How does one deal with harassment here

So there's this person who constantly harasses our alliance members. Requests to join only to be told no to him joining. Messages 10 other people asking the same thing. You block him.and he will make 2 other accounts and constantly adds you to ask the same question.

Just for fun I didn't block him and nearly every 3 days he will ask to join again. I'll say no. Three days later he will ask again and asks what happened to certain individuals who are not with us.

I have sent screenshots of this to kabam. What are they doing? Nothing. So looks like I have to spend units to change my name and hope that works.

What would you do?

Comments

  • Ace2319Ace2319 Posts: 545 ★★★
    I personally just wouldn’t friend him so he can’t message me. I don’t think there’s much more you can do about it
  • FitnesscwFitnesscw Posts: 199 ★★
    I block him and he makes more accounts. It's just annoying how badly he wants to join. We aren't anything special. I just wish there was a way for kabam to tell him to stop?
  • PetieCameronPetieCameron Posts: 260
    Fitnesscw said:

    So there's this person who constantly harasses our alliance members. Requests to join only to be told no to him joining. Messages 10 other people asking the same thing. You block him.and he will make 2 other accounts and constantly adds you to ask the same question.

    Just for fun I didn't block him and nearly every 3 days he will ask to join again. I'll say no. Three days later he will ask again and asks what happened to certain individuals who are not with us.

    I have sent screenshots of this to kabam. What are they doing? Nothing. So looks like I have to spend units to change my name and hope that works.

    What would you do?

    Just for fun I didn't block him u said so u created your own monster it's on u.
  • Fitnesscw said:

    So there's this person who constantly harasses our alliance members. Requests to join only to be told no to him joining. Messages 10 other people asking the same thing. You block him.and he will make 2 other accounts and constantly adds you to ask the same question.

    Just for fun I didn't block him and nearly every 3 days he will ask to join again. I'll say no. Three days later he will ask again and asks what happened to certain individuals who are not with us.

    I have sent screenshots of this to kabam. What are they doing? Nothing. So looks like I have to spend units to change my name and hope that works.

    What would you do?

    Unfortunately, begging to join an alliance is not a prohibited act under the TOS. This is one of those things that falls outside of Kabam's policing policies, and generally these things Kabam leaves for players to handle themselves. If they escalate to abusive activity, and begging to join an alliance probably isn't considered abusive in this context, you could try opening a support ticket. But unfortunately, being an annoyance is not considered a bannable offense.
  • World EaterWorld Eater Posts: 3,140 ★★★★★
    Block him and report the main user account to kabam support. Give a detailed description of all the ways you are being harassed. Kabam helped me and my alliance with a loser who wouldn’t leave our group alone 6 years ago. Hopefully they take action.
  • rockykostonrockykoston Posts: 1,247 ★★★

    Let him join and then kick him. Repeat as many times as necessary until he stops. Bonus points for letting him contribute in war and kicking him before rewards.

    Lol, Just don't make him an officer.

    But my advice is don't respond and keep blocking.
    Don't accept his request, don't reject it either, let it stay in limbo forever.
  • FitnesscwFitnesscw Posts: 199 ★★

    Block him and report the main user account to kabam support. Give a detailed description of all the ways you are being harassed. Kabam helped me and my alliance with a loser who wouldn’t leave our group alone 6 years ago. Hopefully they take action.

    I did send a ticket. They aren't gonna do anything. Was told they were gonna monitor it but they closed it
  • AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 3,405 ★★★★★
    edited November 2022
    DNA3000 said:

    Fitnesscw said:

    So there's this person who constantly harasses our alliance members. Requests to join only to be told no to him joining. Messages 10 other people asking the same thing. You block him.and he will make 2 other accounts and constantly adds you to ask the same question.

    Just for fun I didn't block him and nearly every 3 days he will ask to join again. I'll say no. Three days later he will ask again and asks what happened to certain individuals who are not with us.

    I have sent screenshots of this to kabam. What are they doing? Nothing. So looks like I have to spend units to change my name and hope that works.

    What would you do?

    Unfortunately, begging to join an alliance is not a prohibited act under the TOS. This is one of those things that falls outside of Kabam's policing policies, and generally these things Kabam leaves for players to handle themselves. If they escalate to abusive activity, and begging to join an alliance probably isn't considered abusive in this context, you could try opening a support ticket. But unfortunately, being an annoyance is not considered a bannable offense.
    Surely creating alts after getting blocked violates some form of tos?
  • World EaterWorld Eater Posts: 3,140 ★★★★★
    Fitnesscw said:

    Block him and report the main user account to kabam support. Give a detailed description of all the ways you are being harassed. Kabam helped me and my alliance with a loser who wouldn’t leave our group alone 6 years ago. Hopefully they take action.

    I did send a ticket. They aren't gonna do anything. Was told they were gonna monitor it but they closed it
    I know my experience is from about 6 years ago but continue to contact support and show evidence of this account and his alternates trying to friend request you and your alliance mates. Legit spamming friend requests and invites is harassment and Kabam should take steps to stop that like they have done in the past.
  • DL864DL864 Posts: 867 ★★★
    Just ignore him. He can't send messages unless you are adding him as a friend. Here's a novel idea don't add people you don't know as friends.
  • FitnesscwFitnesscw Posts: 199 ★★
    DL864 said:

    Just ignore him. He can't send messages unless you are adding him as a friend. Here's a novel idea don't add people you don't know as friends.

    I do ignore him. When I do he will send me incursion invites. He will make multiple accounts. He adds multiple people in our alliance. I add him to tell him to stop. I have threatened him with the screenshots I saved that I have sent to kabam. Along with other teammates screenshots.

    Should I post them so people can see what I deal with
  • Hort4Hort4 Posts: 343 ★★
    Fitnesscw said:

    DL864 said:

    Just ignore him. He can't send messages unless you are adding him as a friend. Here's a novel idea don't add people you don't know as friends.

    I do ignore him. When I do he will send me incursion invites. He will make multiple accounts. He adds multiple people in our alliance. I add him to tell him to stop. I have threatened him with the screenshots I saved that I have sent to kabam. Along with other teammates screenshots.

    Should I post them so people can see what I deal with
    Why are you responding at all? Quit accepting friend requests. You can ignore incursion invites.
Sign In or Register to comment.