**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Am I sleeping on some good science?

KerneasKerneas Posts: 3,741 ★★★★★
edited October 2022 in Strategy and Tips
So, to briefly explain my situation: I am a TB with a r3 in every class but science. My rankups now tend to slowly keep eventual r4 in mind. I have a champion whom I would be fine with putting to r4 in every class. Every class but science.

And that's why I post this, I have been opening dual crystals in desperate hunt for the best science champs (Scorpion, iBom, iHulk, Torch, Void), but I was thinking, what if there is some really good champ in my roster? What if the answer is right under my nose?

That's why I have decided to ask you all your opinion on the champs I have and hopefully give me some insight whether (and how) useful these champs might be.

Anywas here's my science roster:

Post edited by Kabam Porthos on

Comments

• Options
    PGK88PGK88 Posts: 84
    Spiderham. I love him. Currently have him as an R2. Will R3 him soon. Have heard the community go crazy about Spiderman 2099 .

Ultimately, u should rank up champions you like using, and not the popular ones (my R2 ghost and stryfe says hi... - i use them only in arenas)🦄
  • Options
    KerneasKerneas Posts: 3,741 ★★★★★

Everyone but Abom and SM classic are good.

There is good and "good" tho. I wouldn't regret taking any of them to r2, even Abom (love my 5* RG so the synergy is strong), but I'd hesitate with r3 and I am highly unsure about r4. That's why I ask, but thanks for the reply
  • Options
    OakenshieldOakenshield Posts: 1,687 ★★★★
    If it was my roster, the three I would rank are She Hulk, Red Hulk, and Spider Ham. In part that is because I am a solidly good player but not outstanding, and all three of these champs don’t require top 1% skill to be great. Like you I am not there yet on my S2099 skills, although I am working on it.
  • Options
    SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,805 ★★★★★
    in addition to the three mentioned by @Oakenshield, i’d also take up Spider-Gwen to rank 3. She’s fun and has both damage and utility, which imo makes her a quality candidate for the rank 3. I think in terms of rank 4 your best champ would be Spider-Ham- or if there’s someone you just find more fun
  • Options
    SidDDragonSidDDragon Posts: 1,183 ★★★
    There are a few champs in there who are easy r3 for me- ham,she hulk and spidey99
    I have a r3 red hulk and although he starts slow,he can hit some pretty sweet damage once he is ramped up and he is pretty damn insane against poison incinerate hazard shift
    Thing once duped is a solid rankup choice as well as he is a good bg defender and a really strong incursions champ
    There are some who would r3 gwen but with she hulk in the roster,i wouldnt rankup gwen
    Yj and gulk and good but not my champs tbh
    But i would say that yes u are overlooking a few of ur champs
  • Options
    LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    I like Rhulk a lot. He's a mystic killer and poison/incinerate immunity makes him good for hazard shift nodes. I have him at r3
  • Options
    jaythekidjaythekid Posts: 52
    All good but the last 2 trash
  • Options
    mgj0630mgj0630 Posts: 1,005 ★★★★
    S2099 is an incredibly solid r4 choice, so definitely r3 worthy.

Paired with Scorpion and Anti-Venom, I've won fights in war without landing a single hit.
  • Options
    OrtounOrtoun Posts: 563 ★★★
    I can't really speak to ham, 2099, or rhulk, but she-hulk is a beast. Slow on heavy is super useful, she fulfills a really great synergy with mr F, and her damage can be pretty decent if the AI cooperates and you can keep furys up. I'm currently debating if she or scorpion will be my next science r3.
  • Options
    OakenshieldOakenshield Posts: 1,687 ★★★★

in addition to the three mentioned by @Oakenshield, i’d also take up Spider-Gwen to rank 3. She’s fun and has both damage and utility, which imo makes her a quality candidate for the rank 3. I think in terms of rank 4 your best champ would be Spider-Ham- or if there’s someone you just find more fun

I agree with @SpideyFunko that Spider-Gwen is also great- I have mine at r2. Only reason I didn’t suggest her was that you already have She Hulk who does some similar things - in particular the slow on heavy. I don’t think you would need to rank both of them - just whichever one you enjoy the most.
  • Options
    13579rebel_13579rebel_ Posts: 2,405 ★★★★★
    You're sleeping so hard on my probable 1st r4
    S99
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,026 ★★★★★
    Kerneas said:

There is good and "good" tho. I wouldn't regret taking any of them to r2, even Abom (love my 5* RG so the synergy is strong), but I'd hesitate with r3 and I am highly unsure about r4. That's why I ask, but thanks for the reply
    Every one of those is R3 worthy. You'll need some dupes on some of them but they're all R3 worthy. The exception would be maybe Ghulk. RHulk is an R4 contender on my book all day long.

@pseudosane can tell you the glorious stories of Yellow Jacket as well. I have SM2099 as an R4 as well.
  • Options
    xNigxNig Posts: 7,249 ★★★★★
    Kerneas said:

So, to briefly explain my situation: I am a TB with a r3 in every class but science. My rankups now tend to slowly keep eventual r4 in mind. I have a champion whom I would be fine with putting to r4 in every class. Every class but science.

And that's why I post this, I have been opening dual crystals in desperate hunt for the best science champs (Scorpion, iBom, iHulk, Torch, Void), but I was thinking, what if there is some really good champ in my roster? What if the answer is right under my nose?

That's why I have decided to ask you all your opinion on the champs I have and hopefully give me some insight whether (and how) useful these champs might be.

Anywas here's my science roster:

Depending on who your other rank ups are, you can consider taking Ham, Rulk or S99.

Personally I don’t like Gwen unduped cause her slow doesn’t get the 2s bonus which means needing quite a few more heavies to keep slow up. Whereas SheHulk, albeit good, gets me pissed sometimes when the defender goes defensive and her furies wear off.

If it were me, I’ll take Ham up over the 2 since he can double up as a defender, if need be.
  • Options
    Nalak8Nalak8 Posts: 387 ★★★
    Red Hulk and She Hulk are definitely worthy of r3. Those two champs are great for monthly EQ and questing in general, especially if you run suicide.

Torch is probably the only champ better than all of these but I wouldn’t wait for Torch. It took me a long time to get torch but I still use these champs frequently.
  • Options
    Wu_Bangerz23Wu_Bangerz23 Posts: 812 ★★★
    Kerneas said:

PGK88 said:

Spiderham. I love him. Currently have him as an R2. Will R3 him soon. Have heard the community go crazy about Spiderman 2099 .

Ultimately, u should rank up champions you like using, and not the popular ones (my R2 ghost and stryfe says hi... - i use them only in arenas)🦄

Yep but this also goes the other way around. While I fully admit S2099 is strong, I have failed hard at learning him. He is just too hard for me to play effectively
    I don't even use him for the crazy damage he is capable of .... I primarily use him when buffs are punished being is that he doesn't get any....even his dex isn't a buff....it's an op utility
  • Options
    Panchulon21Panchulon21 Posts: 2,605 ★★★★★
    Red hulk is solid, spidergwen is solid, s2099 and ham are great. Thing is more for tanking or defense and needs max sig. Gladiator is niche.
  • Options
    SammyDeSammyDe Posts: 899 ★★★

Red hulk is solid, spidergwen is solid, s2099 and ham are great. Thing is more for tanking or defense and needs max sig. Gladiator is niche.

What he said but I would only rank three any of them after they are awakened. They are good but much better awakened. I think S2099 also need antivenom for that wither synergy to come at the start instead of a sp3?
    I am going to rank 2 my awakened red hulk after all these glowing reviews next year…

• Options

Kerneas said:

Every one of those is R3 worthy. You'll need some dupes on some of them but they're all R3 worthy. The exception would be maybe Ghulk. RHulk is an R4 contender on my book all day long.

@pseudosane can tell you the glorious stories of Yellow Jacket as well. I have SM2099 as an R4 as well.
    Thanks for the shoutout @Demonzfyre !
    yes YJ is really awesome if you invest in him.