**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

This is heartbreaking... maybe game ending.

44hgz2nme0ge.png
pm87esmk0ru9.png

I really don't even know what to do anymore... saved and saved and saved. Months. Have hundreds of map5 crystals saved as well as t4cc frag crystals... Five star mutant awakening just sitting around... Best thing to me was Hawkeye then maybe captain... Should I give up?

Comments

• imnooneimnoone Posts: 316 ★★
    Keep going .. There are players in my alliance with 0/15 on FEATURED crystal. Can you imagine the frustration? But it's a game. If you enjoy playing it, keep playing. Sooner or later, you'll find some luck. Good luck bro
  • DaMunkDaMunk Posts: 1,883 ★★★★
    2 decent out of 7 isn't out of the norm unfortunately. I'd like to get Hawkeye and Cap but I get your point. I've got duped LC, IP and Colossus. Could be worse.
  • AfflictionAffliction Posts: 382 ★★
    Already had dubbed IP twice from the first 8 I had opened getting him 3 times. Got an SL but yeah... Not gonna get dubbed with the amount of champs being added. I'm going on 3 years now of playing. Over 300k rating and just... this has just absolutely destroyed any hope I had of progressing after 6 months of saving...
  • Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,469 ★★★★
    I have 3 mutant gems and opened 2 crystals today to get oml and beast. Got trolled so hard. You just gotta keep trying. One guy in my alliance has pulled almost every **** champ. Out of 20 5* his best is a duped ws
  • MrMojoMrMojo Posts: 97
    I am so sorry for you :/:/
  • Kamr05Kamr05 Posts: 208
    Never give up is always the first option. However, (not suggesting you should stop playing), this is a really tragic situation. Kabam know exactly how to screw people over. These last few months they've introduced new 5 stars and they know that's what people want, but they prefer to give the stuff we really don't want. They know it's hard to quit and so you'll continue to play the game. My advice is to keep going, maybe at a slower pace, less saving and less anticipation because one massive build up will obviously lead to a downfall, (that's how this game runs). Try and view those champions as arena points, maybe r2 them all and use some of those t4cc u saved up on 4 stars. I never hoard stuff because Kabam know the resources you save and they know you want to use them so the best thing they do is totally screw you over.
    *This is my point of view* - not saying this applies to everyone, just my experiences.
    I'm not saying you should quit at all, but I always use my resources (crystals, t4cc...etc) as often as I can, because the more you have it seems the more they hate you. I'm sure you have decent 4 stars you can upgrade. I don't have a 5 star above rank 3 after 3 years of playing this game because I've also been given rubbish, but I never gave up and neither should you. Few weeks ago I got Wolverine (x-23) as a 5 star, the wait seems to have paid off. Likewise the same will happen to you in the near future. Lots of people have experienced the same thing bro, but we're all in this together :)
  • Kamr05Kamr05 Posts: 208
    There are players who can save up their crystals and get lucky, Seatin for example (and many more), however there are plenty of people like us who just don't have the 'luck,' (which is totally unfair in every way), but our luck comes in time. Trust me since the first day of release of 5 stars I haven't got a duplicate 5 star (or a good 5* until now), but I haven't given up.
  • AcanthusAcanthus Posts: 447 ★★★
    Kabam didn't even use **** for this one. My condolences
    Too expensive to rank up. There's no t1a. And I didn't have any other five star dubbed expect IP, which happened twice, until I bought my 2nd Unstoppable from loyalty just a couple days ago... I'm 100% f2p. I usually do pop crystals as I get them. But decided to actually try and progress my account by a huge amount and get an amazing champ by waiting till it "balanced out"... other than that I've never had more than 15k shards b4 and it was so so so hard to save... Just such a disappointment.... plus nothing to get past specific content or to REALLY help completing act5 100% on any parts of it. It's becoming just wait for the next month event after I've gotten the rewards from this one instead of doing act5 or LOL or now even the Unclollected difficulty that I was looking forward to getting threw, even if just once! I now know I for sure cant... sitting on enough resources to bring 2 five* to r4. But nothing worth it... Yeah I have decent four*... But I don't feel like bringing my Iceman at 4/40 to 5/50 when I got AA, Wolverine, and Rogue there already. The rest would be a bigger waste of resources. If they introduced rank down tickets FOR SURE, then hell yeah I'll rank my first five* to r4 and REALLY help me get some dmg in at least! But when they aren't truly worth the resources..... what am I to do for now?..
    pdbowgh02fes.png
    Couldn't even spit on it Kabam??
  • Affliction wrote: »
    what am I to do for now?..

If I were you I would rank up my 5* Hawkeye to R3, my 5* Magik to R4, and my 4* Iceman to rank 5/50, and between them and your 5/50 AA and 5/50 Rogue I'd have a way better team than I used to become Uncollected originally.

If you're one of those people who has been repeatedly told not to rank up a 5* champion that is unduped, you need to stop listening to those people. I have only one 4/55, and it is Iceman, and he is unduped. If someone told me he's not worth ranking up until he was duped I would simply stop listening to that person on account of them being too dumb to pay attention to. Some champions need to be awakened to be good. Your Star Lord needs to be awakened to be legitimately good. Some champions do not need to be awakened to be great. Magik is one of the top power control champions in the game and one of the best attackers whether she is duped or not. I wouldn't rank up Hawkeye to R4 myself (although I know that people do) but he is definitely a legitimate R3 worthy attacker with strong bleed and good power drain even unduped.

You've got one of the top tier attackers sitting at 3/45, you have the immunity god stuck at 4/40 because you don't think he is worth ranking up to 5/50, and you have one of the queens of act 5 in Rogue at 5/50, and you're F2P on top of that. You got a subpar 5* pull set, but overall you're in pretty good shape in my opinion.
  • FamousRyFamousRy Posts: 112
    yes please quit. complainer. they are new champs. great for arena. stfu.
  • DarkestDestroyerDarkestDestroyer Posts: 2,870 ★★★★★
    Affliction wrote: »
    44hgz2nme0ge.png
    pm87esmk0ru9.png

I really don't even know what to do anymore... saved and saved and saved. Months. Have hundreds of map5 crystals saved as well as t4cc frag crystals... Five star mutant awakening just sitting around... Best thing to me was Hawkeye then maybe captain... Should I give up?

What's scary is I have a mutant awakening gem
    And 90k 5* shards saved lol.

I hope I don't follow your path
    @DNA3000 thx brotha! I appreciate it! I know I'm in a pretty damn decent position. But that's cause I've put myself there by not being ignorant xD and yeah I would bring undubbed Iceman to r4 in a heartbeat as well. And it's not that I don't want my Iceman to 5/50. It's because I was waiting for this opening to be opening up my map5 crystals and fragments to get what I would need beyond what I've already saved. Plus had gotten pretty lucky and got my AA not too long after I had gotten Iceman and already brought him to 4/40 and used the rest on my AA. Didn't see the point in opening more map5 b4 this opening to get more mutant t4cc. Hawkeye akready went to r3. And was waiting to see what I'd get b4 fully committing Magik to r4. Have a lot of top tier four*... Just would've been nice ya know?... Just gonna have to wait till next months special event after this one and probably the next too and just see what happens... sighhh my pain needed to be felt though lol its a sad Christmas!
    I senserily wish every summoner the best of luck always!!! :smiley:@DarkestDestroyer
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    Heartbreaking, will you ever save so many crystals again? I know I won’t.
    @CoatHang3r nope!!! Back to my old ways!!! That was a first and last!
  • Nexus_UY_ScutiNexus_UY_Scuti Posts: 480 ★★
    Defender diversity. I envy you.
    And yes. Good for arena. I usually do the milestones if not top 10% in both arenas. Didn't get here otherwise. Just real disheartening! :disappointed:
  • Jimmy_Utah83Jimmy_Utah83 Posts: 246
    Hawkeye has great power drain and bleeds. You can use him against the Collector and for power reserve nodes in 5.3

Ronan actually has use in 5.3 on power reserve as well with his l1. You can keep the opponent stunned the whole match. Long fights but it saves potions.

Cap just got a little buff now that fatigue debuffs allow you to bypass Mordos astral evade and w/ his high block pro he has use in 5.3.

You have great 4s in Iceman AA and Rogue all useful in 5.2/5.3. Magik is a top champ so rank her up as well. You have the champs to power through 5.2 and 5.3, don’t get discouraged just learn how to use those champs.
    @CoatHang3r nope!!! Back to my old ways!!! That was a first and last!

If you are only going to open basics, I would recommend opening them as you get them. There's no point in mass opening a bunch after saving in my opinion. You might as well get them sooner than later, and you don't have the built-up psychology of sitting on so many for so long.

I only advise hoarding if the intent is to wait until a favorable featured comes out and open for that. In my opinion if you only open featureds that contain a 5* featured you would immediately rank to 4 if you could, the odds are in your favor.

But while the odds are in your favor, that doesn't mean the odds mean you'll always win. Consider the optimum strategy for blackjack. The odds favor hitting 16 when dealer shows 10. But a lot of people abandon that strategy because they bust out often, and so they assume it is better to stand and see what the dealer has. But actually, while most of the time hitting 16 leads to bust, most of the time standing 16 leads to losing against dealer 10. You are trying to pick the best of two situations that both will cause you to most likely lose. One still has the better statistical outcome.

Most of the time if you pull basic you won't get a champion you want, and most of the time if you open featured you won't get a champion you want, but the odds are better if you open featured most of the time. However, if the psychological cost of spending that many shards and missing on featured is too high, then its not worth it no matter what the crystal outcome.

Remember: the reward for opening crystals is not the champion, it is ultimately your enjoyment of the game. If it causes you to not enjoy the game, it is not worth doing no matter what's inside the crystal. If it is more fun to open basics one at a time, then that's what you should do. Only gamble if you enjoy gambling.
  • chev327foxchev327fox Posts: 826 ★★
    Hawkeye seems to be the saving grace of that really unlucky pull. I am really sorry that happened and it would gut me too (I am gutted just seeing that this is possible).

I do not even have a 5* yet... but I hope my luck it not like that when I get my first :neutral:
  • Monkey17288Monkey17288 Posts: 99
    Only you know if it’s time to retire. Does your frustration outweigh any enjoyment you get? Is the grind not worth it. I can say I enjoy the game a lot more after I quit spending on the game. I was never a whale but spent more than others. After my first 5* a rhino and my next ones where rhino and ant man I stopped spending. I have a sig 80 rhino and Sig 40 ant. Both worthless garbage.

When I spent it would piss me off that I paid for **** and now it does not effect me as much. Just laugh it off. My last two 5* are Kamala and Howard. If I gave kabam money I’d be pissed but I’m not because I didn’t. Not saying you should stop spending but figure out why it upset you. If it’s just the game them maybe it’s time, all things done to an end.

Side note you’d think kabam would understand that if you buy stuff you want good stuff or people stop buying. But enough must have better luck than the rest to make up for it.
    It's not like me to quite. A break, everyone needs one from all the work. Let alone when that paycheck is more disappointing than what you were anticipating. I know this is how the dice roll. Just showing it's possible to get worse than what u thought u got in 6 months or whatever :lol:
  • Only you know if it’s time to retire. Does your frustration outweigh any enjoyment you get? Is the grind not worth it. I can say I enjoy the game a lot more after I quit spending on the game. I was never a whale but spent more than others. After my first 5* a rhino and my next ones where rhino and ant man I stopped spending. I have a sig 80 rhino and Sig 40 ant. Both worthless garbage.

When I spent it would piss me off that I paid for **** and now it does not effect me as much. Just laugh it off. My last two 5* are Kamala and Howard. If I gave kabam money I’d be pissed but I’m not because I didn’t. Not saying you should stop spending but figure out why it upset you. If it’s just the game them maybe it’s time, all things done to an end.

Side note you’d think kabam would understand that if you buy stuff you want good stuff or people stop buying. But enough must have better luck than the rest to make up for it.

Most 5* crystals are acquired through fragments earned through gameplay, not purchased with cash.

And I don't know why so many people claim to not understand Kabam's motivations when the entire F2P industry, the entire city of Las Vegas, all those plastic ball dispensers in half of Japan's train stations, and most of the game shows on television exist on the premise that people don't have to win often or even ever to want a chance at gambling for prizes. GIven a choice at a guaranteed dollar or a one in a thousand chance of winning a thousand dollars, most will choose the long shot even though it has exactly the same intrinsic value and the dollar is guaranteed. If Kabam made every single 5* exactly the same in value somehow (and that's impossible) even if it was high value people would get bored with the game rapidly. We judge value in relative terms not absolute terms. There's no such thing as every champ being great. If every champ was as powerful as Dr. Voodoo, all of them would be mediocre and no one would care what they got. That's just how people work. We only care about winning when we compare it to what losing looks like.
    44hgz2nme0ge.png
    pm87esmk0ru9.png

Get a new account man, you just have to accept that there are lucky accounts and unlucky ones. Now I only play to help some friends with the harder content, I have acctually quited my account after opening 7 featured for Starky and getting none while some of my friend who are also **** players got him with 1 or 2 crystals. **** this game!
  • BornBorn Posts: 228 ★★
    That’s so messed up mate. I feel your pain. Pulls like that definitely make you want to quite. I too saved a bunch and pulled similar champs, nothing but garbage.

I guess that’s how they keep people in the game and grinding. I bet you won’t see someone open 7 crystal like that and pull ICE, AA, DV, GR, GP, Rouge and Quake. I’m sure the percentage rates to pull useless champs are higher than those of the good champs. And Kabam know who they are.