Options

MCOC Defenders Tier List

2»

Comments

• Options
    CyborgNinja135CyborgNinja135 Posts: 1,114 ★★★★

Quake may pose a challenge to new players

How??? And how can Aegon and Angela somehow pose a threat?
  • Options
    Rbk19Rbk19 Posts: 195 ★★
    I dont know how aegon and groot are better defenders than hulkling.
  • Options
    ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Posts: 3,464 ★★★★★
    edited December 2022
    Angela above Korg, Rintrah, Sauron and Knull? You can't be serious...

Edit: you put Rintrah on average this has to be satire lmao.
  • Options
    007Bishop007Bishop Posts: 365 ★★★
    Terra said:

I'm just gonna address that top row.
    Bishop gets clowned on by Yondu for example. Easy matchup.
    Doom just need to DoT him to death, Specials are easily evadable.
    Domino is a cakewalk with Guardian.
    Thing is hardcountered by Falcon.

Also, BPCW in God? Last I checked, people know when and when not to parry.

Ah yes, one champ can counter another, therefore bad defender lol
  • Options
    007Bishop007Bishop Posts: 365 ★★★
    edited December 2022
    What a nice tier list by a nice man. I sure do hope he doesn't get chewed by the community
  • Options
    FrostGiantLordFrostGiantLord Posts: 1,663 ★★★★
    @007Bishop, thank you for the support!
  • Options
    Hera1d_of_Ga1actusHera1d_of_Ga1actus Posts: 2,439 ★★★★★
    edited December 2022
    Personally I would put Aegon into the beyond god tier, when you hit him he gets furies and does big damage back, not many champs can take unlimited damage and eventually they all die to Aegon

ALSO, why is Hulkling so high on the list??? should be a tier lower imo
  • Options
    IamGrO_otIamGrO_ot Posts: 172 ★★

IamGrO_ot said:

There's prob a lot I don't know about MCOC, but Angela is my mvp for almost all content.

She is virtually useless as a defender.

Claire will nullify her before she gets 3 buffs, Doom will also **** slap her into «no buffs land»…so her max sig means nothing defending against nullifiers.

Incidentally, most defenders have extremely good counters, most are also easily accessible to everyone. But some defenders are universally difficult to deal with without special counters...based on BG, and I'm in the GC, I can list the following champs from Beta up to season 3, which has given me the most success;

1. Nick Fury; Not difficult to handle, but takes time. If the parry bug appears, you're done.

2. Domino; Dex and sp2 straight in the face, heard of it before? With OS, she is easy to handle, but often gets banned.

3. Korg; My 5/65 Korg is probably the one of my defenders that has taken the most points. And I've pretty much faced Paragons all season with countless R4s.

4. Sauron; If you have Yondu, or some other tech champs that remove prowess effectively, he is no problem. If not, one quickly gets into trouble with unblockable combos and sp attacks. My 5/65 gets banned by 90 % of my opponents.

5. Peni Parker; Countless players with Herc, CGR, Knull and Hype have lost this season...I always use Mags myself, but it takes 50+ seconds before you have an sp3 ready… so one risks losing on time, even with close to 100% health left.

I also have great success this season with Moleman, Kingpin, King Groot, Mordo and Mags as defenders. They are not complicated or difficult, but my experience is that many people spend a lot of time getting them down.

As I said before, this is an overall tier list, for all players, not just experienced ones. This is ranking all champions based on the difficulty they pose to an unprepared roster.
    This is my 5/65 Crit🐒 VS a R4 Thing this morning in the GC. Thing doesn’t belong in the top tier…

Based on difficulty level, normal time spent to take them down in BG, number of good counters, availability and how "normal" it is to have these counters ranked high, the 10 defenders who cause the most problems might look like this;

Yes, AA, Torch and CGR can take down some of these quickly, without losing much health, but they are also probably all in top 5 on the banned list. Hulkling, AA and Torch are the 3 I look for before a fight. Then Domino, Bishop and Critmonkey.
  • Options

Personally I would put Aegon into the beyond god tier, when you hit him he gets furies and does big damage back, not many champs can take unlimited damage and eventually they all die to Aegon

ALSO, why is Hulkling so high on the list??? should be a tier lower imo

Yes, @Hera1d_of_Ga1actus, this is exactly why I put him up there
  • Options

just dawned on me that, given OP asked previously for the ability to trade champs with "friends" unironically, that s/he may not yet have access or have attempted Battlegrounds, which is where the majority of the tier disagreements tend to rest. if this is the case, then yes, this is a good list you've shared. may your future contributions to the forum bring you as much delight and reward.

This isn't a specifically BG centered tier list. This is a tier list for all types of gameplay, including AW, AQ and Quests.
  • Options
    Mobile_P0tat0Mobile_P0tat0 Posts: 966 ★★★★

This is the most inaccurate tier list I’ve seen.

I wouldn't go that far, I once saw a tier list that put SIM as the best tech champ above Ghost and Co.
  • Options

This is the most inaccurate tier list I’ve seen.

I wouldn't go that far, I once saw a tier list that put SIM as the best tech champ above Ghost and Co.
    Bro seriously XD