**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Battlegrounds Modder Ban Wave; where is it?

Earlier this week kabam promised a few things to ease the mind of the players
1. Targetted Account Bans twice a week
2. More new tech to further streamline this process and to combat cheaters.

It has been a few days, and i cant see any of this being delivered.
Firstly, as a player in the top 20, I have played easily 30 games a day because i enjoy the gamemode. Not only can i identify multiple accounts which have not been banned since season 2, but i still match 10/30 of my games against modders, some with 2.5m hero rating accounts, some with 500k. I spend tons of energy and elder marks for these fights, they arent punished, and i dont get compensated for my time and energy spent. 10 games takes 10 minutes each, thats 1h30m of my time wasted every day.

Secondly, it has been a few days since kabams announcement of the first ban wave. Kabam promised 2 bans a week, but it has yet to happen, why? Its not hard to catch a black widow deadly origin doing scorpion in 12 seconds.

Thirdly, why would you remove the fight statistics icon that helps players identify cheaters to report them? You promise new tech to combat cheaters, and yet take the current tools we have against them away from us

This problem is here to stay and cant be ignored, how do you guys feel about this fiasco?

Comments

• FerahgoFerahgo Posts: 96
    First wave one was 4 days ago and not much gets done on the weekend. I agree that theres a ton of work that needs to get done still but I'm not gonna panic that we haven't noticed wave 2 of bans yet or expect that they ever get them all.

Fight statistics I'd like to get back asap because that really is our best tool to identify "smart" modders that don't finish fights in <5 seconds
  • FerahgoFerahgo Posts: 96
    I agree it sucks. But at least they're making SOME progress and the leaderboard is cleaned up quite a bit. Always gonna get some that shoot to your level before they get banned because they say its a manual process to go through reports, investigate, then ban. Just saying its only been 4 days and 2 of those were the weekend so give it a sec before calling their plans/promises a fiasco
  • DL864DL864 Posts: 1,089 ★★★
    I completely agree it's like they took away the fight statistics so we can't see. So unless its obvious we don't really know. The one guy in the top 20 is so obvious it's almost like he's playing with kabam. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out some of these guys. Yet this one is now in his second season of doing these laughing at you. I hate that such a fun mode has to be ruined by lack of enforcement. I truly think if these accounts no matter thier standing were prema banned we would see way less cheaters. I hope this is fixed but not holding my breath.
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,759 ★★★★★
    The one fron the previous season still hasn't happen. At least some of the modders weren't banned yet
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,173 ★★★★★
    As if this hasn't been said a dozen times....

Kabam has to follow a process to deal with the many reports of hackers.

They can only investigate what has been reported. Writing about it here does zip.

You have to wait in line for them to get to your report.

They have to figure out if they can ID and prove there was cheating. That process likely does not include declaring "it's obvious" but instead relies on some game info that they need to tease from the fight.

Cheaters should be banned, but banning also should be done only after finding proof, not drawing conclusions as obvious as you may think them to be.

Best you can do is to keep reporting suspected cheaters and hope for the best. Also, do not set unrealistic expectations for how quickly this process can work. It only makes you angry, apparently.
  • LiLbee2LiLbee2 Posts: 36

I write here to bring up discussion on the current situation because its already season 3, + 2 betas, 5 months of an active gamemode, and nothing has changed, it doesnt matter if they have banned players already if we still fight 10 modders a day, it means nothing has changed

Dont agree that nothing has chnaged. We have far more modders now!
  • Ghost_FanGhost_Fan Posts: 273 ★★★
    If the bans aren't permanent there is really no point.
    We all know about the guy that has one of the biggest accounts in the game and got banned only for 1 week in the end of the last season. Unfortunately rules don't apply the same to everyone.