When can we expect our battlegrounds rewards?

Comments

• DrZolaDrZola Member Posts: 8,979 ★★★★★
    edited November 2022
    Kabam Jax said:

UPDATE:

BG Season 2 Rewards are scheduled to be distributed starting tomorrow, November 18th (remember: Pacific Time). Similar to AW rewards, the process will roll out over time and may take the a few hours to reach everyone. We will also be posting information about Season 3 tomorrow!

Thank you, Jax.

Dr. Zola
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Member, Guardian Posts: 19,423 Guardian
    mgj0630 said:

@DNA3000 You're not wrong about the difficulties in providing accurate timelines...They're damned if they do, and they're damned if they don't.

I will however disagree regarding the updates they can give.

I have no doubt they can ascertain how many people participated in BGs through the season. With that knowledge, at the end of each day they could say "We cleared 400 accounts." (better articulated as a percentage...let's call it 5%). The next day they could provide their close of business update to say "We've cleared 20%." Then "We've cleared 30%".

I think most would welcome that update, cause while it doesn't explicitly call out a date the rewards will come out, it does provide the desired status update without detracting from the more important work of actually clearing the accounts.

Does it? Ever stare at a Windows installer bar?

Without knowing the workflow, it is difficult to make approximately linear judgments that make progress bars meaningful. When they aren't approximately linearly proportional to the workflow, they can be very frustrating. Back in the good old days of VMware 5.0 snapshot progress bars would sometimes stall at 99%. For days. I know why, I know why this was non-trivial to address, but anyone without the technical details of what was happening tended to be frustrated by this. Especially when once started this was impossible to cancel, and also prevented doing anything else until it finished.

I do not believe the fair play review is a simple matter of taking a hundred thousand participant accounts and reviewing sixteen thousand per day over six days and then they are finished. To understand their progress reports, they would have to explain to us how their workflow functioned, so we could understand what the numbers meant. But that would involve doing something they said they wouldn't do for other reasons: describe their precise fair play workflow.
  • SHIELD4AGENTSHIELD4AGENT Member Posts: 915 ★★★★
    Kabam Jax said:

UPDATE:

BG Season 2 Rewards are scheduled to be distributed starting tomorrow, November 18th (remember: Pacific Time). Similar to AW rewards, the process will roll out over time and may take the a few hours to reach everyone. We will also be posting information about Season 3 tomorrow!

I guess in about 14hrs
  • StantonaStantona Member Posts: 113 ★★
    Kabam Jax said:

UPDATE:

Hi Jax,

I'm assuming the rewards that will be rolled out on the 18th to consist of the 4 areas that some of us have been patiently waiting for?

1. Solo rank awards
    2. Alliance rank rewards
    3. Final Gladiator Circuit rewards
    4. Compensation/inconvenience package for BG ending early

Thanks

Stan
  • IvarTheBonelessIvarTheBoneless Member Posts: 1,274 ★★★★
    Malchaeis said:

I think just a majority of the people waiting for rewards know they aren't in the top 200 for alliance event rewards. So they are impatient to see where they ranked. In the top 10% or the top 20%. Now the solo event rewards matter more for individual ranking and cheaters removed affects everyone in their ranking.

How do you know you're in the top 200? We got 10mil+ but I don't know if it's going to be enough.
  • Apocalypse189Apocalypse189 Member Posts: 1,128 ★★★
    Stantona said:

Kabam Jax said:

UPDATE:

Hi Jax,

I'm assuming the rewards that will be rolled out on the 18th to consist of the 4 areas that some of us have been patiently waiting for?

1. Solo rank awards
    2. Alliance rank rewards
    3. Final Gladiator Circuit rewards
    4. Compensation/inconvenience package for BG ending early

Thanks

Stan
    The compensation will be rolled out when new season starts as for the others probably today
  • Bhargav1705Bhargav1705 Member Posts: 1
    Finally we are getting them
  • MauledMauled Member, Guardian Posts: 3,957 Guardian
    Crys23 said:

DNA3000 said:

Crys23 said:

Pikolu said:

Crys23 said:

They could at least give an update. After more than 3 days, they should have a rough idea when they'll be done going through the leaderboard.
    Will it be another 6 hours? 1 day? At least 2 days?

If after 3 days you can't estimate how much longer will take, then you kinda don't know what you're doing in the first place...

Hi, got a friendly update about the timeline. It'll be done sometime between 2 seconds from now, and 5 years.

I understand the frustration of the community since we don't know the timeline, but it would be much worse if kabam said we would get rewards Friday and still hadn't finishing kicking cheaters by then and had to delay it further. Hopefully next season will be better since they got an anticheat person hired so they can hopefully be more proactive about their banning.
    I didn't say "gives an exact date". I said to gives us an update on how it's going and an estimate on when it will be done.
    They can say Friday or they can say two weeks. All I'm asking is Communication.
    If they say Friday and it isn't Friday, they will be called liars. So they can't just arbitrarily say Friday. If they say two weeks from now, everyone will be complaining that it is going to take two weeks, when it might not take two weeks.

Estimates have to be reasonably close or they are less than worthless. And if an accurate estimate can't be determined, it is usually better to say nothing. My recollection is that after the end of the season they said it would take a few days at least, which I interpreted to be in the general vicinity of a week. Absent further information, I think that's still a reasonable guess. I don't expect them to be giving out daily progress reports, and in fact I don't want them to stop and take time to give them while they are working on it. In this case, we just have to let them do their work as fast as they are capable of doing it, and if that's not fast enough for some players, I can understand that, but there's nothing else you can do about it. Complaining about it and demanding updates will only slow things down, not speed them up.
    You too completly missed my point. I don't expect daily reports, but after 3 days there was nothing. And of course the estimates have to be reasonably close, but I didn't care what they were. And the frazing can also be "1-2 more days" or "at least 2 more days". Nothing that locks them in a specific date&time.
    If they can't get an estimate yet because of software issues, then say that.
    The notion that you can't ask about a progress update after 3 days because "you'll slow them down" is ridiculous. Bosses/managers/supervizers ask their employees/subordinates all the time "how long will this take" or "how much longer will this take". Somebody, somewhere at kabam had that info. It's a corporation, that information allways exists.
    All I was asking was that they share it with us.
    'tis a fair point. If something goes awry and you can't quite work out why something's not working and it's holding things up I think it's easier to just say we've hit a snag give us a few, we're not sure how long it'll take but we're working on it.

In professional life it's always better to send a holding email if you're unable to deal with something then and there than just bury your head in the sand.
  • Heisenberg750Heisenberg750 Member Posts: 94
    edited November 2022
    @kabam jax Care to mention PST when ??
  • VmoferVmofer Member Posts: 47
    Still waiting here 😕
  • TruthseekerTruthseeker Member Posts: 333 ★★
    Kabam Jax said:

UPDATE:

Thank you for communicating with us. The wait is much less stresful just because you are present in the process. Keep it up.
  • FurrymoosenFurrymoosen Member Posts: 3,089 ★★★★★
    Idyslim said:

Kabam Jax said:

Hey everyone,

The team is still working hard to get these rewards out asap; please be patient.

In the meantime, Q&A:

Why not ban cheaters incrementally throughout the season, instead of at the end?
    The team does monitor and ban players throughout the season, then do a further, more meticulous skim once the season has concluded.

Why not send out rewards, then double back to remove cheaters and claw back rewards, then adjust them for non-cheaters?
    Woof, just typing it is a lot - this approach has many issues. Firstly, there is zero clarity for who's been removed for cheating. And secondly, it is infinitely more work for the team.

Cheaters should have their solo and alliance points revoked! Alliances should be punished for their cheating members!
    Not a question, but, yes we will be removing contributions to Solo and Alliance Events from players found cheating. At this point in time, there is no additional punishment for alliances with cheating members, because it is often outside of Alliance Leadership's capabilities to know when their members are cheating.

Can you post a list of all the cheaters who have been banned?
    We've seen a lot of speculation on the reasons that have been previously provided for not posting cheaters in-game IDs, legal and otherwise. The short answer is: no, we will not be publicly posting names of accounts that were found cheating. There are a number of contributing factors, and regardless of whether you think there are legal grounds to stand on, the precedent was set long ago and will continue on this matter.

Why is the wait so long?
    There will be a short period after each BG season where we do these checks before providing rewards. In the name of transparency, there has been a snag internally with some software refusing to co-operate resulting in a longer wait than anticipated. As the team problem-solves these issues they are also working to try to shorten the wait time for future seasons.

Battleground's Alliance’s found cheating should be docked.

There should be the same standard for battlegrounds as Alliance War.

If not, this is a big double standard.
    Jax did say they’re removing the contributions of those that cheated, so essentially the alliances are getting docked.
  • Wozzle007Wozzle007 Member Posts: 1,005 ★★★★★
    Anyone had there rewards? With the exception of the last 2 seasons AW, I always got my AW rewards around 4 hours ago. Was hoping to see them in my inbox.
  • RakeYoungRakeYoung Member Posts: 474 ★★★
    i still havent got my BG rewards, this demands compensation in the form of rank down tickets, 7* class nexus crystals and 6* relics with any upgrades unlocked!

/s
    Zan0 said:

Wozzle007 said:

Anyone had there rewards? With the exception of the last 2 seasons AW, I always got my AW rewards around 4 hours ago. Was hoping to see them in my inbox.

This post ís about bg rewards. And we are only on war 4 in the aw season
    The post by Kabam Jax said we’d get our BG rewards around the same time as we get out AW rewards. I usually get AW rewards around 10am GMT. Considering this is a thread about BG rewards I thought it was obvious that I was asking if anyone had received there BG rewards yet. My point wasn’t that I’m expecting AW rewards. That would be stupid. I was saying that if we are to get BG rewards dropping at a similar time to AW rewards we should start to see them drop by now. Was just querying if anyone had started to get there’s yet
  • Skiddy212Skiddy212 Member Posts: 1,101 ★★★★
    Vmofer said:

Still waiting here 😕

An i hope you are waiting all weekend. Your account is not going to live/die off these awards. Have some patience.
  • YayapYayap Member Posts: 6
    "Similar To AW rewards, the process will roll out over time and may take the a few hours to reach out everyone" it never says that it will be at the exact same time of the AW rewards, it only says that the rewads will be delivered little by little.
  • IvarTheBonelessIvarTheBoneless Member Posts: 1,274 ★★★★
    Wozzle007 said:

To get back to the core of your message: haven't gotten mine yet and also nobody in my alliance. My guess would be that people will be starting to get them in 2 hours and 8 minutes from now or also 10am PT
  • hburns03hburns03 Member Posts: 74
    Wozzle007 said:

Zan0 said:

Wozzle007 said:

The post by Kabam Jax said we’d get our BG rewards around the same time as we get out AW rewards. I usually get AW rewards around 10am GMT. Considering this is a thread about BG rewards I thought it was obvious that I was asking if anyone had received there BG rewards yet. My point wasn’t that I’m expecting AW rewards. That would be stupid. I was saying that if we are to get BG rewards dropping at a similar time to AW rewards we should start to see them drop by now. Was just querying if anyone had started to get there’s yet
    wow i’m surprised how early you tend to get your ear rewards. normally i wouldn’t get them for about another 8-10 hours
  • AverageDesiAverageDesi Member Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★
    Ghost_Fan said:

Ghost_Fan said:

They can't really give a definite answer if they don't know.

That's the thing. They SHOULD know. Or they should have been banning people when the season was on and not waiting till it ended
    I can't speak for their process, and I can't say they don't know, but it takes more than a Report and some screenshots. You need to comb through the data. From what I gather, I believe we saw some actions during the Season as well.
    This whole idea that people should be able to send a Report and have an instant ban isn't realistic, and it's also quite dangerous to think about. Every dissatisfied Loss would lead to a ban.
    It takes time to verify, and it also takes time to manually make adjustments and take any other punitive actions. As much as people want an instaban system, I'd rather shut the mode down. Can you imagine if it were your Account falsely accused?
    Comb through what data? If someone kills Peni Parker in 6sec or in 5 hits, what more evidence do you need?
    I didn't talk about an instaban system. You are giving arguments to something I never spoke about. Wanting to fill up those lines I guess.
    You know that's a very error prone method to do this. Don't qoute me but i think many people working on these aren't actually that versed in game mechanics to make judgement calls like that. Even the most seasoned players make mistakes that they double down in so hard and accuse matches they lose on hacking.

Give this power to the average player and everytime they lose it's a hacker
    hburns03 said:

Wozzle007 said:

Zan0 said:

Wozzle007 said:

wow i’m surprised how early you tend to get your ear rewards. normally i wouldn’t get them for about another 8-10 hours
    Yep, other than last 2 season’s we always got the rewards between 10-11am GMT. That would the time to take a toilet break at work and open my 6* Groot lol! Last 2 season we’ve had a bit later about this time of day. Ah well, guess we’ll have to continue to wait.
  • Luffy002Luffy002 Member Posts: 51
    Skiddy212 said:

Vmofer said:

Still waiting here 😕

An i hope you are waiting all weekend. Your account is not going to live/die off these awards. Have some patience.
    lmao patience those rewards actually are important to certain people like me i missed out on a point for eop because the rewards weren’t on time there’s probably cavaliers out there that out on eop for last week. i would never understand y’all telling people to be patient when they are being with held things they worked for, and for this long.
  • hburns03hburns03 Member Posts: 74

Rewards are out

i still haven’t gotten mine

• Darkraw346Darkraw346 Member Posts: 2,358 ★★★★★

Rewards are out

Omg man I really want Galan ill spend all the rewards on like 2 featured crystals for him now
    Mainly him cuz I already have Wiccan
    Titania can be nice but that's it