**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

When can we expect our battlegrounds rewards?

Comments

• Options
    DalBotDalBot Posts: 1,616 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

This summarizes the legal situation correctly, but I'm going to amplify this just a tad. The problem is not whether it is legal or not to disclose this information, and the problem is not whether Kabam's legal counsel wants to take these situations on either. The problem is Kabam's legal counsel has performed the legal analysis you've outlined above and decided for whatever reasons they chose to make the decision to set policy to not disclose this information.

This means if a Kabam employee decided to reveal this information to us, they would not necessarily be violating the law, they would instead be violating a directive from corporate legal counsel. This will get you fired. Not for breaking the law, but for insubordination, violation of corporate policy, and failing to fulfill the responsibilities of their employment. And they would be taking the further risk that this act would hang around their necks like an albatross and follow them to any potential future employer.

Years ago I made the argument to Kabam that it was perfectly legal to disclose this type of information. And the argument went much further than the armchair legal scholars on the forums typically take it, delving into the areas of disclosure and privacy policy. What I was ultimately told was words to the effect that they will take their legal counsel's opinion on the matter over mine. And I had no response to that, because they are right to do so. When your lawyer says one thing and some schmuck on the internet says something else, your lawyer should have the last word and in this case they do, and there's nothing I or anyone else on the forums could possibly say that would or should matter.

Kabam's operations personnel must follow the directives of their managers, their supervisors, their corporate officers, and their corporate legal counsel. It doesn't matter if they are right or wrong, if their legal opinions are valid or invalid. They are the ones in charge. And the people in charge don't answer to us.

Both you and the poster you're replying to are operating under an assumption that this was actually run through corporate legal and not simply a reply given by a mod who didn't actually present said concern to corporate legal. As someone who works in corporate legal, I can advise that this is a very big assumption to make.

By this same logic one could argue that they would encounter the same issue by posting in-season AW rankings because, again, they are not final and are subject to change. If an alliance is docked due to the actions of members who are cheating, the entire community can see which alliance was docked from the last leaderboard before the final one is posted. The exposure for this would likely be significantly larger when you're looking at 30 members in an alliance who could potentially get marked with a scarlet letter.

Again, in game names are not personal data. If someone chooses to identify themselves by their in game name then they make a conscious choice to be identified. Otherwise an IGN is completely unidentifiable unless either you post your IGN online in public places (such as on the forums here)or on social media. Kabam legal would have no responsibility for someone choosing to self-identity and it would be a damn near impossible legal threshold to hit for them to be proven liable for damages in such a case.

Also, last I checked, a simple disclaimer that "results are subject to change" would legally absolve them of any real legal responsibility for any changes on the leaderboards occurring.

And I'm sure I'm inevitably going to get a strike for this comment because, you know, something something "not constructive" 🤷🏻‍♂️
  • Options
    KAYDA_F2PKAYDA_F2P Posts: 21
    It ended about 3 days ago.

I'm guessing somewhere between the arena refresh today and tomorrow, before they take the weekend off.

Over the weekend sounds unlikely, based on previous experiences.
  • Options
    Pseudo_19Pseudo_19 Posts: 396 ★★
    @Kabam Miike @Kabam Zibiit
    Is there anyway we can get an update on rewards please and thank yous from the respectful mcoc community.
  • Options
    ItsyaboyStephy05ItsyaboyStephy05 Posts: 128 ★★

Sean_Who said:

Have to make sure they don't accidentally ban any whales too, gotta filter those out manually.

Would be interesting to see if they show leaderboards this time after bans.

Why would a "whale" need to cheat? What kind of stupid comment is that?

The leaderboard won't change like last time because they're legally not able to show who gets banned or anything.
    I think somone from TCN got banned, account of 6m So yeah, "whale may cheat"
    Not surprised, a lot of accounts high up on the leaderboard were abusing the matchmaking system to match one of their other accounts that's modded to keep winning matches. Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,039 ★★★★★
    DalBot said:

The leaderboard won't change like last time because they're legally not able to show who gets banned or anything.

This guy acting like Kabam would catch a libel lawsuit for showing us igns of folks who get banned for cheating.

You must make a killing as a defense lawyer 😂😂😂😂
    Look at you coming out of the shadows trying to do something but fall flat again because you don't know what you're talking about. Stay salty my friend.
  • Options
    PHILLYB781MAPHILLYB781MA Posts: 41
    edited November 2022
    @""Kabam Miike" @Kabam Zibiit @Kabam Porthos @Kabam Vydious @Kabam Lyra
    Can we get an update on when we can expect BG rewards? I’m aware that you guys said within a few days, so should we expect them by today or tomorrow?
    Any feedback would be great.
    It kinda s##ks that the players who played properly have to wait because other players cheated. This sounds like it’s mainly an issue with players who made it to the circuit, so reward the people who didn’t make it that far for now.
    It’s just frustrating that a few bad apples so to speak ruin things for the rest of the community.
  • Options
    BuggyDClownBuggyDClown Posts: 2,073 ★★★★★
    DalBot said:

DNA3000 said:

This summarizes the legal situation correctly, but I'm going to amplify this just a tad. The problem is not whether it is legal or not to disclose this information, and the problem is not whether Kabam's legal counsel wants to take these situations on either. The problem is Kabam's legal counsel has performed the legal analysis you've outlined above and decided for whatever reasons they chose to make the decision to set policy to not disclose this information.

This means if a Kabam employee decided to reveal this information to us, they would not necessarily be violating the law, they would instead be violating a directive from corporate legal counsel. This will get you fired. Not for breaking the law, but for insubordination, violation of corporate policy, and failing to fulfill the responsibilities of their employment. And they would be taking the further risk that this act would hang around their necks like an albatross and follow them to any potential future employer.

Years ago I made the argument to Kabam that it was perfectly legal to disclose this type of information. And the argument went much further than the armchair legal scholars on the forums typically take it, delving into the areas of disclosure and privacy policy. What I was ultimately told was words to the effect that they will take their legal counsel's opinion on the matter over mine. And I had no response to that, because they are right to do so. When your lawyer says one thing and some schmuck on the internet says something else, your lawyer should have the last word and in this case they do, and there's nothing I or anyone else on the forums could possibly say that would or should matter.

Kabam's operations personnel must follow the directives of their managers, their supervisors, their corporate officers, and their corporate legal counsel. It doesn't matter if they are right or wrong, if their legal opinions are valid or invalid. They are the ones in charge. And the people in charge don't answer to us.

Both you and the poster you're replying to are operating under an assumption that this was actually run through corporate legal and not simply a reply given by a mod who didn't actually present said concern to corporate legal. As someone who works in corporate legal, I can advise that this is a very big assumption to make.

By this same logic one could argue that they would encounter the same issue by posting in-season AW rankings because, again, they are not final and are subject to change. If an alliance is docked due to the actions of members who are cheating, the entire community can see which alliance was docked from the last leaderboard before the final one is posted. The exposure for this would likely be significantly larger when you're looking at 30 members in an alliance who could potentially get marked with a scarlet letter.

Again, in game names are not personal data. If someone chooses to identify themselves by their in game name then they make a conscious choice to be identified. Otherwise an IGN is completely unidentifiable unless either you post your IGN online in public places (such as on the forums here)or on social media. Kabam legal would have no responsibility for someone choosing to self-identity and it would be a damn near impossible legal threshold to hit for them to be proven liable for damages in such a case.

Also, last I checked, a simple disclaimer that "results are subject to change" would legally absolve them of any real legal responsibility for any changes on the leaderboards occurring.

And I'm sure I'm inevitably going to get a strike for this comment because, you know, something something "not constructive" 🤷🏻‍♂️
    I would also like to add something here as well( i agree with you )

I am not legal expert or something like that. But i have seen many MMOs or other games to publish the names of cheaters ,eg MLBB

Now from my experience it's is company specific policy whether they want to show the names of cheaters or not. Because whenever we install any game and play, we agree by all terms where it is also mentioned SUBJECT TO CHANGE. And teh defination of cheating totally depends upon the organisation. So it's thier choice if they want to show the names of those who didn't complied with thier laws. Now the whole debate i saw above, i grasp it's about the legal action and privacy. Well IGN isn't the actual legal privacy unless one self identifies with it voluntarily. It's the identification of oneself with the regards to law and regulations of the game and have to be tied with it. I don't think i will be jailed if someone on other part of world just said BUGGYDCLOWN stole my purse. Organization have rights to publish the VIRTUAL NAME CREATED ACCORDING TO THEIR LAW & RESERVE OTHER RIGHT AS WELL IN TAHG REGARDS.

It's the personal breach of data if Emails or real life identification is revealed. Tho through IGNs people can be identified like youtubers. But did company said then to reveal themselves to community???? Who chose it do???? They have right to publish information which virtual name didn't complied with thier law and thus publish it as gesture of fair play policy and equal opportunity in game. I don't know if someone actually in real world will file a lawsuit against game company if they are banned and their VIRTUAL NAME which they might have chosen themselves according to their real name or something they love but under certain rules of game company falls under personal data. And in case of cheating it becomes of game company to do it more easily.

For my perspective, kabam simply chose not to publish the names banned accounts but that doesn't mean they don't have rights to do. It's just they don't want to.
  • Options
    Asim38Asim38 Posts: 136
    DrZola said:

Mauled said:

Happy to hear that the ban hammer is coming down on them! Is it possible to have these accounts banned from the game mode?

The boosting accounts don’t care about rewards, so denying them rewards isn’t going to hinder them all that muchZ

Is it a ban hammer, though?

It’s incredibly deflating to play clean and fast to crush a defender in under 30 seconds only to discover an improbable 4 second fight by the other side. Something more than just points docking or disqualification for this season seems justified for blatant offenses.

Dr. Zola
    To add to this, what about removing their points in the solo and alliance events? Cheaters/modders are mudding up the rankings there too. Cheaters/modders should get no rewards at all from anything in Battlegrounds or any game mode they cheat in.

Just a thought: If people hit report on cheaters in Battleground mode and if Kabam is able to filter on players being reported in Battlegrounds mode, it would help finding cheaters quicker. A benchmark of how many times someone has been reported should be the determining factor on who to investigate as sometimes people can report someone just because they were annoyed by the loss (i.e. being salty).
  • Options

Sean_Who said:

Have to make sure they don't accidentally ban any whales too, gotta filter those out manually.

Doesn't necessarily mean they spent that much money to get a big account. If they're modding in BGs, it's quite possible they also modded to complete content as well.
  • Options
    Wicket329Wicket329 Posts: 3,029 ★★★★★
    DalBot said:

DNA3000 said:

I’m not talking about leaderboard updates. As I discussed in a different post on this thread, my recollection is that the reason we didn’t see leaderboard updates before is because of a technical issue on Kabam’s backend. I don’t think there would be an issue with a finalized leaderboard being presented. I was making the case for why Kabam would not publish a list of docked players, which is what was being asked for in the comments that I originally responded to. And I stand by my analysis in that context because the question isn’t “could a *successful* lawsuit be brought,” it’s “could an *annoying* lawsuit be brought.”

Also, as to the AW argument, I’d argue that the 30 people thing actually makes it less of an issue rather than more of one. But I don’t think we need to dive further into the intricacies of defamation law on a superhero beat-em-up game forum thread.
  • Options
    DalBot said:

DalBot said:

This guy acting like Kabam would catch a libel lawsuit for showing us igns of folks who get banned for cheating.

You must make a killing as a defense lawyer 😂😂😂😂
    Look at you coming out of the shadows trying to do something but fall flat again because you don't know what you're talking about. Stay salty my friend.
    *Yawn*
    Lol. Good to see you still have those witty comebacks after completely getting proven wrong.
  • Options
    VendemiaireVendemiaire Posts: 2,178 ★★★★★
    Why are there lawsuits on my mobile game?!
  • Options

Sean_Who said:

Doesn't necessarily mean they spent that much money to get a big account. If they're modding in BGs, it's quite possible they also modded to complete content as well.
    You think there's enough content in game to amass a 6M BHR account without massive spending? 😂

I'm sitting at a bit over 4.8M for reference...
    If you're competing in high tier AW and AQ, of course. There's definitely not enough story content but if they're modding fights in BGs, I'm sure it extends to fights outside of BGs.

I personally can't fathom modding in BGs for rewards and then spending 10s of thousands of dollars to compete in AQ and AW legitimately.
  • Options
    mgj0630mgj0630 Posts: 1,005 ★★★★
    edited November 2022
    For all the folks pointing to a legal basis on why they don't identify cheaters, or want the community to identify cheaters, I give you exhibit A, from Kabam Zibiit:

Now in fairness, he does say "one of the reasons...", but I can't help but feel like if there was a legal basis, then there wouldn't be multiple reasons.....it would simply be "No, we legally can't do it."

Now for what it's worth, I get it. No one wants that to happen, but let's be honest, people get piled on for things they post on the forums constantly already.

Personally though, if you make a conscious decision to blatantly cheat, you deserve to be called out for it.
  • Options
    Apocalypse189Apocalypse189 Posts: 1,128 ★★★

It's not YOUR game, you might play it but it's KABAM'S game
  • Options

Sean_Who said:

You think there's enough content in game to amass a 6M BHR account without massive spending? 😂

If you're competing in high tier AW and AQ, of course. There's definitely not enough story content but if they're modding fights in BGs, I'm sure it extends to fights outside of BGs.

I personally can't fathom modding in BGs for rewards and then spending 10s of thousands of dollars to compete in AQ and AW legitimately.
    Yeah bc I definitely haven't been doing those things either on top of large amounts of spending. It's not even close to possible. Who said anything about competing in AW "legitimately" as far as they're concerned? Regardless of what you can fathom, there are absolutely players who've spent thousand upon thousand on this game and are cheating.
    I'm sure there are. Im not sure why you keep saying "you". I wasn't talking about you or referring to your game experience. I know you're legit and I know you've spent money.
  • Options
    VendemiaireVendemiaire Posts: 2,178 ★★★★★

It's not YOUR game, you might play it but it's KABAM'S game
    /whoosh
  • Options
    Standardman1989Standardman1989 Posts: 536 ★★★
    Thursday Friday Saturday Sunday or Monday 😅
  • Options
    RenaxqqRenaxqq Posts: 1,598 ★★★★
    edited November 2022
    Where's our rewards?
  • Options
    Yodabolt21Yodabolt21 Posts: 2,534 ★★★★★

Sean_Who said:

Just stop. Do you really only think spending is used to finish content? This account in mention has every new champ at r4 sig 200. I know sig stones are a little bit more available than they were 6 months ago, but the only way to get QS, IIM and Mystic Spidey at sig 200, not to mention the ones before, is by opening literally hundreds of the pre release bundles and then the following cavs.

There is no way this dude had hundreds of sig stones just chilling. Not after constantly having the top champs sig 200 within 3 days after their release.

The guy is skilled, no doubt. You aren’t in the top alliance without some skills. But now the real question is does TCN get docked (yet again) or something worse because this guy was on the alliance for the first 3 wars, which they won.
  • Options
    SHIELD4AGENTSHIELD4AGENT Posts: 915 ★★★★
    boring