Options

How do you like the new AQ changes?

1235»

Comments

• Options
    Wozzle007Wozzle007 Posts: 943 ★★★★★
    I think the glory store changes look good on the surface, but as soon as cyber weekend is done, I think it will look outdated already. I think the aim was to try and push people to run a higher map, but I don’t see how this update does that. After all these years of AQ I think there was an expectation that the node would actually receive an actual update with some fundamental changes, not just a lick of paint. But oh well. I guess the store will be ok for a while.
  • Options
    Ironman3000Ironman3000 Posts: 1,919 ★★★★★
    Considering we're probably over a year away from them getting upgrade again, these changes are not nearly enough.
  • Options
    SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Posts: 4,268 ★★★★★
    @Kabam Team
    Genuine Question:
    What are your thoughts on the health points in AQ revives and potions.
  • Options
    PetieCameronPetieCameron Posts: 260
    We need kingpin back in his conclave fed up with stupid namless
  • Options
    SpagNidusSpagNidus Posts: 51
    These changes are all good, but not nearly enough. Our alliance has fully stepped back from aq and these changes aren't even remotely enough to bring us back. Our rewards are nearly the same running a casual map 4 as we were getting at competitive map 6. this mid tier gap needs addressed badly. And more than anything potions need to be 1 tenth the cost and better available. AQ is one of the only game modes in contest that doesn't provide any of the resources to run itself.
  • Options
    SHIELD4AGENTSHIELD4AGENT Posts: 915 ★★★★
    I like it, gets me 1 step closer to Paragon. I'm 1.5 t6basic and t3alpha away from my 3rd R4, 6* Knull.
  • Options
    IdyslimIdyslim Posts: 32
    Why no T6CC ?
  • Options
    ShadowstrikeShadowstrike Posts: 3,094 ★★★★★
    TyEdge said:

You don’t climb a mountain by jumping and landing at the summit. You get there a bit at a time. I moved from map 5 to 6 to 7. Our prestige improved with time, so our score climbed. There’s almost no reason to push from 400mil to 550mil.

The milestones that award 3400 glory would actually align perfectly for 34-35-36-37-38-3900 glory. This would compensate players for the risk, effort, and progression.

The current system sets up a fork in the road where there’s very little downside to trying LESS and a huge downside to trying more - if you need to use glory for ANY items, it doesn’t make economic sense to do that map. If you would ever fail to clear a map, it’s a huge loss compared to what you gain by pushing ahead.

This should be the focal point for everybody complaining about cost and benefit and rewards but unfortunately we do live in an era where people with enough money can literally be taken to the top of Everest and only have to do a quarter of the work, so while the metaphor is appropriate, it's also suffering from the reality of modern day patience.
  • Options
    Spurgeon14Spurgeon14 Posts: 1,665 ★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

Team_Sly said:

Don’t like the change about opening all your crystals, I see no point in this what so ever, why can’t we use them as we need them. Just another cash grab by Kabam.

They are simply stating here a policy they've had for a very long time: at the point where a crystal becomes obsolete (i.e. they stop awarding it) at some future point they can choose to force open them to clear the inventory manifest on the servers. This is something that is true for all crystals, not just the map crystals.

The map crystals might be more likely to be forced open than some other long-obsolete crystals in that they contain a lot of economic value that hangs over the game. Any future decisions about resources that are contained within those crystals have to account for the outstanding value in them across the playerbase, and that's a further development costs to keeping them around forever.

Specifically *because* there are players with a lot of them, they are giving far more advanced warning about this than they normally do for other crystals.
    Bad take. In large part there is hoarding of these crystals because there was no incentive to open them (meaning the "reward" has been lackluster aka obsolete for ages) and they also penalized players from opening too many of them at once because too many items go into overflow without being able to be used.
  • Options
    Kozak_KirillKozak_Kirill Posts: 11
    Amazing glory store! I'm happy with changes.
  • Options
    Anyone know if the relics are worth buying with glory ?
  • Options
    willrun4adonutwillrun4adonut Posts: 3,246 ★★★★★
    I love the new AQ changes. Great QOL improvement. Get glory AND cancel AQ? Keep it up Kabam. That's what I'm thankful for for Thanksgiving too
  • Options
    How does everyone feel about the new modifiers ?
  • Options
    ShadowstrikeShadowstrike Posts: 3,094 ★★★★★
    Idyslim said:

How does everyone feel about the new modifiers ?

Too early to tell, we only got to use them twice before this week went Belly Up
  • Options
    Is there an update if the modifiers have been fixed ?