**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

7* shards from 4* punisher

LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
I just opened some UC arena crystals. Got a 4* Punisher and already had him at max sig. The conversion gave me 275 7* shards. Surely that's not intended lol

Comments

• Options
    TheAntiSaintTheAntiSaint Posts: 105
    Snakep said:

I can’t see any scenario where they ban people for opening arena crystals but could definitely see them going back in and removing the shards.

They banned people for getting 2 gold pathes in mutant treasure island while others walked away with like 17 5* AG crystals. I wouldn’t doubt it
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,022 ★★★★★
    Tijjy007 said:

Tijjy007 said:

delete this bruh y u snitching

The last time there was an exploit like this, people got banned.
    How would you tell if someone was doing this purposely? Also thanks for the heads up
    Oh I don't know, opening all their BCs right away. They can see all that on the account.
  • Options
    jdeck59 said:

Y'all crying because you don't have Battlechips

That’s a bold assumption. Besides this is already in the bugs section
  • Options
    PapaMidnite007PapaMidnite007 Posts: 1,622 ★★★★
    It's going to be ages before you get your first 7 star
  • Options
    LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★

Ignoring the toxic comments**
    OP, Send the damn SS of the bug, so we can put LOL on it.

I actually don't have a screen shot. I would usually take one, but I was so surprised I went straight to crystals to see if the 7* shards were actually there. I didn't have any as I got new champs from the featured crystal and even after opening two basics I pulled Black cat and Silver Surfer, both new champs. I now have 275 shards which came from 4* punisher. It's the first time he's been useful.
  • Options
    solopolosolopolo Posts: 883 ★★★

calling the op a snitch for saying there is a BUG!!! any bug needs to be fixed even if it could be benificial . you fools love exploits but are among the first in here crying for a dropped input bugs have to be fixed ..

dw op your doing the right thing all bugs are bad for the game

Moleman flashbacks
  • Options
    Graves_3 said:

I keep this post bookmarked for times like these. Having it happen accidentally won't get you banned. Knowingly doing it after finding out could get you banned.

This is on entirely new level even for you. How can anyone possibly know about this to exploit? And battlechips are not an infinite resource. Once you open the crystals, you run out. And based on drop rates you probably will get only a few 7 star shards. Not like you get enough to open a couple of 7 star crystals. So hold on to the ‘exploit’ line of thought for actual exploits. This is a bug and most likely will be fixed soon.
    All exploits are bugs smart guy. It couldn't be an exploit if the mechanic was working properly. I am sure it will be but my point stands that if you open BC's and get a 7* shards from a punisher accidently, you won't be in trouble. But, if you keep doing it to exploit the bug, that's where you run into the possibility of having action taken on your account.

So not real sure how this is a "new level" for me.
  • Options
    MackeyMackey Posts: 1,549 ★★★★★
    edited November 2022

Graves_3 said:

I keep this post bookmarked for times like these. Having it happen accidentally won't get you banned. Knowingly doing it after finding out could get you banned.

This is on entirely new level even for you. How can anyone possibly know about this to exploit? And battlechips are not an infinite resource. Once you open the crystals, you run out. And based on drop rates you probably will get only a few 7 star shards. Not like you get enough to open a couple of 7 star crystals. So hold on to the ‘exploit’ line of thought for actual exploits. This is a bug and most likely will be fixed soon.
    All exploits are bugs smart guy. It couldn't be an exploit if the mechanic was working properly. I am sure it will be but my point stands that if you open BC's and get a 7* shards from a punisher accidently, you won't be in trouble. But, if you keep doing it to exploit the bug, that's where you run into the possibility of having action taken on your account.

But how does one keep opening them to "exploit" when the % of you getting said punisher is extremely small. Or do you mean that IF you open one and get 7* then you should immediately stop opening anymore despite the fact 99% of people open them crystals for units?

I suspect, all that will happen is the 7* shards are removed off of people. I know for a fact if I opened up 10 of my 50 arena crystals and got 7* shards from a 4* punisher, I'd still open the other 40 crystals as I opened the first 10 for units, so I'd continue chasing them units.
  • Options
    Unless they say trophy champs give you 7* shards, then it should be assumed it’s a bug.
  • Options
    AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★

But here mass opening battleships is something that happens regularly. Not really something you can pinpoint as an exploit
  • Options
    Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,763 ★★★★★

Can confirm this as well. Not gonna open more obviously, but this one should just be a case where the removal of shards would be easier to do since no one is opening the 7-star crystals
  • Options
    Graves_3 said:

Graves_3 said:

Can you explain what you mean by keep doing it to exploit the bug? Is it an exploit if you open more than 1 arena crystal? Or more than a mil? And all exploits are bugs but not necessary that all bugs are exploits. ‘Smart guy’!!
    Let's say you have 2mil BCs. You open 10 and see you got 7* shards from a dupe on pun. Then you keep doing more and more to exploit the bug. You know, how all exploits start?
  • Options

But here mass opening battleships is something that happens regularly. Not really something you can pinpoint as an exploit
    You can only open 10 at a time.
  • Options
    DanielRandDanielRand Posts: 410 ★★★
    The apologists will never agree but the simple answer to preventing exploits is for Kabam to test their content before they roll new stuff out. But we all know from experience of every new update that will never happen.
  • Options

The apologists will never agree but the simple answer to preventing exploits is for Kabam to test their content before they roll new stuff out. But we all know from experience of every new update that will never happen.

Can I ask you a question? How many interactions in the game would you like them to test exactly? How simple of an answer is "test their content" really? I already know what your answer is but but out yourself in a devs shoes at Kabam. Would duping a 4* punisher to test to see if 7* shards come out be something that would have been on the forefront of your list of things to test?

How exactly would you suggest they go about testing everything that's possible in this game before the next update happens every single time? Again, this is a serious question and I'd like to know how you'd go about seeing as it's so simple in your mind.
  • Options
    ReyAlemánReyAlemán Posts: 88
    This was reported by email and was waiting a response... IDK if it was right to post on public forums LOL