**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Options

Let's Talk Rocket's Scrapyard v.2

DeepworldDeepworld Posts: 284 ★★★
Ok, let's try and keep thing's civil. I just wanna hear your thoughts on the current Rocket's Scrapyard SQ and its rewards.

So, if we look at scrap totals from the official announcement, you get 420k scrap from running all difficulties from all weeks of the (S)craptacular SQ. You get another 310k from exploring Cav EQ and 60k from Uncollected EQ (plus some more small amounts from exploration of normal/heroic/master). You get 150k from the (S)crappy 35-day event. Finally, you should get 200k from the silver track IF you logged in everyday over the past month.

As far as I am concerned, these are the only ways to get free Scrap. There is a high chance I have missed something out but as it stands, the total Scrap for a Cav/TB/Paragon is 1.13mil. Now that sounds like a lot but that gives you 22.6 entries (+maybe if you explore lower difficulty EQ, that will give 23 runs).

So for Rocket's Scrapyard rewards, 22 runs gives you 11,000 6* shards if you spend it just on that. Or it can give you a decent number of T5B or T2As. 22 6* sig stones is nice and 44% of a T5CC. Almost 4mil gold and 66,000 5* shards is decent. Or you can gamble on 22 Cav Dreamwork crystals (but looking at the pool, is it really a win?). These quantities are based on spending all your Scrap on one item reward for the entire quest. In this SQ, there are no T6B or T3A fragments (but yes, you get some if you are TB+ in the solo objectives - about 0.2 of each catalyst this month) and you get some for exploring Cav EQ as you usually do.

Anyways just focussing on Scrapyard rewards, compared to last month's SQ, you could get 23,500 6* shards AND more T6B/T3A AND gold and plenty of other bits. It all seems a little underwhelming and un petit peu grindy too if you are to explore all EQ. I think the main problem is grouping Cavs, TBs and Paragons together, meaning that this month's SQ rewards are a bit lacklustre for the upper-end groups/players.

Anyways, I am hoping we get lots of treats for the Anniversary celebration with some extra surprises to make up for the SQ. But yeah, what are your thoughts on the SQ?

Comments

• Options
    Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,241 ★★★★★
    It's fine. Easy peasy quest, ability to choose rewards. It's never the same month-to-month so I am used to rewards not matching the previous month. Sometimes they are better, sure. I am loading up on T5b because I have loads of T2a that ill expire if I don't rank up some champs. So I appreciate being able to grad a lot of that.
  • Options
    IamGrO_otIamGrO_ot Posts: 172 ★★
    Apart from the fact that you have to go out to repeat the quest, instead of a replay button, I have no problems with SQ.
    Good rewards, easy fights, low energy use (100% all levels for 40 energy).

It would have been cool with 5* relics shards as possible rewards, I'm hunting OG Thor for my Angela, but its good enough.

Compared to Cav EQ rewards, units and time spent for those rewards, SQ is a luxury quest.
  • Options
    mostlyharmlessnmostlyharmlessn Posts: 1,387 ★★★★
    I was just commenting to my Alliance mates and friends, the nodes they jacked up the side quest with vs the rewards you can get from scrap seem off.

I came to the forums to see if maybe there would be an announcement that they accidentally pushed out the wrong rewards and they should be at least double for the Holiday event....
  • Options
    Ghost_FanGhost_Fan Posts: 273 ★★★
    They shouldn't even have it named like this. I think as soon as we heard this name, we all thought that mastery cores were coming back as a reward
  • Options
    K00shMaanK00shMaan Posts: 1,289 ★★★★
    Mysterio said:

I am just personally confused as to why Cavalier, Thronebreaker and Paragone are in the same rewards class. With all due respect but it amazes me we are at a stage where we can introduce a new difficulty for the highest rank and still give them the same rewards as people who are two ranks lower.

I don't disagree but they've literally already announced and trialed Elder difficulty. It's coming soon. December is obviously not the month to implement these things as the majority of people will be taking some period of time off.
  • Options
    Mr_PlatypusMr_Platypus Posts: 2,779 ★★★★★
    edited December 2022
    As mind numbing as the first one
  • Options
    Malice25Malice25 Posts: 12
    500K Gold bonus for first run was nice and a lot of us are gold poor after post-Cyber Weekend rank and level ups. Anyone know if likewise there is a gold reward for 100% exploration as well. Maybe just me but i don't at the moment need a lot of this stuff so I'm loathe to do all the paths just to see
  • Options
    HammerGod3HammerGod3 Posts: 43
    @Kabam Miike @Kabam Zibiit @Kabam Porthos @Kabam Vydious can Kabam be transparent here about the 100% exploration reward? I’d rather not miss out on 4.5 T5B or 18 T2A to discover the 100% reward is a lame profile pic.
  • Options
    Hector_1475Hector_1475 Posts: 1,791 ★★★★★
    My thoughts are that I'm infinetely grateful for the BIG chunk of Gold which is included in there, which is the only thing I'm targetting, every single entry. I have everything else / I can get everything else from other game modes, which is apparently the very reason I need as much Gold as I can get my hands on.
  • Options
    AdevatiAdevati Posts: 437 ★★★
    This month: 11k 6-star shards or 22 6-star sigs or 44% T5CC or 4 mil gold… handful of quiet complaints.

October: 12k 6-star shards AND 41 Cavs AND T5B AND T2A AND 20% T5CC AND 20 6-star sig stones (with exceptionally bad luck getting only candy)… everyone screams about terrible rewards.

This is all very entertaining.
  • Options
    Justin2524Justin2524 Posts: 1,626 ★★★★
    edited December 2022
    @RichTheMan said you get 2.4million scraps.. go watch his video first before complaining
  • Options
    IamGrO_otIamGrO_ot Posts: 172 ★★

@RichTheMan said you get 2.4million scraps.. go watch his video first before complaining

Then you can enter the quest 48 times.
    That's 24 x T5BC…insane 👻

100% Cav EQ is 2ish T5BC, costs 6-700 units if you do it in one setting, and takes 8-10 min per path.

Players don't see the difference. Hit the disagree button all you want guys, you have no idea how good this month really is.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,376 ★★★★★

It's fine. Easy peasy quest, ability to choose rewards. It's never the same month-to-month so I am used to rewards not matching the previous month. Sometimes they are better, sure. I am loading up on T5b because I have loads of T2a that ill expire if I don't rank up some champs. So I appreciate being able to grad a lot of that.

It's also one part of a month of other perks.
  • Options
    Negativity_1Negativity_1 Posts: 61
    I'm just not satisfied. Unless a secret shop or something comes, I'm saving my scraps
  • Options

Are @Colinwhitworth69 and @GroundedWisdom the same person who goes to every thread and just agrees with each other?

Great minds think alike?

Anyway, who cares?
  • Options
    Hilbert_unbeatable2Hilbert_unbeatable2 Posts: 804 ★★★
    As thronebreaker the only reasonable stuff in it is gold
  • Options
    Hilbert_unbeatable2Hilbert_unbeatable2 Posts: 804 ★★★

Are @Colinwhitworth69 and @GroundedWisdom the same person who goes to every thread and just agrees with each other?

Great minds think alike?

Anyway, who cares?
    Like* minds think alike
  • Options
    SammyDeSammyDe Posts: 979 ★★★
    edited December 2022
    I think when judging this month’s EQ/SQ rewards, we should also take into account the anniversary calendar, the QS event and the dethroned arena as well. If you look at it this way, it is decent. Also people can take a Xmas / NY break without worrying they are losing out on important stuff.
    My gripe this month, like most people, are:
    1. the way to get through the workshop (a store can save us a bit of time especially if we are doing this dozens of times)
    2. energy consumption to 100% each EQ difficulty for more scrap (I do Cav and UC usually)
    3. grouping Cav. TB and Paragon rewards together
    4. SQ have too many different nodes for each lane (I hate reading and slightly changing the team for each lane).
  • Options

Great minds think alike?

Anyway, who cares?
    Like* minds think alike
    And? If there is some point being made here, you’re failing.
  • Options
    Graves_3Graves_3 Posts: 1,372 ★★★★★

Great minds think alike?

Anyway, who cares?
    Like* minds think alike
    Like minds ≠ great minds
  • Options
    Graves_3 said:

Great minds think alike?

Anyway, who cares?
    Like* minds think alike
    Like minds ≠ great minds
    That makes no sense.

If there is something I wrote with which you disagree, please say so. These passive-aggressive and dorky attempts at an insult are childish.