**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

BG fight statistics missing with new update.

Comments

• AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★
    Kabam Jax said:

I'm curious. What information from the additional info page are you all using to determine if players are modding, in theory?

From what I've seen, most players are using this first screen and noting how quickly and with how little damage to their defenders a match is completed.

If the lack of supplementary information is concerning, I'd say we should err on the side of caution. If things seem suspicious from the first screen, consider reporting. The game team has access to more details than just the first screen.

We can't say it's a mod just looking at fight time. Many a times we look at how many hits was landed, how much time it took to land those hits and how much was biggest hit
  • LiLbee2LiLbee2 Posts: 36
    Not sure how hard it is just to set a simple algo:

1. Check reported people
    2. If defender is killed -> check duration, if below 10s (99% fights cant end that fast) - ban
    3. If highest hit above, say 300k - ban
    4. If total hits below say 10, and not killed with say quake, HT, valkryre -> shortlist for further investigation, but pretty much ban as well

Surely these easy filters would save your anti cheating team some time, sorting out these obvious troll cheaters.

The report button is defos abused by salty losers, you can write an easy algo identifying an account that regularly reports other players, sample check those and if they are always reporting legit players means this account is a salty loser and just ignore all reports from this person onwards.
  • Kappa2gKappa2g Posts: 267 ★★★
    Kabam Jax said:

Hey Summoners!

This was an intentional change. Apparently, the button was never fully functioning the way the team had intended. It has been removed temporarily and should be re-added in a couple builds.

It has been added to the bug board.

Please do prioritise on bringing this back ASAP.
    The improved end of fight screen that shows simlar stats to this in other modes has been said to be one of the more positive changes this year, would the team not agree that these stats are even more important in the mode where one's individual skill and performance matters the most?
  • ChuckD05ChuckD05 Posts: 173
    edited December 2022
    Coppin said:

If we are reporting "modders" solely based on time fought, might as well remove the report button all together.
    This really puts a huge dent on the trust from the players...

This. Kabam knows this , they have to, and they still chose to do this. Mind boggling decision imo. Just feels wrong, feels dirty. :(

If someone at Kabam thinks this will produce less reports, that’s def. not the case.

Kt question is a good one too, what is there to gain for the fair players with this move ? Even removing the cheating element from it, I enjoyed checking out stats. Even when I lose , it’s fun to see what champs can do.
  • Bugmat78Bugmat78 Posts: 2,136 ★★★★★
    Kabam Jax said:

Hey Summoners!

This was an intentional change. Apparently, the button was never fully functioning the way the team had intended. It has been removed temporarily and should be re-added in a couple builds.

The only issue it had was showing "No Damage" - everything else was useful including number of hits and highest combo.
  • ReyAlemánReyAlemán Posts: 88
    If you guys are planning on adding this thing back, I suggest some extra info:

* Post-fight screen.
    * Pause time
    * A fight replay button (I know I'm asking for to much)

Cheers
  • Bugmat78Bugmat78 Posts: 2,136 ★★★★★
    Also they should have removed this info screen when the season finished.

Kabam could have worked on the fix and leave the bugged fight info screen - this is done in plenty of other situations, with updates pushed live.

With cheating being such a big issue in BGs there was no upside to removing this fight info screen at all.
  • ChiliDogChiliDog Posts: 883 ★★★
    edited December 2022
    I wonder how many recoil mastery 6r4 cgr's have been reported for cheating in this meta for 1 sp2 and done. It is that easy at times.. I've also finished fights with 100% health with diablo. (Mostly just got my arse handed to me though in BGs, lol. Only gold.) Hopefully, they add a lot of data when it does come back like base PIs and other info, but this is going to make things worse in the meantime.
  • LiLbee2LiLbee2 Posts: 36
    edited December 2022
    The only explanation is that the stats are wrong. I.e. showing wrong values like @Dab_west had weird hit counts in his fights.. unless he was modding 🤔

So kabam took it down to fix the coding, and playing dumb now.

Or they took it down to bait out more cheaters.
  • Justin2524Justin2524 Posts: 1,626 ★★★★
    They removed it so modders cant try to get the info and improve their modding.

It’s for our own good.
  • Mik81Mik81 Posts: 80
    Very sad to see this. Lack of communication before doing it and poorly explained why it is only making this bigger. Then someone at Kabam may think why we have trust issues...
  • BigManOnCampusBigManOnCampus Posts: 376 ★★★
    Kabam Jax said:

Hey Summoners!

should be re-added in a couple builds.

Well that's not good !

• BigManOnCampusBigManOnCampus Posts: 376 ★★★
    Theretic said:

If a match ends in 1 hit with massive damage, then they modded even if the fight lasted 30s

Bingo , dance around a little bit and try to make it look legit .... Now we can't see that !
  • G-Hun-GearG-Hun-Gear Posts: 1,447 ★★★★

Theretic said:

If a match ends in 1 hit with massive damage, then they modded even if the fight lasted 30s

Bingo , dance around a little bit and try to make it look legit .... Now we can't see that !
    No dance around needed… Just pause the fight for 20 seconds…
  • G-Hun-GearG-Hun-Gear Posts: 1,447 ★★★★
    edited December 2022
    To be fair: The screen was actually bugged… As in: it showed “no damage taken” for every fight, Attacker and defender… It showed number of hits and also highes combo. But “hits taken” was always 0, even when highest combo was lower than number of hits…

But still: Pretending the screen was not a useful tool in detecting modders is just a new level of shady… (or maybe naive?)
  • SedulusSedulus Posts: 6
    Echoing a lot of sentiment here but wanted to add my most recent experience. My opponent fought my R3 Thing with Apoc and took him down in 46 seconds. My first thought was 'wow. Apoc is a solid counter for thing'. After the match- I lost - I checked the stats and he killed Thing in 25 hits with the largest hit clocking in at 6500. Thing has about 125k health making his average hit 5k.

It was not obvious at first he was cheating until I looked more into the stats. Taking these away is a huge mistake and I hope Kabam adds it back ASAP.

I was done spending and about to quit before BGs were introduced and it completely reinvigorated my drive to learn, play and rank new champions. I whaled out on Black Friday because of BGs. If Kabam continues to make bone-headed moves and cheaters are not properly and maliciously dealt with, they will lose me and players like me.

I also wanted to pose one more question. With all the cheating we see in BGs, it really makes me wonder how many there are in alliance war...

• designsodadesignsoda Posts: 118
    edited December 2022
    Kabam Jax said:

I'm curious. What information from the additional info page are you all using to determine if players are modding, in theory?

From what I've seen, most players are using this first screen and noting how quickly and with how little damage to their defenders a match is completed.

If the lack of supplementary information is concerning, I'd say we should err on the side of caution. If things seem suspicious from the first screen, consider reporting. The game team has access to more details than just the first screen.

Erring in the side of caution makes sense. Except you have now made things easier for modders to continue modding.

And opened yourself up for more false positive reports.

I'm curious myself. Do you see the removal of this feature as a good thing for the game mode overall? Even if the info wasn't perfect it was still very useful for players. This info is regularly shared among the community to see what is possible and what isn't. Not all amazing fights are cheats. But some obvious ones get caught based on that 2nd screen with more detail.
  • __SF____SF__ Posts: 286 ★★
    I just hope this was NOT removed since the mods and cheats convos are so hot right now. This will make it more difficult for us to know when u get killed with one hit in 57 seconds. THIS IS EMPOWERING CHEATERS to blend in and not get caught. I hope it’s added again soon as previously mentioned.
  • BayouemBayouem Posts: 98
    There is no way of knowing which fights are legit now or not. It looks extremely shady on your part that modders run rampant and you remove a way of knowing whether we fought against a modder lol. You say January, but that’s the rest of this season playing battlegrounds and being in limbo so to speak.