**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Is sandbagging finally fixed or is it just me?

13»

Comments

• Options
    JMartin5437JMartin5437 Posts: 19
    Nope, sandbagging is still happening.
  • Options
    ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Posts: 3,289 ★★★★★

Nope, sandbagging is still happening.

Weird, these past two days I haven't faced a single Paragon or TB sandbagger. I've faced Cav and UC sandbaggers but I won all those matches because they just put themselves at a huge disadvantage. Since matchmaking is random now, if you do get matched with one of those that's just bad luck in general, they're probably losing more matches than winning otherwise there would still be a massive amount of complaints on the forums as per usual.
  • Options
    Bugmat78 said:

I think it's fixed but can't be sure but I think the fact I got matched with one with my deck with 6r4 and 6r3 indicates yes. Got matched up with a sandbagger in Gold 1 who had at least 8 1* champs - he quit after the first round :D

Yeah same here. Out of 8 matches 3 were sandbaggers, two of them Cavalier, the other one UC, won all three fights because they didn't have good counters for my defenders lmao now I'm the one getting free wins, better take advantage of this while it lasts cause eventually they'll realize sandbagging doesn't work anymore 🤣
  • Options
    “maybe”

Being UC with a 10.1 prestige.

So far after confirmed change, full top Deck, have got matched against 10.2, 10.7 (about 5 times), and 10.8, all CAV (none UC).
    And 1 time against an 11.2 TB (single odd case of being matched 2 progressions away).

*guess I could wonder why none of the 7-some matches were against either lower prestige or even at same UC progression, every one was against a higher prestige/progression. But they’re not too out of whack.

Of which, so latest change worked to start matching me against those 10.xxx range even while I still had either 4* or “Gifting” decks in use, instead of lower PI opponents more in line with the 4*max level equivalents it had been doing before.

And still matching only within same current (lower end) Medal sub-bracket (or couple times just 1 sub-bracket # away), which had also been the case all along prior to yesterday too.

Also before change I don’t recall getting matched against any TB then either (were all either UC or CAV), no matter if using top deck, 4* deck, or “Gifting” deck.
  • Options
    ElwindElwind Posts: 364 ★★★
    No. It's just you
  • Options
    If you go back and read the two other whole pages full of comments you'll realize you're wrong lol.
  • Options
    Paul_Paul_ Posts: 19
    edited December 2022
    Kabam Jax said:

Additionally, we updated the BG matchmaking system yesterday

I believe with current system you will experience drop in hours played by users. Conclusion: is not about fair rules, is about fun and hours which you play the game. That converts in some instances in units (coz you want to do better in league charts etc). EA is very good at it: your BG was nothing else then Fifa Mobile matchmaking couple years ago. Is not always about how good you are in live to achive a success - there are other factors like luck, hardworking. Before - I could use the 3-4 stars designed team. Use the tuffest opponnents in the game and win with those talented youngsters with great skills not beign so good. With hard work (hours spend) i could be 1st in the league (and spend units to play). Now - whats the point of playing? I get some Paragons players and even if i matched with similliar indexes... Im might be s°° playing, i cant create advantage. My skill with the age is not like those youngsters, and no one like to lose. No one does. Some people just take it easy. For me ...it was fun to twick 3-4 stars team to achive results. Playing on the same level ..no skill, no point, and we have to agree that not everyone will be so skillfull :) Also those older players they usually more financially indepentent who dont mind spending little bit here and there just for fun. So what would be the point of spending money on BG if because of your skill you cant win? :smiley:
  • Options
    JChillnJChilln Posts: 6
    My alt account just can't seem to do BG anymore with this new matchmaking. Made it to Gold II with the old way of match making but now it takes around 30 minutes of resetting the 3 minute match clock to even get a match-up. I'm guessing I wouldn't get to Gold if this matchmaking's there at the beginning but I'd probably be getting quicker match-ups down at bronze/silver.
  • Options
    Ronnyman889Ronnyman889 Posts: 179
    Sandbagging is very much alive. Met a bunch of them. Cavalier, paragon ant throne breakers. Using a mix of 6*r3/4 and 1*and 2*. Kabam give them the upper hand too where they are never forced to use any of the lower champ's.

The fix they did is a.joke and insult to the fair players
  • Options
    ThiartcThiartc Posts: 265 ★★
    edited December 2022

Graves_3 said:

Looks like matchmaking shifted to prestige based now. Guess I can go back to getting my 3 fights for objectives. No point spending more energy or elder marks.

Did you try a couple fights? If it is based on prestige then my question is how big of a gap can there be in prestige when it matches you with someone. If the gap isn't huge it shouldn't be much of a problem
    You clearly have no idea how at the top prestige is a very poor indicator of roster strength.

When you're UC, like yourself, and only have a few great champs, you rank them and your prestige is a pretty good representation of your roster. The higher you get and the bigger your roster gets prestige become less and less and indicator of roster strength. A paragon with 5 r4s can have the same or better prestige as someone with 20+.

For once i have to agree with you.

Prestige takes top 5, so i have 5 max 6*, next guy has 15, our prestige is the same. I ban his top 3 he does the same, so he as 12 top champs to pic i have 2, round one is even, round 2 and 3 is a dog show for me?
  • Options
    SearmenisSearmenis Posts: 1,545 ★★★★★
    Exactly. Prestige fix destroyed the game mode for middle range, ftp and new paragon players.
  • Options

Sandbagging is very much alive. Met a bunch of them. Cavalier, paragon ant throne breakers. Using a mix of 6*r3/4 and 1*and 2*. Kabam give them the upper hand too where they are never forced to use any of the lower champ's.

The fix they did is a.joke and insult to the fair players

It's not the attempted sandbagging that caused you to match against them.
    Matching no longer is dragged down by inserting very low champs for half of your deck.

Unfortunately you would have been able to match against them o matter how they decided to build their deck.

If some of those people haven’t adjusted their sandbagging-built decks yet (not knowing fix was made in past couple days), that may be why you’ll still see them as some opponents (but it's not because of the sandbagging).
  • Options

Graves_3 said:

Looks like matchmaking shifted to prestige based now. Guess I can go back to getting my 3 fights for objectives. No point spending more energy or elder marks.

Did you try a couple fights? If it is based on prestige then my question is how big of a gap can there be in prestige when it matches you with someone. If the gap isn't huge it shouldn't be much of a problem
    You clearly have no idea how at the top prestige is a very poor indicator of roster strength.

When you're UC, like yourself, and only have a few great champs, you rank them and your prestige is a pretty good representation of your roster. The higher you get and the bigger your roster gets prestige become less and less and indicator of roster strength. A paragon with 5 r4s can have the same or better prestige as someone with 20+.

You didn't understand my comment at all since you're too focused on trying to argue with me now that you can't sandbag anymore lmao sucks to be you. So, my question was "how much of a gap can there be if it is based on prestige", you gonna answer that or reply with another strawman?
  • Options
    Ironman3000Ironman3000 Posts: 1,919 ★★★★★

Graves_3 said:

You didn't understand my comment at all since you're too focused on trying to argue with me now that you can't sandbag anymore lmao sucks to be you. So, my question was "how much of a gap can there be if it is based on prestige", you gonna answer that or reply with another strawman?
    I already answered that. One guy has 5 r4s and the other has 20+ yet they have the same prestige. It's really not hard to understand.
  • Options
    edited December 2022

Graves_3 said:

I already answered that. One guy has 5 r4s and the other has 20+ yet they have the same prestige. It's really not hard to understand.
    Bruh, you still don't get the question? Jesus your reading comprehension. I'm asking you how much of a gap in prestige can there be for two people to get matched since you clearly don't get matched with people with the exact same prestige as you. I'm not asking you if there can be a gap between Paragons or not and how, I already knew that lmao.
  • Options
    Paul_Paul_ Posts: 19
    Hi Kabam Jax,
    Those your play time stats incrased or dicrased? One of our guys out of 13 games won 2... I barely play. I really had so much fun playing it before with 3° 4°. Maybe you could create like you do from time time Arenas - you could create a 2nd deck (not for 1000 units) and max 4° (limitations are easy to do). This way, those who can not match with Paragons or simply have 6-7 6° R3 and have to choice wisely who they progress in the game - can match with 4° max? Think about this if your stats will start showing that people playing less.
  • Options
    Ironman3000Ironman3000 Posts: 1,919 ★★★★★

Graves_3 said:

Bruh, you still don't get the question? Jesus your reading comprehension. I'm asking you how much of a gap in prestige can there be for two people to get matched since you clearly don't get matched with people with the exact same prestige as you. I'm not asking you if there can be a gap between Paragons or not and how, I already knew that lmao.
    That question makes no sense. Prestige should have nothing to do with matchmaking.
  • Options

Graves_3 said:

That question makes no sense. Prestige should have nothing to do with matchmaking.
    It does make sense because it looks like that's how matchmaking works now which is why I'm asking.
    When did I say it should? Dude you really can't read or respond logically and it's sending me lmao.