Potential Delay to v44.1 Launch

We are currently working through some issues that may affect the release window of v44.1. This means that the update may not release on Monday as it usually does. We are working to resolve the issue holding us up as quickly as possible, but will keep you all updated, especially if the delay results in any changes to the content release schedule.
Options

Does anyone really care about relics?

Comments

• Options
    DRTODRTO Posts: 1,624 ★★★★★
    It’s meh
    They're ok, wasn't really super excited when they were announced and now that they are out still not really a fan of them. Still confused as to how they work in terms of ranking them up and honestly have no motivation to learn lol. Also they take too long to ramp up, you need like at least thirty hits before it's ready to go so most fights you can use it maybe once and that's it
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,102 ★★★★★
    Love it

Did you need to make 3 polls saying the exact same thing?

The other 2 were in the wrong forum. I have asked the mods to delete them.

Either you can’t read or are a complete idiot…
    Says the guy who made 2 polls "in the wrong forum".
    I made the mistakes and admitted them.. you couldn’t even see them as mistakes 5 minutes ago.

I don't even know what that means.
    Exactly.
    Exactly what? I don't what it means because I don't understand what "you couldn't even see them as mistakes 5 minutes ago" means.
  • Options
    SearmenisSearmenis Posts: 1,545 ★★★★★
    It’s meh

Searmenis said:

I like Relics as an idea, I hate Strikers. That's the reason I never played Marvel Vs Capcom that much back in the days.

now hold up, I loved being able to swap in-match between, say, cyclops and Ryu, especially for the combos. if that were the relics concept, I'm all in. As currently presented, if you have to chase 1) champ and 2) rarity just to see if they'll be a beneficial mesh, that's a whole lot of extra busy work for an already busy game. If your best case scenario for this feature is "nice to have" vs "must have" you may want to re-assess what you're trying to do.
    Agreed. I would have liked them a little better if they were not part of another leveling up scenario, but let s say fifty strikers, doing something different, and that s it.
  • Options
    TheLightBringerTheLightBringer Posts: 453 ★★★★
    It’s meh

It’s been forced fed to us.. basically shoved down our throat..

But do we really care?

It's only a combo extension tool for me
  • Options
    EMvEMv Posts: 23
    Got 5* venom relic, spent much time and resources to get it!
    It is absolute trash, only suitable for trash venom, i hate venom and don’t use him anywhere, so this 5* relic is absolute trash!!! It is disgusting!
    I am not interested in this sh.. any more!!!
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,269 ★★★★★
    Love it

I made the mistakes and admitted them.. you couldn’t even see them as mistakes 5 minutes ago.

Exactly.

Exactly.
    Exactly what? I don't what it means because I don't understand what "you couldn't even see them as mistakes 5 minutes ago" means.
    Bro.. go learn to read before responding to me.
    Did you start a Poll just to clap back at everyone?
  • Options
    Love it

Exactly.

Exactly.
    Well if you guys would stay on topic i wouldn’t have to keep responding.
    I expressed my views. You accused me of playing a character. Methinks he doth protest too much.
  • Options
    Love it
    I don't need to side either way just for the sake of it. If I didn't like them, I'd say so. Sorry you disagree, but a Poll is about asking how other people feel, or what they prefer. Not about disputing the responses that don't coincide with yours.
  • Options
    Justin2524Justin2524 Posts: 1,626 ★★★★
    It’s meh

I don't need to side either way just for the sake of it. If I didn't like them, I'd say so. Sorry you disagree, but a Poll is about asking how other people feel, or what they prefer. Not about disputing the responses that don't coincide with yours.

And I’m saying how you feel don’t mean **** since it’s always supportive of what the game serves up.
  • Options
    Justin2524Justin2524 Posts: 1,626 ★★★★
    It’s meh

Exactly.

Exactly.
    Well if you guys would stay on topic i wouldn’t have to keep responding.
    I expressed my views. You accused me of playing a character. Methinks he doth protest too much.
    I think most here would agree with me that you are one eyed for one reason or another.
    He literally just gave his opinion man, and it's not even some outrageous praise or whatever. He answered your question but was still critical of the current implementation, what more do you want? Do you really care that much about a single guy answering your question because he has a positive outlook on the game and doesn't let other people's neeativity ruin it for him?
    Bro.. he has been so one eyed in his view of the game for the past what 5-6 years? Is it even a surprise at this point that he’s on the side of 10% that loves the implementation?

LOL …c’mon now
  • Options
    mostlyharmlessnmostlyharmlessn Posts: 1,387 ★★★★
    It’s meh
    I wasn't fan of relics and the like in the other game. Not a big fan of it in this one... Having yet something else to have to level up, keep track of ect., is just tiring...
  • Options
    EpistriatusEpistriatus Posts: 1,248 ★★★★
    Where’s the choice button “don’t know yet”?

I haven’t made any attempt in getting to know what relics are, what they do, how they work.
    I’ve opened a couple of relic crystals, also apparantly applied a few relics to some champions, but so far zero idea what they do.
    I guess I can say that there has been a non-existent impact on the way I experience the way I play game from day to day, but I still can’t say if I care about them untill i learn more about them………which involves reading & watching youtube guides…..awesomeness 🤦‍♂️
  • Options
    0casual00casual0 Posts: 457 ★★★
    It’s meh
    Kabam trying to keep the game fresh. But they serve no purposes. Maybe only make relics viable for AW & AQ. That'd be better I think.
  • Options
    Mobile_P0tat0Mobile_P0tat0 Posts: 966 ★★★★
    It’s meh
    I wish that they didn't have prestige and then I could just ignore them entirely
  • Options
    GreekhitGreekhit Posts: 2,819 ★★★★★

I wish that they didn't have prestige and then I could just ignore them entirely

Too bad the main reason were created, was to sell whales prestige until 7*s arrive 😂
    So they HAD to involve prestige smh 😉
  • Options
    DragonMCOCDragonMCOC Posts: 528 ★★★
    Love it

"Love It" is a bit of an overstatement, but I generally have a positive view on them, nothing earthshateringly good but it's fun to figure out what relics and champs work well together and it can give a nice boost to certain champs (I love Immortal Hulk with Hulk relic)

Completely agree.
  • Options
    Rice_riceRice_rice Posts: 22
    Not yet ATM.
  • Options
    SearmenisSearmenis Posts: 1,545 ★★★★★
    It’s meh
    To be fair here, the "force feeding" factor at the moment, is only prestige related. Relics don't have a mandatory use anywhere, and in the offers and rewards are always the "something extra". Even in Cyber Week offers they had their own little bundle, that wasn't even part of the "buy everything to get Weapon X" deal.
  • Options
    ShadowstrikeShadowstrike Posts: 3,091 ★★★★★
    To me relics are like incursions or Battlegrounds or even the Grandmasters gauntlet: it exists. I don't understand it. I'm not going to rush to do it but it's here to stay so I'll just live with it and go about it at my own pace.
  • Options
    Wozzle007Wozzle007 Posts: 938 ★★★★★
    It’s meh
    I want to like them, but there really isn’t any for them. Other than another chase item for prestige, I’m not sure what purpose they serve in the game. It would be be nice to understand Kabams vision for them. Specifically what part of the game are they supposed to be useful for? Most content is over by the time you get to use them, or they make next to no difference in the ability to complete fights. Maybe 8.2 onwards will find a use but I doubt it.

They seem to be something that might matter to top Alliances who care about their prestige. I’d have rather they spent there time on Masteries 2.0 which I believe should be in game by the end of 2022, so any day now.
  • Options
    CrusaderjrCrusaderjr Posts: 1,059 ★★★★
    love it not necessarily but useful in longer fights sure. why hate something that makes content easier, especially when you can play around with champs and their combos. a lot of people simply hate learning in general..
  • Options
    BulmktBulmkt Posts: 1,559 ★★★★
    It’s meh
    They are so underwhelming