Is sandbagging finally fixed or is it just me?

ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Member Posts: 5,378 ★★★★★
I've been playing a lot of BG for the past two days and I haven't been getting that many sandbaggers, sure I get a couple every now and then but it's no longer most matches like when season 3 began.

All the sandbaggers I've played against are always in the same league as me, and then even the ones that aren't sandbagging and the modders are also in the same league as me. This leads me to believe that matchmaking is now completely random and based on the league you're in (as it should be) which means you can still get matched with someone attempting to sandbag not because they loaded 1* and 2* champs but because matchmaking is completely random now, if they'd loaded up their top champs and you both started looking for a match at the same time you still would've got matched with them. They're pretty much handicapping themselves with no benefits whatsoever and will probably lose most of their matches since they can now get matched with someone from their same level with a full stacked up deck while they only have half.

Furthermore, I attempted to sandbag myself to see who I'd get matched with and the results were the same as when I didn't sandbag, got a couple sandbaggers from different levels but lost most of my matches because I was matched with people with complete decks (my level and from other levels but always same league). Thoughs? Curious to know if it's been like this for anyone else too.

Comments

• CyborgNinja135CyborgNinja135 Member Posts: 1,118 ★★★★
    I got a couple of them last season. This season I hadn't encountered any until today when I came across someone with a couple of 4* and 1* in their deck. Just that one player tho. Everyone else I get paired against has a similar deck to mine
  • ChiliDogChiliDog Member Posts: 892 ★★★
    I haven't encountered any lately. I have stated many times on here that I don't care if I face the best in my tier as long as I face the worst too. Unfortunately, I do not seem to be getting any of the "worst too" recently. I am losing a lot more this season, especially recently. I haven't won a single game in like 2 days. 8-10 rounds I'd guess. I know I am not very good, but wow...I got bruises over here.
  • ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Member Posts: 5,378 ★★★★★
    ChiliDog said:

I haven't encountered any lately. I have stated many times on here that I don't care if I face the best in my tier as long as I face the worst too. Unfortunately, I do not seem to be getting any of the "worst too" recently. I am losing a lot more this season, especially recently. I haven't won a single game in like 2 days. 8-10 rounds I'd guess. I know I am not very good, but wow...I got bruises over here.

I've faced some Paragons and I'm not even in gold yet so my guess is you can get matched with opponents weaker than you but it's very unlikely. Maybe matchmaking tries to match you with someone with the same overall rating as yours and if it can't find someone it starts moving up and if it still can't find someone it goes down? cause I've barely faced three or four weaker opponents than me, every other match has been either stronger or same level as me with the majority being same level as me.
    Yeah that happens to me too but only when I fight certain champs. Longshot and Overseer mainly.
  • Dragoon81Dragoon81 Member Posts: 147 ★★
    Yeah I have not ran into any sandbaggers only whales so going to say it is not random.
    IamGrO_ot said:

Well, I just tried. Ran a 50/50 deck with R3s and 2*s and met 50/50 decks with R4/3s and 2*s.

Then I ran my best deck 1 R4 19 R3s 10 5/65s, and faced about the same or better decks.

Conclusion, I doubt it has been removed.

Well, you need more than two matches to reach a conclusion considering the amount of players out there, hence I've been doing this for two days straight.
  • gforcefangforcefan Member Posts: 394 ★★★
    So I have 10 matches. I am Paragon and always get paragon, no matter my deck. I am waiting for the "Random" easy match.....
  • AverageDesiAverageDesi Member Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★
    My roster has half a dozen rank 4s. But i got matched to people with half 5* roster. It's not sandbagging it's prolly just random
    gforcefan said:

So I have 10 matches. I am Paragon and always get paragon, no matter my deck. I am waiting for the "Random" easy match.....

Two things:
    1. The higher the league, the lower the chances of getting a weaker opponent than you since weak people are not going to be in the high leagues and you can only get matched with people in your league now.
    2. As I mentioned, I've barely faced any weaker opponents too which leads me to believe that yes while the matchmaking is random, it'll always try to match you with equal or stronger opponents first.

I don't know 100% what they did and I can't answer with certainty why you aren't getting weaker opponents but what I do now is that whatever changes they made, have indeed impacted sandbagging.
  • gforcefangforcefan Member Posts: 394 ★★★

My roster has half a dozen rank 4s. But i got matched to people with half 5* roster. It's not sandbagging it's prolly just random

What title are you? Maybe it is Random within your title?
    I am 13 matches in and only get other paragons. I have had way fewer r3 in every match because I only get Paragons.
    gforcefan said:

What title are you? Maybe it is Random within your title?
    I am 13 matches in and only get other paragons. I have had way fewer r3 in every match because I only get Paragons.
    Currently Gold 3, which last season took me two whole weeks to achieve due to sandbaggers. If you just started and you're in bronze then I have absolutely no idea, as I said I could be wrong about what matchmaking is like now, Kabam claims it's random as shown in the screenshot but who knows. I just know the sandbagging issue has been fixed to a certain extent for me at least.
  • willrun4adonutwillrun4adonut Member Posts: 4,135 ★★★★★
    I'm ready to bring on the hate. I was stuck in platinum 1 for five days due to sandbaggers. I then sandbagger last night, got six sandbaggers and one non-sandbagger (whom I forfeited against) and was able to advance to vibranium where I put my regular deck back together.

I'm ready to bring on the hate. I was stuck in platinum 1 for five days due to sandbaggers. I then sandbagger last night, got six sandbaggers and one non-sandbagger (whom I forfeited against) and was able to advance to vibranium where I put my regular deck back together.

I don't think sandbagging is really going to give you any advantages anymore but if it worked for you well then good. Certainly didn't work for me and my matches have been waaay easier with my top champs.
  • TheLegend27TheLegend27 Member Posts: 1,316 ★★★★★
    How does sandbagging even work? I run my normal deck at all times (has 16 R4 6* champs and the rest R3 6* champs with an account prestige of 15,836 not counting relics). Despite that, I matched up against a guy with half his deck as 1*/2* champs, a handful of 4* champs, and the rest were mid-ranked 5* champs...lol, man stood a negative % chance of winning.

The guy's prestige isn't even anywhere close to mine. His is at 12,808. This match-up made no sense to me and made me realize I have no clue how BG matchmaking works. For reference, this happened in Plat 1.

How does sandbagging even work? I run my normal deck at all times (has 16 R4 6* champs and the rest R3 6* champs with an account prestige of 15,836 not counting relics). Despite that, I matched up against a guy with half his deck as 1*/2* champs, a handful of 4* champs, and the rest were mid-ranked 5* champs...lol, man stood a negative % chance of winning.

The guy's prestige isn't even anywhere close to mine. His is at 12,808. This match-up made no sense to me and made me realize I have no clue how BG matchmaking works. For reference, this happened in Plat 1.

As I mentioned and as Kabam claims, it's now completely random and based on leagues so sandbagging doesn't work anymore. Not surprised you matched someone doing this though, it seems like some people are under the notion that it still works not realizing that if they do match weaker players sometimes it was just good luck and not because they loaded up a bunch of weak champs.
  • TheHeroDeservedTheHeroDeserved Member Posts: 751 ★★★
    Now that this matchmaking has been removed (for the better, of course), I hope a season of BG could focus on 3* or 4*. It would be nice to shake these OG champs who's currently on the arena bench.
  • KerneasKerneas Member Posts: 3,803 ★★★★★
    I met 1/4 fights I went. Kicked their butt so np by me
  • ThorTheCoolThorTheCool Member Posts: 16
    It's not fixed all I face is sandbagger

It's not fixed all I face is sandbagger

Really? Let's see then.
  • WoodsjrWoodsjr Member Posts: 64
    I feel like it's def improved. I just finished diamond 1 into vibranium. I matched 3 in diamond 1 that tried it but I have a full deck. Of r4's and r3's 6*'s.
  • GomezlinkGomezlink Member Posts: 227
    Well, the sandbaggins, it can even be unfair, but it's not illegal, since Kabam provides us with champions with these rarities... I was locked in vibranium, I put 10 champions of 1* and I got the 5 consecutive fights
  • CytaCyta Member Posts: 101

I think it's getting there my account isn't massive but it's solid 5 r4's mostly r3's an maybe 4 r2's in my deck I wish I got a screen shot but I matched a full 2* deck an he quit instantly. It was too fast to catch a snap of it lol

It might have been me... i just loved to play that deck till today...was still facing people with 3-4* and few 1*, but most of the time it was just full deck of 2*...made things equal and fun!!! Sadly it is not possible anymore.. I have the "bad luck" of having 5r4, all max sig, preety good prestige, and now i have to face people with 10+ r4s and stuff..not equal anymore, not fun anymore...but, any kabam feature has ups and downs I guess
  • Dragoon81Dragoon81 Member Posts: 147 ★★
    Going to go out on a limb here and say it is not random but based on Prestige now not deck. Which is going to hurt a lot of people still.

Marry Christmas, I went and made a full 4* Deck and ran out some energy. You can see everyone I fought was above my Prestige.

Small sample I know.
  • CytaCyta Member Posts: 101
    I just thought of something interesting...making few new accounts, till i get 30 champs..and go to bg..dont think there are many under 1k prestige accounts out there, so in most cases i will be facing myself...with 10 accounts, i could grind myself to top 10 on all of them...no cheating, just playin by their new rules :)))
  • KillSwitchKillSwitch Member Posts: 283 ★★★
    Had it happen a number of times in this new season and it’s been very frustrating