**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Spots Spots

With a 90% probability of landing on the same node in the side quest, and no offers or ability to select targeted routes, after 5 or 10 times it's just frustrating. Soley relying on luck or chance is not enough. I would've been great to have had at least 3 or 4 opportunities for route selection throughout the event.

Comments

• HamoBlamo51HamoBlamo51 Posts: 276 ★★
    idk about you but i dont need anything other than the candy to get some free gold from the store, ill gladly take candy tommorow and the next day, but once i buy everything i need, i can understand your frustration with only getting candy
  • DrCran9DrCran9 Posts: 10
    I appreciate the feedback, what about an option to spend the candy on route seletion tokens (even at a very high cost) would be an incentive to make certain choices in the game. Like spend 200K candy for route token instead of grabbing catalysts or gold. I know there are always pros / cons in each scenario, but that's why I play the game and don't develop them lol 🤪 I'm sure we can poke holes In that scenario too
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    They could have at least put in more candy paths with some different lesser items on some. Part of what is frustrating is knowing you are about to get sent to the same path you've been sent to every single time. It feels inevitable.
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,542 ★★★★★

They could have at least put in more candy paths with some different lesser items on some. Part of what is frustrating is knowing you are about to get sent to the same path you've been sent to every single time. It feels inevitable.

This, I think, is at the root of the discontent. Sure, there’s solid stuff in the Candy store. Sure, the fights are not hard. Sure, it’s only one difficulty once a day.

But the sheer hopelessness. Not exciting.

I wonder what it would have been like if some of the prizes on the paths were selectors—sort of like a prize nexus, with three random rolls of Candy, gold, cats, whatever. I think that might have aggravated players, but it also may have made the SQ feel less drudge. Don’t know, but that’s my best guess re: what feels off.

Dr. Zola
  • SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Posts: 4,209 ★★★★★
    DrCran9 said:

With a 90% probability of landing on the same node in the side quest, and no offers or ability to select targeted routes, after 5 or 10 times it's just frustrating. Soley relying on luck or chance is not enough. I would've been great to have had at least 3 or 4 opportunities for route selection throughout the event.

3 or 4 is kinda low bro.
    It must be more around 5 or 6
  • ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★
    Let’s say they hypothetically gave a key that gave you access to any path EXCEPT for the awakening gem, would that make it better?
  • GeneralNappaGeneralNappa Posts: 102
    I'd just like to not get candy every single day. Makes me just want to quit out the quest since I've already bought everything of worth in there.
  • JHVS123JHVS123 Posts: 32
    ItsDamien said:

Let’s say they hypothetically gave a key that gave you access to any path EXCEPT for the awakening gem, would that make it better?

That would probably be closer to a reasonable solution while still allowing us to gamble for the big win. Also, the idea that a selector could be bought with candy isn't a bad idea.
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,542 ★★★★★
    ItsDamien said:

That’s an interesting twist. Or if when you get a 2% roll, you can select which of the 2% paths you’d like to take. Getting gold, for example, was the one thing I really didn’t want. Twice now, I’ve gotten gold.

I go back to a theme I’ve emphasized in the past: autonomy. Having the ability to exert some control over results can lead to more satisfaction. The team has honestly done a very good job of this in a number of areas over the past couple of years—perhaps that’s why this SQ feels so off.

Dr. Zola
  • DeaconDeacon Posts: 4,060 ★★★★★
    Let's face it .. for a VAST majority of players you will NOT get the grand prize. And I for one, think the candy store is pretty disappointing. But that's for me and where I am as far as progression.

Still, this is really one of the worst designed quests. And I see no reason they shouldn't have allowed a selector for the AG or whatever the top prize is for people. They've gifted much more so the whole "economy" of the game is really just smoke and mirrors especially considering the rosters of people these days. Awakening one champ is not going to destroy the meta.
  • LightsAnimeLightsAnime Posts: 421 ★★
    i’ve gotten 2 paths. 1 6* +5 sig stone and then only candy after that. i think my luck has run out so quick
  • Real_Madrid_76_2Real_Madrid_76_2 Posts: 3,309 ★★★★★
    Being a person getting Cady repeatedly since day 1, i am ready to do anything to get any other path
  • DrenlinDrenlin Posts: 787 ★★★
    Could be worse, I landed on the 6* AG first try with my 3rd account and didn’t have a 6* champ with me! That’s what you get for rushing in 5 minutes after release
  • LightsAnimeLightsAnime Posts: 421 ★★
    edited October 2022

i’ve gotten 2 paths. 1 6* +5 sig stone and then only candy after that. i think my luck has run out so quick

speaking of candy. got it again today
    my candy store going to be empty before the event is over at this point
  • Real_Madrid_76_2Real_Madrid_76_2 Posts: 3,309 ★★★★★

Being a person getting Cady repeatedly since day 1, i am ready to do anything to get any other path

It finally happened 🎊 i got the six star shards path.

Edit: i totally got rekt with a tigra on that node, she is continuously using heavy and i am in corner. Sadly quit the quest🥲🥲
  • Jeal79Jeal79 Posts: 443 ★★★

Edit: i totally got rekt with a tigra on that node, she is continuously using heavy and i am in corner. Sadly quit the quest🥲🥲

And you couldn't have popped a revive or two for the sake of 10k shards? Surely worth the unit spend. If a 6* crystal went up on store for 500 units you'd bite Kabams hand off. Mental
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★

You've got 5 champs...