaters and modders. If giant games development companies like activision and epic games struggle to stay on top of cheaters and modders I fail to see how Kabam is any different. That said I think players also expect too much when it comes to these things. It’s never going to be possible to ban every cheater or modder even with an effective reporting system. The best we can hope for is that they are caught or their numbers significantly reduced when detection methods get stronger and more accurate. I get it’s frustrating playing against a bot or modder but i suspect Kabam is doing all they can to reduce the amount in the game - after all modders don’t spend money and if they do it’s likely fraudulent so will end up costing kabam in the long run. They want rid of them just as much as the rest of us.
  • ValmezValmez Posts: 74
    I had expected the obvious modders and those that manipulate the leader board to get banned permanently and then we could try focus kabam attention towards the more subtle cheaters that still infiltrate the leaderboard, big accounts in the top few hundred that shouldn't be there.

This is extremely disappointing to see, 0 steps taken is seriously just a joke. Delay the rewards by however long is needed.

Seriously deflated from seeing nothing done after the plethora of modders reported via the report button, through members of the CCP and submitting tickets. None of which have done anything.

And to clarify, it's not just the cheap 5 second kill modders that need to be permanently banned, it's others that still sneak in 30 second kills in ways experienced battleground players know it's not possible (even the average battleground player raises eyebrows too). There's guys doing this playing with gigantic accounts in high level alliances that need to be banned permanently to strengthen the integrity of fair play in the pvp space of this game.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,018 ★★★★★

91KiX said:

DNA3000 said:

GAV3777 said:

Same thing with allys who are constantly docked you must kick off the alliance and show us some dignity!
    Thx

A long while ago I attempted to make this case directly to Kabam. I can't share those communications, but here's what I can say:

2. I was eventually put indirectly in touch with the decision makers for this specific decision.

4. The gist of what I was eventually told was that this decision was based on legal reasoning, this decision was final, and if I wanted to argue the point further I would need to come back after I had passed the bar.

The devs hands are tied. The producers hands are tied. Arguably, even the president of the company's hands are tied. No argument will work on any person you can reach via the forums. And even if you could somehow find and discuss this with the lawyers, good luck arguing with a corporate attorney.

We can ask for the cheaters to be removed from leaderboards. We cannot ask for a list of detected cheaters. I mean, we can ask, but the answer will be no. Not because they don't want to do it, but because they are barred from doing it by a directive that has no avenue to be appealed.

Every once in a while I ask about this, just to see if things have changed. As far as I'm aware, things have not changed.

I'm saying this as someone that can, because I'm pretty sure neither the developers nor the moderators themselves are allowed to specify the internals of decision making. In this one case I'm willing to say what I know, because a) I was not told this by the developers in any specific confidence (I'm only respecting the confidentiality of all private conversations I have, be they with other players or Kabam employees), and b) its only lawyers I'm throwing under the bus: Its not like I'm hurting actual people, and c) I already said a version of this long ago when I originally did all of this, but it has been long enough that I think no one remembers anymore.
    Sir, you are forgetting the 2 most important people in relation to kabam that could actually figure this out, in probably no time, yet they are mysteriously absent as of late. I’ll guess I’ll tag them for input.. @Demonzfyre @GroundedWisdom ?? Thanks in advance!!
    DNA is closer to the devs than any of us so whatever he says, I agree with.
    He said that Mr Negative was better than Silver Centurion. Sorry bud.
    Gonna need a source.
  • TheBair123TheBair123 Posts: 5,344 ★★★★★

91KiX said:

DNA3000 said:

GAV3777 said:

Thx

Sir, you are forgetting the 2 most important people in relation to kabam that could actually figure this out, in probably no time, yet they are mysteriously absent as of late. I’ll guess I’ll tag them for input.. @Demonzfyre @GroundedWisdom ?? Thanks in advance!!
    Gonna need a source.

actually, it's ACRISURE now
  • Geronimo3124Geronimo3124 Posts: 30
    We already know you guys dropped the ball with this, so I’m not going to rehash what everyone has said.

The disappointing thing to me is that I made it to gladiator 4 on my main account. Was happy and having a blast.

Next thing I know, 75% of matches were with modders. Sucked all the fun out of the mode.

Ended up dropping into the back half of gladiator 5 and got legit matches half of the time.

By the last meta, I was hanging around gladiator 5&6 and would usually get legit matches.

Why would I want to play this mode when the better I do, the less amount of fun I have?
  • frodo2377frodo2377 Posts: 313 ★★★
    edited October 2022

Gonna need a source.

Source....not sauce. :wink:

91KiX said:

DNA3000 said:

GAV3777 said:

Thx

I can neither confirm nor deny that this guy:

is better than this guy:

Everyone will just have to decide for themselves which one is the superior champion, without any statement from me on the matter.
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

91KiX said:

DNA3000 said:

GAV3777 said:

Thx

is better than this guy:

Everyone will just have to decide for themselves which one is the superior champion, without any statement from me on the matter.
    @Demonzfyre something something sauce?
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    frodo2377 said:

Gonna need a source.

Source....not sauce. :wink:

Boy oh boy silly me 🙃
    Dragoon81 said:

What rubbish. If the International Olympic Committee can publicly ban people for avoiding drug tests then I can't see how "legal" reasons would prevent digital game listing the name of accounts that were removed from leaderboards.

Transparency is the cornerstone of trust.

It is, and there really isn’t any legal reason not to be. There is a financial reason not to be though. Same issue twitter has faced recently with not providing data on what percentage of their user base is bots. When people don’t know the percentage it hurts the company yeah but if we knew how bad it really was and it is in writing. Well facts hurt the companies value more than speculation.
    Keep in mind that I was arguing the opposite side, but one legal distinction here is that Olympic athletes voluntarily place themselves in the public eye by virtue of participating in very public competitions and sign legal contracts acknowledging such. However, players of MCOC do no such thing. The legal protections on anonymous members of the public are different from those surrounding people who volunteer to be in the public eye, and those who contractually bind themselves to a particular organization and its regulations. MCOC's TOS is not binding in the same way.
  • FigueFigue Posts: 83
    Beewee said:

DNA3000 said:

GAV3777 said:

Thx

I get why cheaters cant be revealed for legal reasons. But I do believe the punishments should be much harsher. Big accounts should not get a slap on the wrist for modding. They should be perma banned
    yeah but those big accounts do not spend money? maybe thats the reason they dont ban those accounts
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,018 ★★★★★

DNA3000 said:

91KiX said:

DNA3000 said:

GAV3777 said:

Thx

is better than this guy:

@Demonzfyre something something sauce?
    I'm going to assume he hasn't learned the way of the Centurion yet. I'm also going to assume he has no tech resources either to rank him up.
  • PetieCameronPetieCameron Posts: 260
    Does everyone get rank rewards for bg's it doesn't say u have to bypass a certain amount to get them on alliance & single & I haven't had either I had rewards but not rank?
  • PupkacPupkac Posts: 75
    Any update Kabam? Pls.
  • Standardman1989Standardman1989 Posts: 536 ★★★
    Its long to waited reward.. i hope It’s because you’re watching cheaters or I don’t know what..