**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Where are the AQ Rewards?? [updated: 12-07, 2:30pm PT]

Comments

• Blackfriar63Blackfriar63 Posts: 91
    Searmenis said:

Wozzle007 said:

Still no Aq Comp

Hopefully at least an update soon.
    I think the update will say we are aiming to get the rewards/compensation out by the end of the week.
    ...and it will come out on Friday :p
    But which Friday? And what week?
  • Hopper13131Hopper13131 Posts: 65
    We have a BG that couldn't even get to the boss today because they're out of glory and potions/revives. So I hope there's additional compensation since Kabam's failure to send out last week's AQ rewards is now impacting our placement for this AQ. This is utter trash
  • TheCleanerTheCleaner Posts: 28
    The stated goal was to distribute the AQ rewards by the end of the week. Please communicate the new goal.
  • spidyjedi84spidyjedi84 Posts: 261 ★★

Just got SA rank rewards, but not peak milestone rewards yet... and nothing for AQ either. Waiting, waiting...

This one confunds me the most. Uusually, summoner advancement is there by the evening that event concludes, but I've not seen any rank rewards or peak milestone rewards in my alliance for last week's event yet. It's not an event directly after Daylight Savings Time which I'd understand a slight delay on, but weeks after that and still no explanation as to why rewards for this are still delayed.

Banquet doesn't start until Dec. 20, but needing to be in the Alliance you want to be part of needs to happen by Dec. 6/7 area, which again, goes to delayed rewards are going to hurt players with hard decisions. Especially since we have war season rewards coming out by hopefully midweek of this week...(not holding my breath based on the past week's hiccups).
  • DalBotDalBot Posts: 1,616 ★★★★★
    So... I assume no updates on the AQ or SA issues hunh? Why exactly should any of us have confidence in BG or EoP or Banquet rewards at this point?
  • CobraSCobraS Posts: 56

Hey all,

Just a heads up: The goal is still to get this out today, but there is a possibility it won't be out until early next week.

Seems we are put in hold with this compensation. With this speed we will get the rewards for this aq round sooner then the compensatiin that is promissed. Maybe some clearance what the problem is why this is tsking so long. It ia almost 2 weeks now.

So why does it take so ling.
  • ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Posts: 3,279 ★★★★★

Chikel said:

Y'all should calm down. Rewards will come tomorrow

They had almost a week and a half to figure it out but couldn't? Come on man, it's not even a coding nightmare they're just lazy.
    Can you explain how it's not a coding nightmare? Can you explain exactly how Kabam could have done it earlier? I can only assume you have insider knowledge in their processes to be able to make a bold statement like you just did.
    What do you mean how it's not a coding nightmare all they have to do is look back at the rewards they sent last AQ and send them again it isn't rocket science lmao I don't have insider knowledge but I have something called a brain which gives me the ability to think logically, you don't?
  • Dragoon81Dragoon81 Posts: 147 ★★

Chikel said:

They had almost a week and a half to figure it out but couldn't? Come on man, it's not even a coding nightmare they're just lazy.
    Can you explain how it's not a coding nightmare? Can you explain exactly how Kabam could have done it earlier? I can only assume you have insider knowledge in their processes to be able to make a bold statement like you just did.
    What do you mean how it's not a coding nightmare all they have to do is look back at the rewards they sent last AQ and send them again it isn't rocket science lmao I don't have insider knowledge but I have something called a brain which gives me the ability to think logically, you don't?
    It actually is a pretty easy SQL or similar query to their database, I could do it in half an hour and I don’t typically work with DBs. But honestly we get rewards and didn’t even have to play I think we can wait.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    Just got partial SA rewards. Well played, Kabam.
  • Blackfriar63Blackfriar63 Posts: 91
    SA peak milestones appeared in my inventory overflow, not via in game email.

• TheBair123TheBair123 Posts: 5,344 ★★★★★
    At least they’re doing something…

• DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,009 ★★★★★

Chikel said:

So if it's that simple, why would it take this long? I'm well aware you don't have insider knowledge as that was a rhetorical question. It's never as simple as you think it is.
  • RawrasurusRawrasurus Posts: 50 ★★
    Seems like they took holidays early this year. Can’t believe how long its taking them to send this out.
  • TheBair123TheBair123 Posts: 5,344 ★★★★★

Chikel said:

So if it's that simple, why would it take this long? I'm well aware you don't have insider knowledge as that was a rhetorical question. It's never as simple as you think it is.
    Because they're lazy, that's why. I praise the devs when they deserve to be praised but almost two weeks just to send out a bunch of rewards when they've literally done other stuff that actually can be a coding nightmare such as changing matchmaking in Battlegrounds in less than a week?
    i think if they could've clicked a few buttons and sent out rewards, they would've done it already. don't assume that someone is lazy just because it's not getting done. if you have no idea what they have to do to send out the rewards, don't say that they can just click a few buttons and do it
  • ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Posts: 3,279 ★★★★★
    Dragoon81 said:

Chikel said:

It actually is a pretty easy SQL or similar query to their database, I could do it in half an hour and I don’t typically work with DBs. But honestly we get rewards and didn’t even have to play I think we can wait.
    I had no issue waiting initially either. However, first they promised us they'd give them to us by the end of last week, nothing. Then they changed it to early next week, it's already Monday and still nothing. At some point some of us get tired of them lying that's all.
  • SparhaukSparhauk Posts: 22

Searmenis said:

Wozzle007 said:

Still no Aq Comp

Hopefully at least an update soon.
    I think the update will say we are aiming to get the rewards/compensation out by the end of the week.
    ...and it will come out on Friday :p
    But which Friday? And what week?
    What year would be more like it...
  • SparhaukSparhauk Posts: 22

Chikel said:

Because they're lazy, that's why. I praise the devs when they deserve to be praised but almost two weeks just to send out a bunch of rewards when they've literally done other stuff that actually can be a coding nightmare such as changing matchmaking in Battlegrounds in less than a week?
    i think if they could've clicked a few buttons and sent out rewards, they would've done it already. don't assume that someone is lazy just because it's not getting done. if you have no idea what they have to do to send out the rewards, don't say that they can just click a few buttons and do it
    I assume they are overworked from the level of screwed up the overall state of the game is.
  • DalBotDalBot Posts: 1,616 ★★★★★

Chikel said:

Why you ask? Because it's not a monetized fix, that's why. Things that directly impact monetization will ALWAYS take priority over other issues
  • TheLightBringerTheLightBringer Posts: 453 ★★★★
    Kabam Jax said:

Hey Summoners,

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but unfortunately the team has hit a snag in the process of getting these rewards out and the timeline has been updated to target Wednesday this week. Apologies from the game team and the community team alike.

There are a lot of theories in this thread about what's taking so long and why it should be "so simple" so I wanted to shed some light onto the situation.

It is not as simple as copy+paste as some have suggested. One team has to run data queries to gather all of the placements of players from the previous season to set a "map" of who is getting what ranking of rewards. I don't know the exact intricacies of this process, but it does involve a lot more manual work than you would expect.

After we have this map, the new rewards need to be attached to it, another manual process with margin for error. Time is taken to make sure there are not errors in the process, which unfortunately lengthens the wait. To the best of my knowledge, the snag in the timeline this time around has come in updating the rewards from the previous season to Season 10's reward scale, yet another manual process impacting thousands of players.

After all of this is finished, there's yet another process of setting the rewards live in the game and distributing them to all accounts.

If you've seen our previous post discussing the tools used to manage banning modders, this might seem familiar. It is many more steps than meets the eye and our systems do not automate the process. It is something that is being worked on and we're hoping to grow better equipped as time goes on.

Tyt, I'm out of gold and iso to rank any champs anyway lol
  • Muz_stang1Muz_stang1 Posts: 2
    edited December 2022
    Can we our aq rewards soon?