Will we be given a free relic?

Longshot_33Longshot_33 Member Posts: 367 ★★★
edited October 2022 in General Discussion
I am wondering if we will be given a free entry level relic so can experiment and see how they work? If not I can’t see how people will want to chase something when they can’t see it in action other than by watching YouTubers and theory crafting. Like champs that you can pick up in lower rarities and then chase the higher….or are we going to get some 3 star relics to play around with?

Comments

• ChobblyChobbly Member Posts: 935 ★★★★
    We don't yet know how we will gain access to Relics / the Relics we want unless I've missed something.

Given the fact that the ones in the demo videos from the CCP were 6* I assume that they will all be targeted to a specific class and rarity. While it would be nice if they were available to purchase individually I've got this horrible nagging feeling that we will be getting Cavalier Relic crystals.

The striker ones will be interesting to an extent, but I'm more interested in what comes afterwards.

But yes, a free one to start us off would be nice and also maybe help negate a little bit of the negativity that Relics now affect prestige.
  • Malreck04Malreck04 Member Posts: 3,323 ★★★★★
    Seems like the obvious route to go, players should be handed at least an example of the new mechanic.

Even if I forego the gameplay logic, it still makes perfect sense to hand out a taste of what spending money can get you.
  • Darkraw346Darkraw346 Member Posts: 2,324 ★★★★★
    Chobbly said:

We don't yet know how we will gain access to Relics / the Relics we want unless I've missed something.

Given the fact that the ones in the demo videos from the CCP were 6* I assume that they will all be targeted to a specific class and rarity. While it would be nice if they were available to purchase individually I've got this horrible nagging feeling that we will be getting Cavalier Relic crystals.

The striker ones will be interesting to an extent, but I'm more interested in what comes afterwards.

But yes, a free one to start us off would be nice and also maybe help negate a little bit of the negativity that Relics now affect prestige.

They will be obtainable from 2 types of crystals
    That's what I've heard from a reliable source
  • SuelGamesSuelGames Member Posts: 947 ★★★
    i just wish this relic shet never came, it should have the same fate as bases
  • CoppinCoppin Member Posts: 2,601 ★★★★★
    Its gonna be the biggest money maker for Kabam
  • Kung_PaoKung_Pao Member Posts: 11
    Relics had more potential they seem kind of underwhelming tbh
  • GinjabredMonstaGinjabredMonsta Member, Guardian Posts: 6,479 Guardian
    Kung_Pao said:

This, 100% agree with this. I thought it would be more than just strikers
  • ButtehrsButtehrs Member Posts: 5,550 ★★★★★

Kung_Pao said:

They said these first sets are strikers and more types will he coming later.
  • GinjabredMonstaGinjabredMonsta Member, Guardian Posts: 6,479 Guardian
    Buttehrs said:

Kung_Pao said:

They said these first sets are strikers and more types will he coming later.
    I just didn’t want strikers to be associated to relics. Not sure what I want relics to do, but I was hoping strikers would be an exclusive event thing like they did to test or maybe something possible in act 8 or via a boost. Just not relics