**KNOWN SPRING OF SORROW ISSUE**
We noticed a number of the Spring of Sorrow objectives aren't working properly, we are investigating and currently working on a potential solution.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Options

Should white/black list be a thing in BGs?

MackeyMackey Posts: 1,597 ★★★★★
As per the title. Interested to know peoples thoughts on this.

I think it would be a welcome addition to the mode, there's too many pita defenders and cheese options for attackers to pick just 3.
«13

Comments

  • Options
    No. You most likely will see the same defenders and attackers, but that just means you’ll have better practice at figuring out to take them down quicker or use to slow them down
  • Options
    Charlie21540Charlie21540 Posts: 931 ★★★★
    No. Only cause the nodes for the victory track and gladiator circuit are always going to be changing. I think that alone kinda tightens up some people's decks, as long as they are trying to play with those nodes in mind. I think this will more so boil down to people ranking champs specific for BGs much like alot of people do for war.
  • Options
    The_man001The_man001 Posts: 624 ★★★
    NO
  • Options
    MasterSmokeMasterSmoke Posts: 556 ★★★
    I actually miss the champion energy after 3 uses they are benched & swapped out for a period of time
  • Options
    30ish30ish Posts: 177 ★★
    Modders & cheaters should be banned not the champs; people invested their time & money on ranking up champs should not be blacklisted or white listed thing
  • Options
    limeade31limeade31 Posts: 88
    edited November 2022
    The single champ that maybe fits this in my opinion is torch. There's almost no fights he doesn't work for and the very few he doesn't you were probably prepared to deal with. He would be fine if not for the prefight. The utility is still really good, miss counter, regen counter, dot. But with his prefight the guy is unstoppable. Nobody is immune to nova flames and they tear through everything. Nova flames are also passives, so they don't get purified. You have energy resistance, but anything with energy resistance also probably hands out smolders. One of the things that makes him crazy on top of that is that he pretty much has no rotation. You can play stun immune, only heavy, no specials, any combination based on the fight. I don't know if what your saying should or shouldn't be a thing but torch definitely comes to mind. The guy has great damage, great utility, no limits as far as immunities, and basically no rotation. Archangel is kinda similar in some ways but he needs matchups with neither of the 2 most common immunities, is risker if he can't parry, and can be unlucky sometimes(also aar). Point being you can place defenders where he wouldn't be ideal. Torch has mild inconveniences at best.

    I don't think he should be blacklisted or anything, but as far as broken goes he's way above everyone imo.
  • Options
    It should. That would even out the playing field and make matches more competitive. It would make people have to work, not just nuke 95% of defenders using Human Torch, Galan and other such destroyers.
  • Options
    Malreck04 said:

    Kinda surprised to see this many against, seems like a pretty standard way to shake up the meta

    I guess people like using their overpowered champions

    I agree with you 100%
  • Options
    SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Posts: 4,546 ★★★★★
    If I may, I would like to get a brown list too
  • Options
    ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★
    I wouldn’t mind seeing a pre ban whitelist for one champ per match. My Peni has been banned almost every single BG I’ve played.
  • Options
    FiiNCHFiiNCH Posts: 1,664 ★★★★★
    Malreck04 said:

    Kinda surprised to see this many against, seems like a pretty standard way to shake up the meta

    I guess people like using their overpowered champions

    I can’t see why they would ever do this. The weekly nodes define the meta. It’s a competitive game mode of roster vs roster and skill vs skill.

    And as mentioned above, this would hurt the smaller rosters far more than the big ones.
  • Options
    I don’t think there’s actually a big need for it tbh, the nodes mix things up nicely. They targeted the likes of CGR quite a lot throughout the GC which has that effect. Certainly for the VT I think that where there’s so much variance in roster size it’d be a bit cruel to ban the 3 most banned champions which are likely the smaller rosters’ staple champions.

    What I’d like to see experimented with is additional champions with synergy potential so a round could end up being 2v2. Not sure how viable it would be but I suppose it could be fun to encourage a bit of a theme to players’ decks to get strong synergy pairings.
  • Options
    I think yes. Changing up the meta does a good job of keeping people on their toes, but there are certain champions that are just going to be great in every meta. You also have to factor in friendly matches, and by association tournaments, as well as the victory track will have the same meta for an entire season. If not a whitelist blacklist situation, I think it would be cool if they had metas where certain champions were banned, so people couldn’t towards an archangel everything - similar to how they made a Deadpool boss Stark Spidy immune a few years ago when Starky was being used for everything.
  • Options
    MackeyMackey Posts: 1,597 ★★★★★
    edited November 2022
    zuffy said:

    Hell no. It’s a competition. If you can’t beat that champ, time to learn.

    Such an ignorant response.... get good 🤦‍♂️ like anyone has actually complained about any one defender and not knowing hot to fight them.
  • Options
    MackeyMackey Posts: 1,597 ★★★★★
    K00shMaan said:

    It's not the worst idea but it hurts the smaller accounts more than the bigger accounts and I don't think we're anywhere near the point where we need to make a change that accomplishes that. BG's is the most demanding game mode when it comes to roster diversity.

    Then maybe just in glad circuit 🤔
  • Options
    MackeyMackey Posts: 1,597 ★★★★★
    Mauled said:

    I don’t think there’s actually a big need for it tbh, the nodes mix things up nicely. They targeted the likes of CGR quite a lot throughout the GC which has that effect. Certainly for the VT I think that where there’s so much variance in roster size it’d be a bit cruel to ban the 3 most banned champions which are likely the smaller rosters’ staple champions.

    What I’d like to see experimented with is additional champions with synergy potential so a round could end up being 2v2. Not sure how viable it would be but I suppose it could be fun to encourage a bit of a theme to players’ decks to get strong synergy pairings.

    I mean CGR was great for this week and will also be great for next week .....
  • Options
    MackeyMackey Posts: 1,597 ★★★★★

    We each get 3 bans, why add more?

    Same could be said of war
  • Options
    MackeyMackey Posts: 1,597 ★★★★★
    edited November 2022
    limeade31 said:

    The single champ that maybe fits this in my opinion is torch. There's almost no fights he doesn't work for and the very few he doesn't you were probably prepared to deal with. He would be fine if not for the prefight. The utility is still really good, miss counter, regen counter, dot. But with his prefight the guy is unstoppable. Nobody is immune to nova flames and they tear through everything. Nova flames are also passives, so they don't get purified. You have energy resistance, but anything with energy resistance also probably hands out smolders. One of the things that makes him crazy on top of that is that he pretty much has no rotation. You can play stun immune, only heavy, no specials, any combination based on the fight. I don't know if what your saying should or shouldn't be a thing but torch definitely comes to mind. The guy has great damage, great utility, no limits as far as immunities, and basically no rotation. Archangel is kinda similar in some ways but he needs matchups with neither of the 2 most common immunities, is risker if he can't parry, and can be unlucky sometimes(also aar). Point being you can place defenders where he wouldn't be ideal. Torch has mild inconveniences at best.

    I don't think he should be blacklisted or anything, but as far as broken goes he's way above everyone imo.

    Torch is the one that comes to my mind too. I hate that he has a permanent ban spot for me, it's like I get 2 bans per war coz everyone I match has him in their deck 😂. The bans IMO are there to ban the cheese options, AA, Torch and CGR, I think not banning them is too risky in most metas from my own XP. Sometimes I'd like to ban others for strategic reasons but then by doing so I give them a cheese option. Kinda feels like one of those 6 of one and half a dozen of the other scenario. LOL
  • Options
    MackeyMackey Posts: 1,597 ★★★★★

    We each get 3 bans, why add more?

    To make it more challenging ... I thought that much was obvious
  • Options

    We each get 3 bans, why add more?

    Having a global ban like Human Torch would save one of those 3 limited bans for other nuke champions. Having to waste a ban on an overpowered champion like Torch who shreds 95% of defenders regardless of the rotating nodes is a waste, especially when you consider a roster that has other alternatives like Ghost, Galan, Falcon, Archangel, Shang-chi, Hitmonkey, Hercules, Kitty pride etc. There are already several other good counters to deal with and having just 3 bans is limiting so the idea behind the blacklisted champion is to even things out for everyone.
  • Options
    Thanks @Mackey for creating this post. I'd thought of doing something like this and I hope Kabam takes the global ban into consideration.
  • Options
    MackeyMackey Posts: 1,597 ★★★★★
    Another thing that could change instead is if the scoring for time taken is dropped to be less important. I'm sorry but if you're beating a mystic champ with a torch in 20/30 seconds there is nothing remotely skillful about that 🤷‍♂️
  • Options
    FiiNCHFiiNCH Posts: 1,664 ★★★★★
    Mackey said:

    limeade31 said:

    The single champ that maybe fits this in my opinion is torch. There's almost no fights he doesn't work for and the very few he doesn't you were probably prepared to deal with. He would be fine if not for the prefight. The utility is still really good, miss counter, regen counter, dot. But with his prefight the guy is unstoppable. Nobody is immune to nova flames and they tear through everything. Nova flames are also passives, so they don't get purified. You have energy resistance, but anything with energy resistance also probably hands out smolders. One of the things that makes him crazy on top of that is that he pretty much has no rotation. You can play stun immune, only heavy, no specials, any combination based on the fight. I don't know if what your saying should or shouldn't be a thing but torch definitely comes to mind. The guy has great damage, great utility, no limits as far as immunities, and basically no rotation. Archangel is kinda similar in some ways but he needs matchups with neither of the 2 most common immunities, is risker if he can't parry, and can be unlucky sometimes(also aar). Point being you can place defenders where he wouldn't be ideal. Torch has mild inconveniences at best.

    I don't think he should be blacklisted or anything, but as far as broken goes he's way above everyone imo.

    Torch is the one that comes to my mind too. I hate that he has a permanent ban spot for me, it's like I get 2 bans per war coz everyone I match has him in their deck 😂. The bans IMO are there to ban the cheese options, AA, Torch and CGR, I think not banning them is too risky in most metas from my own XP. Sometimes I'd like to ban others for strategic reasons but then by doing so I give them a cheese option. Kinda feels like one of those 6 of one and half a dozen of the other scenario. LOL
    The bans aren’t simply there to ban the cheese options.

    I haven’t been banning any of the 3 champions you’ve mentioned all season and I’m in the top 600 players at the moment. Perhaps try experimenting with other defenders that counter AA, torch etc.

    Rather than suggesting things that strip back and restrict the amount of choice the players get, maybe work on expanding your deck to give yourself a wider choice of options.

Sign In or Register to comment.