Potential Delay to v44.1 Launch

We are currently working through some issues that may affect the release window of v44.1. This means that the update may not release on Monday as it usually does. We are working to resolve the issue holding us up as quickly as possible, but will keep you all updated, especially if the delay results in any changes to the content release schedule.
Options

battlegrounds cheaters

Dr_BrownDr_Brown Posts: 225
edited November 2022 in General Discussion
im getting tired of running into cheaters in battlegrounds. to start this off i knew this match was gonna go bad cuz he was sandbagging but we drafted our champions and he had all 1 stars and 3 six stars. i started my fight and ended up taking an L, i get off the loading screen before we choose our defenders and attackers for round 2 and it said i instantly lost the whole match and didnt even get to fight the 2nd round. moving on tho i would like to point out that my first fight i locked in knull as the defender and he locked in knull for offense. the following are screenshots i took after my first fight

[image removed by moderators]
Post edited by Kabam Zibiit on

Comments

• Options
    edited November 2022
    keep in mind he didnt even have black widow claire voyant drafted or even available for selection from his deck when i banned champs [image removed by moderators]
    Post edited by Kabam Zanzibar on
  • Options
    can we post the cheater names here?
    im sick of filing reports, already put 6 reports today.

ergo i lost 6 * 90 shields to those %^(*&^%$

clearly measures after season 2 were so bad that they are still willing to do these things!
    grinding rewards and they will never have to give them back or face consequences.
  • Options
    G-Hun-GearG-Hun-Gear Posts: 1,447 ★★★★
    edited November 2022
    Dr_Brown said:

im getting tired of running into cheaters in battlegrounds. to start this off i knew this match was gonna go bad cuz he was sandbagging but we drafted our champions and he had all 1 stars and 3 six stars. i started my fight and ended up taking an L, i get off the loading screen before we choose our defenders and attackers for round 2 and it said i instantly lost the whole match and didnt even get to fight the 2nd round. moving on tho i would like to point out that my first fight i locked in knull as the defender and he locked in knull for offense. the following are screenshots i took after my first fight

To be honest: This sounds like your opponent quit the game, and you’ve won. However, due to a bug that has been present since season 1, in this case the game will show you the results of the previous fight…

Do me a favor: Check your Match history… I bet you it will show a win for that specific match… (and it will show that you had lost the match before that)

Let us know…
  • Options

Dr_Brown said:

To be honest: This sounds like your opponent quit the game, and you’ve won. However, due to a bug that has been present since season 1, in this case the game will show you the results of the previous fight…

Do me a favor: Check your Match history… I bet you it will show a win for that specific match… (and it will show that you had lost the match before that)

Let us know…
    You state that sandbagging is a bug?!
  • Options

Dr_Brown said:

Let us know…
    No. The bug is: When your opponent quits the game mid-match, the game will instantly take you to the result-page. But, it will not show the result of this current match, but instead it will show you the result of the previous match. That is the visual bug.

In the match history it will be identified correctly.

But, off-topic: I don’t think sandbagging is cheating, either. It is just the way this game mode is played, until Kabam changes the matchmaking algorithm. You should try it yourself.

But that’s another topic…
  • Options
    according to kabam it's cheating and their against fair-play rules.
    since you are proposing to do so, i guess you're one of those?
  • Options

Dr_Brown said:

Let us know…
    No. The bug is: When your opponent quits the game mid-match, the game will instantly take you to the result-page. But, it will not show the result of this current match, but instead it will show you the result of the previous match. That is the visual bug.

But, off-topic: I don’t think sandbagging is cheating, either. It is just the way this game mode is played, until Kabam changes the matchmaking algorithm. You should try it yourself.

why mentioning this if the name of the topic is: battleground cheaters?!
  • Options
    edited November 2022

Dr_Brown said:

Let us know…

why mentioning this if the name of the topic is: battleground cheaters?!
    Because OP’s Thread sounded like he believes he has encountered a modder, that was able to beat him with 1* champs… I think that might not be the case.

But please: Let’s not hijack this thread to off-topic… I am interested in what OP reports back…
  • Options

can we post the cheater names here?
    im sick of filing reports, already put 6 reports today.

ergo i lost 6 * 90 shields to those %^(*&^%$

clearly measures after season 2 were so bad that they are still willing to do these things!
    grinding rewards and they will never have to give them back or face consequences.

i have no idea because i posted screenshot evidence and a kabam member edited my post and removed the screenshots
  • Options

Dr_Brown said:

Let us know…
    no it counts as a match loss and round 2 counts as a loss even tho i never got to fight or even select an attacker or defender
  • Options
    Dr_Brown said:

Dr_Brown said:

Let us know…
    no it counts as a match loss and round 2 counts as a loss even tho i never got to fight or even select an attacker or defender
    If round 2 shows as a loss, it should show what champs were paired together…

Can you send a screenshot of the match history and a screenshot of that specific match, with both rounds, but crop out the name of your opponent?

Like this:

• Options
    edited November 2022
    I expected your match to look like this in the match history, where my opponent quit after the first match, because he only had 2* champs left in his deck… So I won with only 1 fight…

• Options

Dr_Brown said:

Dr_Brown said:

Let us know…
    If round 2 shows as a loss, it should show what champs were paired together…

Can you send a screenshot of the match history and a screenshot of that specific match, with both rounds, but crop out the name of your opponent?

Like this:

this is what it looks like for me but like i said i never did the fight
  • Options
    Ok, I give up, this looks very strange… Especially since your Spidey managed to deal 10% damage to iHulk and the fight that never happened took 36 seconds… 😂
  • Options

Ok, I give up, this looks very strange… Especially since your Spidey managed to deal 10% damage to iHulk and the fight that never happened took 36 seconds… 😂

thats what im sayin it literally makes no sense to me, im sensing another leaderboard clense for bgs this season cuz this jus isnt cool or fair
  • Options
    _Pez__Pez_ Posts: 217 ★★★
    It's pretty disheartening, 3 of my last 4 matches have been obvious cheaters, finishing fights in 6 seconds. It's just a waste of elder marks and energy at this point. All can do is click report and hope for at least 3 matches in a row with fair players.

Not sure what can be done really, people will probably always cheat, the cleanup at the end of the season is all well and good, but doesn't really solve wasted items in the victory track.
  • Options
    XeRo2468XeRo2468 Posts: 12
    How is this possible without cheating?
  • Options
    If you have evidence of suspicious behavior, you should report it to our Support Team, as they’re the best equipped to handle the next steps of opening an investigation, and calling out other players is not allowed on the forums. You can reach them from the game’s home screen by clicking the gear-shaped icon in the top-left corner of the screen and scrolling down to the button labeled “Support”. You can also reach them here.
This discussion has been closed.