**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Controller compatible

If people have asked this already, my apologies, but I’m wondering if the game can be made controller compatible?

Is there any possibility of that happening? I find clamminess or sweat on the hands can sometimes make it difficult to swipe, or you can get ghost swipes or something. In the heat of a hard battle (ie, EOP fights) sometimes one can get worked up and then the screen doesn't register a swipe properly and you lose.

Would it be a simple addition? I was looking to get the backbone controller and then just map all the games commands to the buttons accordingly. I don't think it would give me any particular advantage as much as it would just alleviate certain issues one may have.

Would love to know peoples thoughts :)

Comments

• Options
    Señor DudeSeñor Dude Posts: 67
    Definitely thought about this before, and I actually think it could work, using a cursor on the screen to select buttons. The C-stick could be used for dash attacks or something, and light attacks could be triggers? Idk, but I am a strong believer that this could work.
  • Options
    Ironman3000Ironman3000 Posts: 1,919 ★★★★★
    That's modding and you'll get banned.
  • Options
    BadahBadah Posts: 245 ★★
    edited December 2022
    I think it can be done using an Android Tv box, you can install the game from the play store and connecting a USB joystick controller, perhaps a Bluetooth one? Never tried, but probably you’ll have problems with the timing of the inputs… might try it just for fun, just to play the game on a big screen :)

Edit: perhaps the remote from the Tv box can be used as a controller as well :)

Just remembered, perhaps a laptop with Chrome Os might work as well
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,038 ★★★★★

That's modding and you'll get banned.

It's not. There are several devices that have controller attachments. Modding would be hacking the game and that's not what a controller does. The only way it would be against ToS is if played through an emulator with a controller on a PC.
  • Options
    Badah said:

I think it can be done using an Android Tv box, you can install the game from the play store and connecting a USB joystick controller, perhaps a Bluetooth one? Never tried, but probably you’ll have problems with the timing of the inputs… might try it just for fun, just to play the game on a big screen :)

Technically yes, a Chromebook can download the game but Miike has stated before that the game is not meant for a laptop. It would work better on one that turns into a tablet but it's really big.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★

Badah said:

Technically yes, a Chromebook can download the game but Miike has stated before that the game is not meant for a laptop. It would work better on one that turns into a tablet but it's really big.
    Sort of. The only approved method of using a laptop is with a Chromebook capable of downloading Apps through the Google Play Store. Otherwise, any software that modifies the game files or installs through 3rd-Party means is prohibited.
  • Options
    CoppinCoppin Posts: 2,601 ★★★★★
    As much input issues as we have/had.. probably not the best idea...
  • Options
    Quick update: tried to install the game on my android TV box, but it doesn’t appear in the play store, probably because my tv box comes with root active by default. Too bad, it would have been nice to play the game on a big tv :smile: even if I would get 5 combos in the face because I wouldn’t be able to parry or block on time :smiley:
  • Options
    Badah said:

Quick update: tried to install the game on my android TV box, but it doesn’t appear in the play store, probably because my tv box comes with root active by default. Too bad, it would have been nice to play the game on a big tv :smile: even if I would get 5 combos in the face because I wouldn’t be able to parry or block on time :smiley:

Didn’t think it would be available on a TV Box.

Just because it is Android (and uses Google Play Store), doesn’t mean that the game can be found and installed on any device using Google Play Store.
    It has additional requirements built into the App's availability regarding different devices or OS versions, etc.

And from the VERY little I looked up about TV Apps (even Apps meant to be used for Video streaming, etc), they can maybe be a real pain to use with even just whatever remote or controller you have for them.
  • Options
    firemoon712firemoon712 Posts: 546 ★★★
    Someone asked about using a PS4 controller for MCOC in a different thread.
    This was Miike's response.

Of course, this was 2020 so the feeling probably changed.
    If you want my opinion, playing MCOC with a controller sounds like a nightmare.
  • Options

Someone asked about using a PS4 controller for MCOC in a different thread.
    This was Miike's response.

Of course, this was 2020 so the feeling probably changed.
    If you want my opinion, playing MCOC with a controller sounds like a nightmare.

They just plain don't work. I bought a attachment made my Razor and you can't even fight using the controller. Worked for other games but not MCOC.
  • Options
    edited December 2022
    Update: yes, it is possible to install the game on an android tv box, (I found an old box that was “unrooted”) but unfortunately the USB controllers are unable to start the game. Don’t have a Bluetooth controller at the moment to test, but I believe that if the usb controller doesn’t work, the Bluetooth won’t work either…