**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

New Premium Crystal have unreal Droprates😅

2»

Comments

• Options
    Sinedd92Sinedd92 Posts: 95 ★
    Droprates are fully normal
    I got qs, galan, valkyrie and dupped my prof x from 9 crystals
  • Options
    Ravens20Ravens20 Posts: 77 ★
    I've open about 300k worth and I've pulled 6 Groots, 5 Rocket Raccoon and 4 Rogues back to back which i don't even know how's that possible and not one Feature champ kind of sucks
  • Options
    TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 2,965 ★★★★★
    Kabam Jax said:

This is something we've definitely discussed on these forums before.

Not only would it be unethical to lie about RNG drop rates, it would also be illegal... almost everywhere.

There's no way anyone would risk the fate of this game to go out of their way to specifically hinder your progress...

…until now!

/s
  • Options
    BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    frodo2377 said:

I've seen enough vids that make me wanna break out the tinfoil hat on this one. lol.

So far I've opened 21 of these and received the following:

Gorr - 2
    Galan - 2
    QS - 1
    SW - 1
    BWDO - 1
    Groot - 1
    HB - 2
    Manthing - 4
    Miles - 2
    Mr Neg - 1
    Rouge - 3
    Rocket - 1

It makes one suspicious when you pull the same champs back to back or within 1-2 attempts. There was a stretch where it was just Manthing and Rouge. In all seriousness it's just RNG....even if it feels like RNJesus is smiting you. :smile:

I mean… I don’t mean this in an aggressive way at all, but what split are you expecting? 1 of each champion perfectly lined up in a row?

The odds of that happening from 21 crystals are actually 0.0000000107%. You’re probably not expecting that exactly, but it seems you’re not expecting that much repetition either.

When random samples are selected, repetition is a sign of the sample actually being random. If your normal distribution curve is not a curve, it’s likely not random.

Is it likely that there’s a prolonged period of one or two champions? Maybe not. But it’s entirely possible, and no need to take out the tin foil hat because of it.

I know from your post you’re not fully on board with the crazy conspiracy train, but you seem to be deciding whether to buy the ticket, so I just wanted to nudge you back to reasonableness.
  • Options
    frodo2377frodo2377 Posts: 313 ★★★
    This is pure algorythms to satisfy paygamers
    @BitterSteel I expect to get 3-4 of the featured champs if I open around 20 of them. It seems to play out that way in previous openings. The ManThing/Rouge stretch was crazy though. back to back pulls and then swapping spots.... If it was truly an algorythm....I don't think it would play out on just 2 specific champs like that.

I blame Swedah for the tinfoil hat conspiracy though. I watched his opening with all his Groot and Gorr luck. lol.
  • Options
    AlexAvalonAlexAvalon Posts: 655 ★★★
    I haven’t spent In years and last ten crystals I’ve got and duped Shang chi, got and duped herc, duped my nick fury, pulled Ghost, pulled and duped doom, got BWCV and then Emma frost, Emma is amazing but not quite at the level of the other 9 pulls but still if emma is the worst pull out of a ten stack then I must be the luckiest player to ever play and I’ve also been playing this game for a long time, over five years just about six and have definitely had runs of crystals that were very poor and disheartening but then will go on a streak like the last ten crystals that change my whole account, I have most of the top champs in game at r3 and have an r4 sig 200 omega red, what I’m saying is I’ve pulled back to back six star cyclops and then back to back Dr dooms, it’s rng. It’s not tilted towards spenders, tbh my luck was much much worse when I was spending and I spent a considerable amount the first few years I played until I realized I don’t need to spend $ once u get good enough to clear the top level content, u get the stuff for free, just takes a bit longer but posts like this are BS, I’m sure you sincerely believe what you’re saying but you’re wrong.
  • Options
    OakenshieldOakenshield Posts: 1,691 ★★★★
    edited November 2022
    I would have been happy to get your results. Mine were worse.

I hadn’t originally planned to invest too heavily in this crystal, but it is surprisingly good for my roster.

My definition of good is champs I don’t have, champs I have awakened but want to dup/more sigs, champs I have but that are not awakened. For me, 19 out of 24 champs fit this criteria. So basically a 79% chance of pulling something that fits my definition of ‘good’. Obviously there are a smaller number that would make me REALLY happy (Galan etc) but none of the 19 are a bad pull for me.

There are two champs that fit my definition of neutral (I have them and have them awakened, are ranked or soon to be ranked, but that there isn’t a huge amount of value from additional sigs.) 8% chance to pull one of them.

There are three champs that are straight up bad pulls for me - have them, have them awakened, and have no plan to rank them short of Kabam giving them a massive buff. 13% chance for one of those each pull.

On Tuesday my first pull was one of my 19 (Scarlet Witch OG). My next 6 pulls were all from my bad (3 pulls) and neutral pile (3 pulls). Actually originally one of my neutrals (2 pulls) was in my bad pile so basically 5 out of 6 bad pulls. But then I realized that one of my double originally defined as bad pulls (Man thing) is actually not a horrible defender, so redefined him as a neutral in attempt to make myself feel slightly better about my pulls.

That said, with 6 straight pulls (assuming my math is right : 1-.21*.21*.21*.21*.21*.21) I had over a 99.9% chance to have at least one of those pulls be a ‘good’ champ I wanted, and it didn’t happen. In this case the math was such that I had a pretty solid chance to be happy, but the RNG didn’t cooperate on 6 straight pulls.
  • Options
    OakenshieldOakenshield Posts: 1,691 ★★★★

I would have been happy to get your results. Mine were worse.

I hadn’t originally planned to invest too heavily in this crystal, but it is surprisingly good for my roster.

My definition of good is champs I don’t have, champs I have awakened but want to dup/more sigs, champs I have but that are not awakened. For me, 19 out of 24 champs fit this criteria. So basically a 79% chance of pulling something that fits my definition of ‘good’. Obviously there are a smaller number that would make me REALLY happy (Galan etc) but none of the 19 are a bad pull for me.

There are two champs that fit my definition of neutral (I have them and have them awakened, are ranked or soon to be ranked, but that there isn’t a huge amount of value from additional sigs.) 8% chance to pull one of them.

There are three champs that are straight up bad pulls for me - have them, have them awakened, and have no plan to rank them short of Kabam giving them a massive buff. 13% chance for one of those each pull.

On Tuesday my first pull was one of my 19 (Scarlet Witch OG). My next 6 pulls were all from my bad (3 pulls) and neutral pile (3 pulls). Actually originally one of my neutrals (2 pulls) was in my bad pile so basically 5 out of 6 bad pulls. But then I realized that one of my double originally defined as bad pulls (Man thing) is actually not a horrible defender, so redefined him as a neutral in attempt to make myself feel slightly better about my pulls.

That said, with 6 straight pulls (assuming my math is right : 1-.21*.21*.21*.21*.21*.21) I had over a 99.9% chance to have at least one of those pulls be a ‘good’ champ I wanted, and it didn’t happen. In this case the math was such that I had a pretty solid chance to be happy, but the RNG didn’t cooperate on 6 straight pulls.

Meant to add that I had spent $60 US on the game about 15 minutes before the above, so if there was some sort of link between spending and good luck I certainly wouldn’t have had such BAD luck.
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,053 ★★★★★
    edited November 2022
    Revile said:

An educated response as expected. You're making my case.

You honestly have no clue what you're even talking about. Neither you nor the OP have a clue.

It's also hilarious neither you nor the OP have backed your claim up with any sort of data. It's the "Trust me Bro" mentality for me.
  • Options
    LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    Revile said:

People being naive enough to think this is the only app on the appstore without an algorithm, when Kabam has a patent for it is the biggest joke of this game's history. 90 percent of apps use an algorithm, why wouldn't this one? Because the same guy who said the AI hasn't changed said so? I know that no one wants to admit to themselves how evil it would be to have the crystals rigged, but the fact is that the RNG in this game is WEIGHTED. As someone with an extensive background in statistics, who has played since month 2, I can promise you that the Rng is not pure, which is why you see impossible things happen if you're educated enough to see them. This video isn't the best example, but you don't have to look far to see highly improbable things occur regularly. Thinking that highly improbable things occurring regularly is "just rng" is actually just ignorance.

Gotta love it when someone not only spouts nonsense, but declares that anyone who disagrees is naive and ignorant. Apparently I'm just not educated enough to see it. It must be true because ipse dixit.
  • Options
    altavistaaltavista Posts: 1,291 ★★★★
    edited November 2022
    In order for an algorithm to be true:
    1. Kabam wants to have most players receive bad champions most of the time, on top of the pre-existing state where with simple RNG, there are more undesirable champions than desirable champions.
    3. Kabam would have to read your mind to know which specific champion you want, in order to not give you that champion.
    4. Kabam would have to read your mind to know which champions you don't want, in order to give you that champion.
    5. Kabam would have to customize results for every specific player, so that they can have a player without Iron Patriot only receives dupes of their Groot, and so on.
    6. Kabam would be willing to risk breaking the law all to ensure that there is a Nightcrawler in every household.

If this is true, Kabam is in the wrong business and should instead apply their algorithm to gambling or the stock market.
  • Options
    altavista said:

1. Kabam wants to have most players receive bad champions most of the time, on top of the pre-existing state where with simple RNG, there are more undesirable champions than desirable champions.
    3. Kabam would have to read your mind to know which specific champion you want, in order to not give you that champion.
    4. Kabam would have to read your mind to know which champions you don't want, in order to give you that champion.
    5. Kabam would have to customize results for every specific player, so that they can have a player without Iron Patriot only receives dupes of their Groot, and so on.
    6. Kabam would be willing to risk breaking the law all to ensure that there is a Nightcrawler in every household.

If this is true, Kabam is in the wrong business and should instead apply their algorithm to gambling or the stock market.

Where’s number 2?
  • Options
    RevileRevile Posts: 17 ★
    edited November 2022
    Kabam Jax said:

Not only would it be unethical to lie about RNG drop rates, it would also be illegal... almost everywhere.

There's no way anyone would risk the fate of this game to go out of their way to specifically hinder your progress, even if it might feel like that sometimes.

Obviously hindering drop rates and a Weighted RNG system are totally different. If you're saying they are the same, then your company has a patent on file for an algorithm that is exactly that "unethical" and "illegal". I'm legitimately curious now. Are you saying that the patent Kabam has filed that describes at length a Weighted RNG System(with photos) was not applied to the game because it was illegal to do so?
  • Options
    RevileRevile Posts: 17 ★
    altavista said:

This is all obviously false. Weighted Rng systems are very common.
    1. All they would need to do is apply a 1-10 rating to each hero.
    2. Kabam wouldn't have to read your mind, as we've seen with pop-ups for years. The game is aware of what you have on your account and will try to sell you remaining catalyst fragments etc.
    3. Kabam would simply have to apply the Weighted Rng algorithm that they have documented at length(with pictures) in a patent to combine those 2 aspects. Then parameters can be easily set in accordance with monetization.

There are no foil hats necessary. This is all common in other games. It all comes down to whether or not you trust that Kabam has applied a patent they've had on file that describes EXACTLY THIS to the game or not. Remember, crystals only say 100% chance at a six star etc.... Even if your rng is weighted, you're still receiving exactly what is described on the crystal. Kabam Jax says it's illegal and unethical... and yet Kabam created this "unethical" and "illegal" patent.
  • Options
    Revile said:

Obviously hindering drop rates and a Weighted RNG system are totally different. If you're saying they are the same, then your company has a patent on file for an algorithm that is exactly that "unethical" and "illegal". I'm legitimately curious now. Are you saying that the patent Kabam has filed that describes at length a Weighted RNG System(with photos) was not applied to the game because it was illegal to do so?

What patent are you talking about?
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,053 ★★★★★
    Revile said:

Kabam Jax said:

There's no way anyone would risk the fate of this game to go out of their way to specifically hinder your progress, even if it might feel like that sometimes.

Life on the forums isn't complete until someone brings up "the patent".

Amazon has a patent for flying warehouses. Haven't seen one of those.
  • Options
    altavistaaltavista Posts: 1,291 ★★★★
    Wicket329 said:

altavista said:

Where’s number 2?
    Couldn’t be pulled from the crystals because of THE ALGORITHM
    #2 is hidden behind a paywall, and only for Sigil + Resort people.
  • Options
    Ackbar67Ackbar67 Posts: 401 ★★★
    Revile said:

altavista said:

2. Kabam wouldn't have to read your mind, as we've seen with pop-ups for years. The game is aware of what you have on your account and will try to sell you remaining catalyst fragments etc.
    3. Kabam would simply have to apply the Weighted Rng algorithm that they have documented at length(with pictures) in a patent to combine those 2 aspects. Then parameters can be easily set in accordance with monetization.

There are no foil hats necessary. This is all common in other games. It all comes down to whether or not you trust that Kabam has applied a patent they've had on file that describes EXACTLY THIS to the game or not. Remember, crystals only say 100% chance at a six star etc.... Even if your rng is weighted, you're still receiving exactly what is described on the crystal. Kabam Jax says it's illegal and unethical... and yet Kabam created this "unethical" and "illegal" patent.
    I assume that you're referring to the patent to alter odds based on spending. As others have said, patents are ways to legally secure ideas, not proof of actual use. Jax said it would be illegal and unethical to display drop rates that are not true, which is proof that the patent is not in use. If it were used, the drop rates would show differently for different people
  • Options
    Ravens20Ravens20 Posts: 77 ★
    Ackbar67 said:

Revile said:

altavista said:

I assume that you're referring to the patent to alter odds based on spending. As others have said, patents are ways to legally secure ideas, not proof of actual use. Jax said it would be illegal and unethical to display drop rates that are not true, which is proof that the patent is not in use. If it were used, the drop rates would show differently for different people
    for feature 6 star there's no drop rate it only states 100% chance of pulling a 6 star, now as a programmer its easy as 123 to program in game that the odds to pull a feature champ is 15% ( not saying Kabam does this ) now the odds of pulling a 6 star is still 100 % since all champion in the crystal is 6 star champs its like playing a game at the fair where everyone win but the odds of you winning the top price is slim, my alliance mate today open 417k worth of feature and only pulled 2 feature champs (TITANIA and WICCAN) while some may open 2 and got luck and pull two feature champs i just find it hard that someone open that many and pulled man-thing and rogue 6 and 7 times.
  • Options
    Sw0rdMasterSw0rdMaster Posts: 1,727 ★★★★
    I don't see a point why kabam to would put in the extra effort to stop you from pulling certain champs.

What benefits did this bring to them? Having such algorithm in place might make more players leave as they are unable to pull certain champs, which is not good for kabam.
  • Options
    HieitakuHieitaku Posts: 1,368 ★★★★★
    Kabam Jax said:

Riptide said:

I dunno about that… I’m still pretty sure someone at Kabam HQ is deliberately withholding a 6* Herc dupe from me 😂

/s

*looks at notes*

Oh... "Riptide"? Yeah, I see that here.

:wink:
    And you've obviously gone out of your way to milk all the shards I saved for the last featured in my hunt for Omega Sentinel. You gave me ALL the featured champs there BUT her. But after that, I pull her back to back from a regular 6* nexus and a basic 6*. Sneaky sneaky.

P.S. Why are you also refusing to give me a 6* Drax? Or is he already in my roster and I just don't know how to find him?
  • Options
    LorddrewLorddrew Posts: 297 ★★
    Ravens20 said:

I've open about 300k worth and I've pulled 6 Groots, 5 Rocket Raccoon and 4 Rogues back to back which i don't even know how's that possible and not one Feature champ kind of sucks

I tought my 3 groots, 2x WS 1x x23 were bad but my guy i am putting up a candle, hope you recover soon