**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Opinions On Relics

Comments

• GreekhitGreekhit Posts: 2,807 ★★★★★
    Unnecessary addition.
  • Khellendros138Khellendros138 Posts: 513 ★★★
    Just something else to think about, that I don't care about. Not to mention its yet another way for whales to widen the gap with F2P or even just casual spenders...
  • phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,645 ★★★★★
    Can't say I'm excited by it, won't say I hate it either.

I'm too confused to care at the moment.
  • PapaMidnite007PapaMidnite007 Posts: 1,622 ★★★★
    Don't really matter much at this stage for me
  • I placed mine on a 6* champ and can barely use it because it takes too long to charge and if I’m in a fight where it takes that long to charge then the 3* does barely anything and hit once before disappearing again. For me it’s not worth pursuing or wasting resources on. I like the striker option in previous game play though that was fun and worked well. I’d prefer armour or abilities to add to champs instead as relics.
  • Saru2244Saru2244 Posts: 180
    I see the main problem in the fact that we all currently only have 3* relics and one 4* relic. Like everyone else, I've given my Relics to 6* - Champs and I've noticed virtually no effect. Either the fight is too short to load the relic or in a longer fight the opponent is so strong that the effect of a 3 * relic is hardly measurable. So much has been made of the Relics and now that we can use them all we are disappointed. It would have been better if Kabam had given the uncollected and TB at least one 5* Relic at launch so that we could have a better appreciation of what impact Relics can really have. But Kabam was probably too stingy again and so a somewhat unsatisfactory feeling remains.

• GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,192 ★★★★★
    thepiggy said:

Already starting to see long term players leaving their teams over Relics for prestige reasons. Relics are okay, but tying it to prestige is a step too far.

To be fair, that seems like a personal choice issue. Alliances choose to be that fanatical about Prestige.
  • Just_grindingJust_grinding Posts: 115
    If the relics were actual objects (stormbreaker, infinity guantlet), then they’d be a bit cooler. But it’s old champs, too complicated, and they still haven’t fixed fundamental issues in the game - matchmaking, input controls, etc). But hey let’s add in relics and 7* champs 🙄
  • MrFullStopMrFullStop Posts: 148 ★★
    for me, this is how I see them:
    pay 6k units for 1 5* relic that gives your 6*r4 champion 2% more power. and pay tons of extra currencies to rank them up and make that 2% into 6%.

for me, I'll just stick with 3* relics, and use 10% boost which I get for free.

I'd have rather getting Mastery 2.0 all day every day, which would've boosted our champions and playstyles much better in every way, shape, and form.

we were promised it would go live in 2019? not sure (first dev diary), then again in 2022, and from the look of it from inside the contest, it's not gonna happen even in 2023!!

what a shame
  • TheParasiteTheParasite Posts: 416 ★★
    kabam is just taking the baby steps on relics, so have to wait to comment
  • IdyslimIdyslim Posts: 32
    Relics is another form of champion for kabam to sell. They bring no value to your roster.

100+ crystals to win a 5* relic that boosts your champ 5% 😂

All about 💴 IMO
  • Shriek_And_DonkShriek_And_Donk Posts: 25
    edited November 2022
    Even though I'm only Uncollected I Share my opinion with most. Relics seem cool and do have beneficial bonuses towards our champions. However they seem like a way for kabam to gain more revenue and I like much others dislike the process of upgrading them its basically chasing a bonus that'll give a 5% bonus to our champions and to me this doesn't seem worth the effort. And I feel that kabam will not allow a graceful movement on how to obtain these relics I believe they will make it slow and tedious before they are actually worth chasing for a bigger bonus like 5,6 and most likely 7* relics. I feel that whenever the Ascension mechanic will arrive that it will actually be worth chasing because it might have a profound effect on younger to mid accounts such as myself.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,192 ★★★★★
    Kabam is a company, one that produces the game for both free and paying Players. Even though the studio is owned by Netmarble, there are still a number of jobs to be paid for. I never understood why people are surprised that things are monetized in the game. The lights need to stay on.
    Besides, Relics and wares aren't only acquired through spending.
  • I wasn’t that hyped for relics, as i figured they’d function differently. After trying them out, I think they still need work
  • Hector_1475Hector_1475 Posts: 1,770 ★★★★★
    edited November 2022
    The best thing about Relics is that for my personal overall progression level and Prestige irrelevance, I can completely ignore them. They bring minimal value to my roster and champion abilities and they matter most in game modes I’m not too fanatical about (BGs and perhaps War).

In a nutshell, I’m not gonna bother with them.
  • little_knownlittle_known Posts: 20
    edited December 2022
    I really dislike relics. They seem like such a lazy addition to the game. They have zero tie in to the marvel world or even the story in game. The striker looks completely out of place and just looks like a very haphazard out of place addition - especially in a game with such amazing graphics and (historically) slick movement and controls. They look really out of place and in every way just seem like a way for the company to make money. I like you don’t have to use them at the moment but if they become essential to the game I’m out. Really disappointed with where the game has been heading. Controls are still terrible 18 months on. Having to pay real money to revive as a result of controls not working really bugs me. I wouldn’t mind and be totally accepting if that wasn’t the case but as I pay real money to compensate (I don’t have the time to grind) it’s just not right. Having said all that battlegrounds are a great addition so kudus to the game team for that.
  • MaxGamingMaxGaming Posts: 3,204 ★★★★★
    Thor relic made nova a god
  • TheLightBringerTheLightBringer Posts: 453 ★★★★
    They should've been like objectives for example Juggernaut's helmt, Thor's hammer, Cap shield but making them actual characters totally killed any bits of hype I had for them, so at this point I don't really care, I attach any relic to any champ just for combo extension