**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Is there an official source on what's in the basic pool?

FineDogFineDog Posts: 403 ★★★
Featured crystals say what champions you might get but is there somewhere that says what all is in a basic or dual crystal?

Comments

• Options
    I've been playing this game for six years and I never figured that out. Incredible.
  • Options
    I think OP was looking at some post yesterday (maybe the “odds” one ?) that claimed Kabam cycles the actual champs available in general hero crystals, instead of having the full amount in them all the time.

Like PC's wouldn’t have all 225 (or whatever, all except latest featured's) in a PC every day, but that each time you open a PC (or each day ?), Kabam would only have a smaller subset of the full set available in that PC that time

Silly, but that probably spawned other posts like this one here.
  • Options

I think OP was looking at some post yesterday (maybe the “odds” one ?) that claimed Kabam cycles the actual champs available in general hero crystals, instead of having the full amount in them all the time.

Like PC's wouldn’t have all 225 (or whatever, all except latest featured's) in a PC every day, but that each time you open a PC (or each day ?), Kabam would only have a smaller subset of the full set available in that PC that time

I saw that post, and decided the best way to deal with it was to ignore it and hope it was buried and ignored. That's a silly idea, and also not all that hard to disprove, at least in the sense of crystals being manipulated to the point of making a noticeable shift in the odds of drawing duplicates. No such skew has ever been observed with statistical significance.

Any crystal manipulation that is strong enough to be noticeable by human eyes would show up in statistical analysis, and it doesn't. Any manipulation that is small enough to evade statistical analysis also cannot be noticed by the people who claim to notice it. And also would have no real value to do. It is a sizeable risk with no gain for Kabam to manipulate things in a way no one can notice and has no measurable effect on the players.
  • Options
    phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,688 ★★★★★
    What about that kid who solved the puzzle in the magazine and needed Bruce Willis to keep him alive?

I bet he would find it.
  • Options
    RocketWaffleRocketWaffle Posts: 136
    The idea that there is a rotating pool in the crystal probably stems from the fact that only 20 champs or so show up in the roulette, and if you continue spinning crystals without backing out its the same 20 or so champs each time. I'm aware that the roulette means nothing and usually the champ you get isn't even one that you see cycling through before tapping the crystal, I just think this is a possible origin of the idea.
  • Options
    Sachhyam257Sachhyam257 Posts: 976 ★★★★
    edited November 2022

They show you the most recent champs added to the crystal in the crystal buying screen. Champs are added in order of release so those that are shown and those released prior to them are all included. (Excluding some that aren't available as 6*s and some exclusive ones)

"It's right there. It includes all of them except the ones it doesn't." 😂
    Lmao. Listen, I tried being helpful but I was too lazy to actually list them off.... xD
  • Options
    altavistaaltavista Posts: 1,291 ★★★★
    To OP's point, no, there is no official source. Featured tells you all 24 champions, but as you can imagine it would be difficult to list 200+ champions when you are looking at the Basic crystal.

You can see what the newest additions are to the Basic crystals, but nothing in game tells you that Punisher or Weapon X is not in the Basic. You essentially have to trust the forum or that some random content creator has correctly created an infographic or chart that properly lists what champions are or are not in the crystal.

• Options

No actually I was looking at the thread about which champ are you hunting for and someone mentioned that they were saving for when Infamous Iron Man enters the basic pool and I realized I've been opening dual crystals for nothing, but I wasn't sure where to go to find out if a new champ has been added yet or not.
  • Options
    Spurgeon14Spurgeon14 Posts: 1,665 ★★★★

They show you the most recent champs added to the crystal in the crystal buying screen. Champs are added in order of release so those that are shown and those released prior to them are all included. (Excluding some that aren't available as 6*s and some exclusive ones)

"It's right there. It includes all of them except the ones it doesn't." 😂
    Genuis.