**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Stop this Kabam !!

Surya027Surya027 Posts: 18
edited November 2022 in Suggestions and Requests
If you want us to change suicide mastery for one fight in EOP everyweek , then make them free of cost.
Post edited by Kabam Zibiit on

Comments

• Options
    ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★

So we’re done pretending that nodes are not there just to screw suicide users. Cool.

They’re optional masteries, you can choose to run them or not. Same with the content you’re complaint about, it’s optional, you can choose whether it’s worth the units in changing masteries for the maximum points you can gain and the rewards at the end of it, or not.
  • Options
    SquirrelguySquirrelguy Posts: 2,635 ★★★★★

Annoying with switching out suicides and would cost suicide mastery users a minimum of 58 units to change and replace once the fight is over

I think I was able to for like 48 units at one point. Really isn't much different than buying a single revive.
  • Options
    Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,185 ★★★★★
    Ponrajcbr said:

Doubtful. No one made you choose those masteries.

No one choses it with intention to change it every week.
    I change mine all the time. 60 units, no big deal.
  • Options
    Wicket329Wicket329 Posts: 3,029 ★★★★★
    Ghost_Fan said:

Ponrajcbr said:

60 units and no big deal? If you spend your whole day in the arenas then yes. But some of us, that don't have that many units don't wanna waste it on unnecessary mastery changes
    If you can’t afford to use the masteries, you shouldn’t use the masteries. I don’t mean to sound flippant, but that’s what it boils down to. I have them unlocked but don’t use them outside of exceptional circumstances because I don’t want to spend my resources on swapping back and forth.
  • Options
    nOuxnOux Posts: 522 ★★★

Another day, another thread where suicides users haven’t realised that putting debuffs on yourself and punishing yourself for using specials is bad sometimes

There are many nodes that force you to use specials, there are many nodes that make it bad to have debuffs on you. You make the choice to place debuffs on yourself, you make the choice to lose health on specials.

Kabam makes fights that are challenging, it’s just a big downside of running suicides that difficult fights tend to make you play in a different way, or need different things. When you limit yourself to only play one way, or place certain effects on yourself it is going to be bad sometimes.

Let me ask, did u had to change masteries to do this fight?

This is not “bad sometimes”, it has became a trend to punish certain mastery users. This is kind of content that is badly though out to certain group of people, because Kabam limited options to use here and left no suicide friendly champions on the list just to spend units to swap masteries.

This would not be an issue if kabam would made mastery presets or make them free to change and cost to learn, then u can call this is an “RPG element” as Kabam miike said.

How would you feel if one day Kabam would make a fight that u have to unavoidably use units to do the fight and the RPG element would be spend revives…
  • Options
    BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    nOux said:

Another day, another thread where suicides users haven’t realised that putting debuffs on yourself and punishing yourself for using specials is bad sometimes

There are many nodes that force you to use specials, there are many nodes that make it bad to have debuffs on you. You make the choice to place debuffs on yourself, you make the choice to lose health on specials.

Kabam makes fights that are challenging, it’s just a big downside of running suicides that difficult fights tend to make you play in a different way, or need different things. When you limit yourself to only play one way, or place certain effects on yourself it is going to be bad sometimes.

This is not “bad sometimes”, it has became a trend to punish certain mastery users. This is kind of content that is badly though out to certain group of people, because Kabam limited options to use here and left no suicide friendly champions on the list just to spend units to swap masteries.

This would not be an issue if kabam would made mastery presets or make them free to change and cost to learn, then u can call this is an “RPG element” as Kabam miike said.

How would you feel if one day Kabam would make a fight that u have to unavoidably use units to do the fight and the RPG element would be spend revives…
    No, but I don’t see how that’s relevant. We both have a choice whether to place debuffs on ourselves and lose 5% health. I view that as a bad decision so I have never needed to change my masteries for a fight. You have decided to place debuffs on yourself, and occasionally that ends up being a bad decision.

This is not a trend to punish “certain mastery users”, it just so happens that there are a large amount of combinations of nodes that are “anti-suicides” (by which I mean, you need to use specials more often - e.g. special delivery, or punish debuffs - e.g heal block). I could name you 40-50 odd nodes that kabam could put on a fight simply to make it challenging that suicides users would have a disadvantage on purely because of what suicides do.

This doesn’t mean the world is out to get you, it just means that by coincidence, debuffs on you can be bad - using specials and losing 5% health can be bad. This shouldn’t be a surprise.
  • Options
    Lovejoy72Lovejoy72 Posts: 1,858 ★★★★
    nOux said:

They put on heal block for fights with Ikaris and Overseer. I took suicides off at the beginning of this, and just never replaced them. Only put them back on when I know I’m focusing on arenas for a prolonged period.
  • Options

nOux said:

No, but I don’t see how that’s relevant. We both have a choice whether to place debuffs on ourselves and lose 5% health. I view that as a bad decision so I have never needed to change my masteries for a fight. You have decided to place debuffs on yourself, and occasionally that ends up being a bad decision.

This is not a trend to punish “certain mastery users”, it just so happens that there are a large amount of combinations of nodes that are “anti-suicides” (by which I mean, you need to use specials more often - e.g. special delivery, or punish debuffs - e.g heal block). I could name you 40-50 odd nodes that kabam could put on a fight simply to make it challenging that suicides users would have a disadvantage on purely because of what suicides do.

This doesn’t mean the world is out to get you, it just means that by coincidence, debuffs on you can be bad - using specials and losing 5% health can be bad. This shouldn’t be a surprise.
    Sorry but, the question is why are you in this tread trying to talk about something that doesn’t affect you personally and trying justify something that is clearly badly thought out?

Every single node in the game can be played with “RPG element” by choosing correct champion that plays around those nodes easily without any downsides of loosing HP due to recoil or LQ and DE.

The problem here is limitations of the champions without the actual choice and the only one solution is to spend units on mastery swap.
    There is nowhere in the game that punishes players by having any other masteries than suicides. Nowhere that u have to change your “standard” masteries to do the fight and only option is just to swap masteries, there is always a choice of using correct champions that can do the fight, does not matter what masteries are u using except here..

How is it that hard to understand players frustration about this?

• Options
    Lovejoy72 said:

nOux said:

They put on heal block for fights with Ikaris and Overseer. I took suicides off at the beginning of this, and just never replaced them. Only put them back on when I know I’m focusing on arenas for a prolonged period.
    I have done every single EoP fight without having to swap my masteries, there were always an option for at least 1 champion that could do the dight even with the suicides on.
    While this one is hard blocked. I have always ranked champions for EoP fight that can do the fights with suicides.
  • Options
    MoosetiptronicMoosetiptronic Posts: 2,108 ★★★★
    nOux said:

Lovejoy72 said:

nOux said:

I have done every single EoP fight without having to swap my masteries, there were always an option for at least 1 champion that could do the dight even with the suicides on.
    While this one is hard blocked. I have always ranked champions for EoP fight that can do the fights with suicides.
    This is true. I don't think a single EOP objective or fight could not be done with suicides on before.

For this one, only one objective is possible (offensive burst with kitty, maybe with bwcv too) with suicides.

As to other content blocking suicides, no other content road blocks you and they don't take away health.

Does no one run herc, kitty, Diablo, knull, Omega red, bwcv, red mags, any horseman? Suicides are one of the most effective means of free healing in the game and that's why many people run them. That's before you get onto shruggers like kingpin, moleman, KG.

I think it's lazy design and yes, frustrating.

A better comparison, would be the enemy does not lose power while under any heal reduction effect (despair), AAR (assassin) or when the attacker is gaining any health (salve/willpower).

Or would that be fine too??

So it's, frankly, rubbish.
  • Options
    AdjeriusAdjerius Posts: 68
    This is not a problem unique to suicides.

At the heart of matter is that masteries are the one and only area where players make one-time decisions, and are permanently locked into those decisions for every single fight, and every piece of content, all day, every day--until they pay to make a change.

It is bad game design to actively punish players for long-lasting decisions that can not be backed out of without cost. Doing it repeatedly, and on a regular basis like we've been seeing, just compounds the problem. It doesn't matter if it's sixty units or six; it's still a toll that must be paid in order to avoid a bad experience that is completely unnecessary to begin with.

If the designers feel hamstrung by certain masteries, including but not limited to suicides, then they should be looking for non-punitive measures to get around their concerns. People talk about loadouts, or making mastery changes free. Some have also mentioned creating nodes that explicitly turn off the problematic masteries, which is already being done with willpower in some situations. Those ideas are all worth considering, in one form or another.

I also suggest giving players the ability to temporarily and selectively disable masteries, and later re-enable them, for free. Things like suicides, dexterity, pacify, and willpower were all designed eons ago, and the game has changed in ways that were presumably not envisioned at the time. Being able to simply turn them off for a while would go a long way toward bridging the gap between yesterday's game and today's. And it would eliminate an awful lot of complaints!
  • Options
    nOux said:

Lovejoy72 said:

nOux said:

Not to disagree, as I haven’t tried the fight yet, but are you sure it’s a hard block? Medusa covers two of the three objectives, and is poison immune. Wouldn’t you just have to wait out the eight seconds bleed? I assume that’s not a solo, but the question isn’t whether or not it’s easy, just whether or not this is actually impossible with your chosen mastery set up.
  • Options
    I can give u example of this happened before but Kabam realised that it was bad game design and changed it swiftly because it was bad design.

In villains variant back in the day when it was just released it had one path, and that path had a node if opponents is not affected by weakness debuff u will do -90% damage. Only one solution was to change your masteries to have resonate mastery to clear that path. There were no villains available that had weakness debuff at the time, Kabam realised that it was bad game design and removed that node.
    Thats the only one example of u had to change your masteries or just spam 10-15 revives per fight.
  • Options
    Lovejoy72 said:

nOux said:

Lovejoy72 said:

nOux said:

Not to disagree, as I haven’t tried the fight yet, but are you sure it’s a hard block? Medusa covers two of the three objectives, and is poison immune. Wouldn’t you just have to wait out the eight seconds bleed? I assume that’s not a solo, but the question isn’t whether or not it’s easy, just whether or not this is actually impossible with your chosen mastery set up.
    I can do Burst mission with kitty, i can do cosmic s with medusa or cmm by playing it slowly and using all gameplay tricks.
    The problem is fantastic four mission, none of those champions have immune to poison so u will always have debuff on you and it will be 3-5% ( if lucky ) per revive and HP potions. Don’t forget he has 2 lives with max sig.
  • Options
    Lovejoy72 said:

nOux said:

Lovejoy72 said:

nOux said:

Dunno why my post was removed, but that what i said:

I can do Burst mision with kitty, cosmic s with medusa or cmm by playing slowly and using all gameplay tricks.
    The problem is fantastic four, none of those champions have poison immune, so u will always will be affected with debuff meaning NF will go in to special spamming loop. U can take like 3% of HP per revive and healing to reasonable amount. Thats the issue.
  • Options
    One easiest balance would have been if Kabam made the node with description by saying “when affected by bleed or non damaging debuff” its still would be same hard fight, u cant bring attacker that is not immune to damaging debuff that he himself is applying, because u would kill yourself due to clapback. Fight would have been exactly the same just gave a leeway to suicide users. It would have been still harder with suicides than non suicide mastery setup because u have to play passively and not get hit while DE is active on you.
    But now its just revive sink or mastery swap.

• Options
    nOux said:

Lovejoy72 said:

nOux said:

Lovejoy72 said:

nOux said:

Dunno why my post was removed, but that what i said:

I can do Burst mision with kitty, cosmic s with medusa or cmm by playing slowly and using all gameplay tricks.
    The problem is fantastic four, none of those champions have poison immune, so u will always will be affected with debuff meaning NF will go in to special spamming loop. U can take like 3% of HP per revive and healing to reasonable amount. Thats the issue.
    Yah, there’s no arguing the struggle using FF members with suicides in this. It’s too bad the prior memberships of She Hulk and medusa aren’t tagged here. It would be amazing to use medusa to clear every objective!
  • Options
    Ghost_FanGhost_Fan Posts: 273 ★★★
    Wicket329 said:

Ghost_Fan said:

Ponrajcbr said:

60 units and no big deal? If you spend your whole day in the arenas then yes. But some of us, that don't have that many units don't wanna waste it on unnecessary mastery changes
    If you can’t afford to use the masteries, you shouldn’t use the masteries. I don’t mean to sound flippant, but that’s what it boils down to. I have them unlocked but don’t use them outside of exceptional circumstances because I don’t want to spend my resources on swapping back and forth.
    What's the logic behind this? I unlocked them and I use them all the time. Why you used the word afford?