7* shards from 4* punisher

2»

Comments

• DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Member Posts: 21,794 ★★★★★

As I'm not a Kabam employee, nor even in the industry.

This is all that needed to be said. You claim it's a simple solution but yet you have no knowledge of anything when it comes to developing.

I also would never hold my customers responsible for mistakes that my company made.

So if you left the doors unlocked and "customers" stole all the things in your shop, you'd just say "aww shucks" and move on?
  • AverageDesiAverageDesi Member Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★
    edited November 2022

I keep this post bookmarked for times like these. Having it happen accidentally won't get you banned. Knowingly doing it after finding out could get you banned.

But here mass opening battleships is something that happens regularly. Not really something you can pinpoint as an exploit
    You can only open 10 at a time.
    I just checked mine and apparently I also got 275 shards. Didn't notice it when i opened my crystals cause I wasn't too bothered by it.
  • SummonerNRSummonerNR Member, Guardian Posts: 12,279 Guardian
    When people say “it is already in Bugs section”, that doesn’t mean it is anything Kabam has responded to or posted about (not in Trello bug list either).
    It is just another post (like this one) made by a user.
    And looks like that one had only been posted AFTER LeNoir had posted his initially one here.

This one is getting a lot more eyes on it because it is in General and not Bugs section (as well as it coming first).

And @Eb0ny-O-M4w , was gonna ask you if that was indeed from 4* Punisher (since Punisher was evidently scrolled further right/left of your screenshot), but the other Bugs section post did show theirs with Punisher and the 7* shards (and the Skill ISO) on screen at same time in post-opening summary.

But has it only been from UC version of B.Chips (4* Pun), or has anyone seen that with normal B.Chips (3* Punisher) ??
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Member Posts: 13,944 ★★★★★

And @Eb0ny-O-M4w , was gonna ask you if that was indeed from 4* Punisher (since Punisher was evidently scrolled further right/left of your screenshot), but the other Bugs section post did show theirs with Punisher and the 7* shards (and the Skill ISO) on screen at same time in post-opening summary.

It was from the 4-star. I could replicate it again if needed, but don't think it's necessary.
    Opened the UC crystals since it would be easier to pull the 4-star there

This is all that needed to be said. You claim it's a simple solution but yet you have no knowledge of anything when it comes to developing.

The same can be said for your opinion. You are assuming this is an exploit before Kabam says it is.

I also would never hold my customers responsible for mistakes that my company made.

So if you left the doors unlocked and "customers" stole all the things in your shop, you'd just say "aww shucks" and move on?
    Your real world analogies are mediocre at best. But many times I have seen customers misquoted on items and we will always honor the price. It might cost the employee a job at some point but it’s not the customers fault.

Again, you are still misinterpreting the situation. Opening a batch of arena crystals not knowing there's a bug in duping 4* punisher for 7* shards won't get you banned. That's the same example of you misquoting a customer and honoring a price.

Continuing to open arena crystals in order to continue trying to dupe punisher to get extra 7* shards is now exploiting a bug as you are making a conscious decision to continue. That isn't Kabams fault, that's your morality kicking in, or lack thereof at least.

And then telling people to not report this is just as bad as the exploit. (You didn't but someone else did).
  • GinjabredMonstaGinjabredMonsta Member, Guardian Posts: 6,479 Guardian

Because I know you’ll never back down this is the last response from me.

So to further clarify my example if a customer continues to request quotes from the same employee because that employee is a moron and continues to misquote is an exploit? No, that’s the company not being diligent enough, if they allow that employee to be retained and not fired

That still sounds like an exploit? You’re exploiting the dumbness of the employee. Sure, the company should investigate and fix or replace, but it’s still exploiting that one employee for your benefit?
  • MackeyMackey Member Posts: 1,597 ★★★★★

The same can be said for your opinion. You are assuming this is an exploit before Kabam says it is.

Your real world analogies are mediocre at best. But many times I have seen customers misquoted on items and we will always honor the price. It might cost the employee a job at some point but it’s not the customers fault.

Again, you are still misinterpreting the situation. Opening a batch of arena crystals not knowing there's a bug in duping 4* punisher for 7* shards won't get you banned. That's the same example of you misquoting a customer and honoring a price.

Continuing to open arena crystals in order to continue trying to dupe punisher to get extra 7* shards is now exploiting a bug as you are making a conscious decision to continue. That isn't Kabams fault, that's your morality kicking in, or lack thereof at least.

And then telling people to not report this is just as bad as the exploit. (You didn't but someone else did).
    So everyone who opens some 7s shards from arena crystals is then automatically trying to get more 7s shards by opening more? How do you know that? How does kabam know that? What if, in fact, they're trying to get more gold or units like they was from the first batch they popped?.

Because I know you’ll never back down this is the last response from me.

So to further clarify my example if a customer continues to request quotes from the same employee because that employee is a moron and continues to misquote is an exploit? No, that’s the company not being diligent enough, if they allow that employee to be retained and not fired

I'd go see a chiropractor, that was a lot of twisting and I don't think you're okay.
    Mackey said:

So everyone who opens some 7s shards from arena crystals is then automatically trying to get more 7s shards by opening more? How do you know that? How does kabam know that? What if, in fact, they're trying to get more gold or units like they was from the first batch they popped?.
    You must be an NFL referee because you completely missed the point.
    edited November 2022
    If this was resulting in every (or at least a high probability) set of openings receiving Punisher (and the shards), then continuing to open more could indeed be considered exploiting a bug.

Same with if the Daily or Free crystals started giving out Revives at an extremely large increase vs their probability. Continuing to do that over and over once you see you are continuing to receive a very lopsided # of revives would indeed be considered an exploit.

But the likelihood of pulling Punisher is soooo low (and apparently continues to be that very low probability), that they couldn’t possibly fault people for still opening their B.Chips when they would normally be opening them anyways (even after seeing these reports).
    Most people tend to wait until 100 B.Chips (1 set of 10 crystals of UC version), before opening. So opening a set (or a few sets) all together is commonplace.

And unless they are doing a massive Analysis of openings (aka DNA), I’m not sure how many other people would be keeping 1 billion B.Chips lying around.

If Kabam is able to, they will probably take these “few and far between” shards away from those people. But I doubt anything further would be done to them.

**and unlike excess Revives, which you could rush to use in hard-content right away, thus Kabam not being able to take them back because you already used them. These 7* shards can’t even be used at the moment, so there is no “gain” from them right now, plenty of time for Kabam to take them back from you.
  • SnakepSnakep Member Posts: 362 ★★★

The problem with this mindset is in the timing. This is the time of year that everyone should be opening millions of battle chips in preparation for Cyber weekend deals. I just opened several million battle chips a few days before this bug came about. I wanted to know if I would make it to 18k units or if i needed to grind arenas for the last couple of weeks. Turns out I was about 1.5k units short and needed to get to grinding a bit. Even If I had opened mine with the bug in place, I still needed to open my battle chips to see if I had enough units or not. Your logic is that I would have been guilty of exploitation and potential to be banned. Really they have plenty of time to go back and remove the shards gained and nothing should be hurt. Right before the holidays people will be opening tons of arena crystals.
  • MackeyMackey Member Posts: 1,597 ★★★★★
    edited November 2022

Mackey said:

You must be an NFL referee because you completely missed the point.
    NFL may as well not exist where im from so i dont follow that reference... but, what is the point then?

I fear you've missed my point, if anything.
    As anticipated, the eventual outcome is that they would just take those 7* Shards back.
    Nothing else.

• LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Member Posts: 8,672 ★★★★★
    I'm surprised they bothered to remove them
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Member, Guardian Posts: 19,360 Guardian

I'm surprised they bothered to remove them

My guess is so few players had this happen to them that it was relatively easy to locate them in the data and just remove the shards by hand.