**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Let's talk Battlegrounds matchmaking.

13»

Comments

• Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,249 ★★★★★

Anly said:

Anly said:

I still can't figure out why some UC and Cav think they shouldn't be matches against TB or paragon when everyone is competing for same rewards. If Kabam ever said that BG was designed to give everyone fair matches the. I'd understand however they never said that nor would that be in line with how the MCOC game modes generally work so thus thought process confuses me.

@Chatterofforums they dont think they should fight them cause theres no chance of winning one is not competing for the same rewards if they're constantly being curbed stomped
    Normally I'd disagree with that guy but you're wrong, we are competing for same rewards. We get the same amount of trophy tokens and elder marks. We're even competing for the same ranked rewards.
    Do you think it's fair for us to be pulling off 7-8 win streaks in a row while the stronger players can barely get 3? The result is going to be us getting better ranked rewards than them and maybe even making it into GC, which makes no sense. I'm not saying matchmaking should be random as soon as you start your first fight in bronze 3 but there should be a brick wall for us so the stronger players can keep climbing up and then we climb up after them, not the other way around.
    @ItsClobberinTime What makes you think that a UC fighting a equal matchup is easier than a Paragon fighting a equal matchup

We are not fighting for trophy tokens and elder marks because if one player gets them that dosent mean the other wont i was reffering to the ranked rewards where other player can actually knock down your rank
    The issue is Paragons aren't having equal matchups, that's where you're wrong. As so many people have tried explaining to you the gaps between Paragons in account strength can be massive, that doesn't happen with us UC players. As it stands, a Paragon with two r4 6* can easily get matched with a whale with ten or eleven r4 6* making it nearly impossible for them to win matches.

Right, nobody's arguing they won't. What we're arguing is the fact that an UC player can currently get to GC quicker than a Paragon, that right there is a huge issue.
    Clobberin is exactly correct here and the fact that him and I are agreeing on a BG topic should speak volumes as anyone who follows these threads know we haven't exactly seen eye to eye on pretty much anything on BG (until now).

What's happening now with BG is exactly what I feared, expected and even predicted on this topic before the matchmaking changes. I went so far to predict this (as was a pretty predictable outcome) that I even made a thread that I was strongly considering avoiding new top rankups or putting more sig into top prestige champs.

I was already in GC before the recent change so I can't speak on my current experience but seeing the posts I've seen ita clear what's been done. I'm very much hoping Kabam is reading these threads and realizes what they have done is almost identical to the massively failed AW matchmaking experiment from a couple years ago.
    Yeah, didn't think we'd ever agree on anything but here we are.

As I mentioned to somebody else already, I'm not biased when it comes to balance. Do I think sandbagging was the most unfair broken thing in BGs right after modders? Yes. Do I think the game mode is a lot more enjoyable now that sandbagging is gone? Definitely. Do I think matchmaking is fine now that I'm able to climb the ladder faster than a Paragon? Absolutely not.
    I hope they do some adjustments next season cause if they don't it's gonna be a mess for TBs and above while we and Cavs probably make it into GC where we obviously don't belong.

They should simply just go with random matchmaking and every season Paragon starts on plat 3, TB on gold 3, Cav on silver 3 and UC on bronze 3. That way we don't have to face massive whales as soon as the season starts but if we get to the higher leagues eventually, there will be a brick wall waiting for us and unless they climb up the ladder first, we won't be able to either. Matching people based on prestige is not a good idea clearly.
    This is where I'm at. There's always room for improvement, but people manipulating the system is not a way to balance anything. It will also take some time to assess, and I'd like to see the results of a full Season with these changes, compared to implementing them partway through. Still, it's better than things running amok.
  • Options
    Dragoon81Dragoon81 Posts: 147 ★★
    Still going it’s 100% Prestige at least in GC I match people in up to 4 brackets above or below me…you tell me I’m wrong.
  • Options
    Just_grindingJust_grinding Posts: 115

@Just_grinding you are on gladiator circuit, only criteria for matchmaking is rating

Then why not just have it the same everywhere? Why complicate?

• Options
    AceHaywardAceHayward Posts: 37
    I'm paragon but made a deck of only 3* champs to play battlegrounds when i had time. I played a few games before and it was similar match ups which were enjoyable. It was more skill based as my opponents had the same and we had fair counters to each others decks.
    I just tried to play again with that deck and was matched against a paragon with all 6* champs. Destroyed that little pleasure of mine when I had excess time and energy.
  • Options
    HuenasHuenas Posts: 33
    Look at leader boards. It’s no longer game of champions, it is now game of mods/bots. Just fake accounts now. You may match one of the only 2-300 actual players doing BG but most likely, you’ll face one of the 20,000 Mcoc mod/botted Accts.

Enjoy!
  • Options
    AnlyAnly Posts: 615 ★★

Anly said:

Anly said:

I still can't figure out why some UC and Cav think they shouldn't be matches against TB or paragon when everyone is competing for same rewards. If Kabam ever said that BG was designed to give everyone fair matches the. I'd understand however they never said that nor would that be in line with how the MCOC game modes generally work so thus thought process confuses me.

@Chatterofforums they dont think they should fight them cause theres no chance of winning one is not competing for the same rewards if they're constantly being curbed stomped
    Normally I'd disagree with that guy but you're wrong, we are competing for same rewards. We get the same amount of trophy tokens and elder marks. We're even competing for the same ranked rewards.
    Do you think it's fair for us to be pulling off 7-8 win streaks in a row while the stronger players can barely get 3? The result is going to be us getting better ranked rewards than them and maybe even making it into GC, which makes no sense. I'm not saying matchmaking should be random as soon as you start your first fight in bronze 3 but there should be a brick wall for us so the stronger players can keep climbing up and then we climb up after them, not the other way around.
    @ItsClobberinTime What makes you think that a UC fighting a equal matchup is easier than a Paragon fighting a equal matchup

We are not fighting for trophy tokens and elder marks because if one player gets them that dosent mean the other wont i was reffering to the ranked rewards where other player can actually knock down your rank
    The issue is Paragons aren't having equal matchups, that's where you're wrong. As so many people have tried explaining to you the gaps between Paragons in account strength can be massive, that doesn't happen with us UC players. As it stands, a Paragon with two r4 6* can easily get matched with a whale with ten or eleven r4 6* making it nearly impossible for them to win matches.

Right, nobody's arguing they won't. What we're arguing is the fact that an UC player can currently get to GC quicker than a Paragon, that right there is a huge issue.
    @ItsClobberinTime i never said anyone was getting equal matchups i meant in the scenario in which both levels of progression were getting equal matchups what makes you think UC have easier matches than Paragon
  • Options
    ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Posts: 3,295 ★★★★★
    edited December 2022
    Never said anything remotely close to that. You said UC should never face Paragons and TB, I explained to you that because we're competing for the same amount of trophy tokens and elder marks we should, not necessarily as soon as the season starts but at some point we have to get matched with stronger opponents and get curb stomped otherwise many of us would make it into GC and that wouldn't be fair for the rest. No idea where you got the "UC would have easier matches than Paragons if we all got equal matchups" cause I never said that, I just said that doesn't happy right now because they're not getting equal matchups clearly.
  • Options

Never said anything remotely close to that. You said UC should never face Paragons and TB, I explained to you that because we're competing for the same amount of trophy tokens and elder marks we should, not necessarily as soon as the season starts but at some point we have to get matched with stronger opponents and get curb stomped otherwise many of us would make it into GC and that wouldn't be fair for the rest. No idea where you got the "UC would have easier matches than Paragons if we all got equal matchups" cause I never said that, I just said that doesn't happy right now because they're not getting equal matchups clearly.

@ItsClobberinTime

You said:

"Do you think it's fair for us to be pulling off 7-8 win streaks in a row while the stronger players can barely get 3?" And to that i said

"What makes you think that a UC fighting a equal matchup is easier than a Paragon fighting a equal matchup"

And again we are not fighting for trophy tokens and elder marks if one player gets them that dosent stop the other from getting them if you lose a match the rewards arent reduced or taken away they are still there up for grabs what you are really fighting for is your place on the leaderboard where other players are trying to place higher than you and the rewards will be reduced if they place above you.
  • Options
    Anly said:

@ItsClobberinTime

You said:

"Do you think it's fair for us to be pulling off 7-8 win streaks in a row while the stronger players can barely get 3?" And to that i said

"What makes you think that a UC fighting a equal matchup is easier than a Paragon fighting a equal matchup"

And again we are not fighting for trophy tokens and elder marks if one player gets them that dosent stop the other from getting them if you lose a match the rewards arent reduced or taken away they are still there up for grabs what you are really fighting for is your place on the leaderboard where other players are trying to place higher than you and the rewards will be reduced if they place above you.
    Because the differences in roster aren't as massive when you're UC. With the way matchmaking works right now a person with 5 rank 4 6* can easily get matched with a whale with 15 rank 4 6* (top attackers and defenders) and get completely obliterated. Whereas I as an UC player have faced people with rank 5 5* but still managed to win some of those due to the fact that the difference between health and attack aren't as massive and none of us having all the top attackers and defenders in the game.

Bruh it literally is stopping them if they can't win 3 matches in a row due to matchmaking screwing them over this bad. You're under the assumption that Paragons and TB are getting fair matches like we are, they're not.
  • Options

Anly said:

@ItsClobberinTime

You said:

Because the differences in roster aren't as massive when you're UC. With the way matchmaking works right now a person with 5 rank 4 6* can easily get matched with a whale with 15 rank 4 6* (top attackers and defenders) and get completely obliterated. Whereas I as an UC player have faced people with rank 5 5* but still managed to win some of those due to the fact that the difference between health and attack aren't as massive and none of us having all the top attackers and defenders in the game.

Bruh it literally is stopping them if they can't win 3 matches in a row due to matchmaking screwing them over this bad. You're under the assumption that Paragons and TB are getting fair matches like we are, they're not.
    @ItsClobberinTime yes you said that and i responded with "i meant in the scenario in which both levels of progression were getting equal matchups what makes you think UC have easier matches than Paragon" i know paragons and tb arent getting fair matches im tb myself about to be paragon when eop is done
  • Options
    K00shMaanK00shMaan Posts: 1,289 ★★★★

I'm paragon but made a deck of only 3* champs to play battlegrounds when i had time. I played a few games before and it was similar match ups which were enjoyable. It was more skill based as my opponents had the same and we had fair counters to each others decks.
    I just tried to play again with that deck and was matched against a paragon with all 6* champs. Destroyed that little pleasure of mine when I had excess time and energy.

This is exactly why we need a ranked and unranked (not just Friendly) version of the game mode. You should absolutely have an opportunity to do this and face someone on even footing. What you shouldn't be able to do is build a deck like that to manipulate matchmaking in a competitive ranked game mode to potentially get matches that you have a better shot of winning against.
  • Options
    GreekhitGreekhit Posts: 2,819 ★★★★★
    K00shMaan said:

This is exactly why we need a ranked and unranked (not just Friendly) version of the game mode. You should absolutely have an opportunity to do this and face someone on even footing. What you shouldn't be able to do is build a deck like that to manipulate matchmaking in a competitive ranked game mode to potentially get matches that you have a better shot of winning against.
    Yet the matchmaking is still being manipulated.
    But this time from Kabam.
    If Prestige/Total Base Rating matchmaking algorithm isn’t a manipulation, then I don’t know what is.
    On a shared prize pool having the same % of any title in Gladiator Circuit, shows how flawed this matchmaking is.
    Just a check on the leaderboard and see at Uru tiers at least is full of 200k UC accounts, hence even some 20k accounts 😂
    While at the very same moment half of the Paragon accounts are sweating on VT, fighting each other to get to GC to get the ranked rewards.
    Prestige/Rating matchmaking was really the worst direction to solve the sandbagging problem.
    We knew that matchmaking was unfair from our previous AW experience.
    Kabam knew that either. They can’t deny that.
    Yet, they decided to go that route.
    They will face the consequences soon, when the players realize what’s happening atm at bgs, after the season ends.
    Imagine half Paragon accounts, watching UC players bragging about their achievement to get to GC and praising their “supposed” skills.
    It has already started. Global chat is full of UC morons telling Paragon players to “git good” to reach GC.
    FFS matchmaking should be totally random within same bracket at VT. A head start based on title or Prestige could solve any mismatching issues.
    Even top15 average deck rating would be better than this Prestige/Rating unfair bs 😠

• Options
    Anly said:

Anly said:

@ItsClobberinTime

You said:

@ItsClobberinTime yes you said that and i responded with "i meant in the scenario in which both levels of progression were getting equal matchups what makes you think UC have easier matches than Paragon" i know paragons and tb arent getting fair matches im tb myself about to be paragon when eop is done
    If we were getting equal matchups then no, matches wouldn't be easier for either side but for that matchmaking would have to be perfect which I doubt they can pull off. Not only would that probably be a coding nightmare but if they did pull it off, we would probably have 5-10 minute queues.
    Random matchmaking is really the best way to go tbh.
  • Options
    Sceptilemaniac2Sceptilemaniac2 Posts: 229 ★★★
    Alright so, the best made argument is that we're all fighting for the same rewards so you're bound to lose some matches when you're placed in a tier which has players with better rosters than yours.
    Why then, do I get matched with this person, rated 30 higher than me BEFORE the match, having 4 times the total rating and +3k prestige?
    It just doesn't make ANY sense. We weren't even in the same tier.

• Options
    DannyB01DannyB01 Posts: 471 ★★★
    I can’t figure out gladiator circuit matchmaking either. It should be based on your position in the leaderboard only, but I’m pretty confident the game is still prioritising finding ‘similar accounts’ even if you face people in different tiers, but even then it’s unpredictable. I’m sure population online has an impact and tweaks the algorithm, possibly not in a good way.

GC needs to be based on rank in the GC ONLY.
  • Options
    Rudolph_RaindeerRudolph_Raindeer Posts: 261 ★★
    Are we supposed to only meet people from same “tier”? I am URU III, and I often face URU II and even URU I opponents.
  • Options
    Vergeman78Vergeman78 Posts: 132 ★★
    Matchmaking on GC used to be +/-50. No regard to roster, prestige or anything else