Options

Tell me there’s a groot buff on the way.

Zway911Zway911 Posts: 15
edited December 2022 in Suggestions and Requests
He is long overdue for a buff considering how long he’s been in the game and how bad he is. He doesn’t even have any good synergies to make him usable.
Post edited by Kabam Porthos on

Comments

• Options
    TitoBandito187TitoBandito187 Posts: 2,072 ★★★★
    I am Groot. I aaaaaam Groot. I am Groooot. I ammmmm Grrrrrrooot.

Weeeee arrrrre Groot!
  • Options
    SuelGamesSuelGames Posts: 941 ★★★
    Right.. i d say he s the most useless champ in the game rn, or at least bottom 3
  • Options
    daveyj_196_daveyj_196_ Posts: 437
    97% of us who have 6* rosters are awaiting with baited breath.
  • Options
    edited December 2022
    I’ve recently discovered a lot of champions I thought were bad, but they actually have synergies that make them usable. Groot literally does not have a single synergy that adds anything beyond stats. I don’t know if there’s anybody else in the game like that.
  • Options
    magnus_xixmagnus_xix Posts: 2,020 ★★★★★
    There's a champ designer working on buffing all the guardians of the galaxy members. Gamora, Rocket, Nebula and Yondu have been buffed so Groot, Drax, and maybe Star Lord are left.
  • Options
    THUNDERBILTHUNDERBIL Posts: 267
    Signature Ability:- PHOTONIC KNOWLEDGE, being passed the knowledge from his ancestors over the centuries, Groot gains-
    Immunity to ability accuracy modification.
    Fury and Cruelty buffs gain 5 - 20% duration
    Regeneration buff gains 3 - 10% duration
    13 - 33 % resistance against Power Manipulation per buff.

Being a tree, Groot does not Bleed and can resist Poision and Coldsnap by 40%, additionally a -30% damage reduction against Incinerate debuffs.
    Tree Armor, 2% Physical and Energy resistance per buff, capped at 35%.

Heavy attacks starts Photosynthesis allowing Groot the following effects-
    Regenerating 10% of total damage taken over time.
    Charge prowess buffs for each buff on Groot.
    Increase ability power gain by 300% and unblockable specials if photosynthesis is not interrupted.
  • Options
    THUNDERBILTHUNDERBIL Posts: 267
    Keep adding people such that Kabam can get a General Idea on what we want to see in a buff for a certain champion.
  • Options
    Chris_SummersChris_Summers Posts: 252 ★★
    New hero champ Baby Groot! 😍

but… I guess that woulda been a 17’-18’ish thing if it woulda happened.
  • Options
    KerneasKerneas Posts: 3,747 ★★★★★
    Yes, he is one of the 2 champs who not only suck, but also have 0 improving synergies (other than the generic ones), that would make him even remotely viable. The only other champ like that is Superior Iron Man
  • Options
    Toyota_2015Toyota_2015 Posts: 474 ★★★
    edited December 2022
    Zway911 said:

I’ve recently discovered a lot of champions I thought were bad, but they actually have synergies that make them usable. Groot literally does not have a single synergy that adds anything beyond stats. I don’t know if there’s anybody else in the game like that.

Superior Iron Man...

Correction: There's one synergy that grants SIM a fury buff whenever he gains an armor up, but the only way to gain armor ups is to get hit, soooo...
  • Options
    Austin555555Austin555555 Posts: 3,043 ★★★★★
    It would be nice to get one in 2023 since GOTG3 is releasing soon. Maybe he gets a buff when it releases
  • Options
    DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,565 ★★★★★
    Four 6* Groots from the current featured ( as well as four more picked up randomly over the years) fully endorse and support this post. 🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄

Dr. Zola
  • Options
    ChatterofforumsChatterofforums Posts: 1,779 ★★★★★
    edited December 2022

Well considering this was my EOP nexus, sign me up for the hoping Groot gets a buff (yes,.I chose Groot awakening from a cosmic class nexus)
  • Options
    IamGrO_otIamGrO_ot Posts: 172 ★★
    Zway911 said:

Groot literally does not have a single synergy that adds anything beyond stats.

1. Dead NF
    2. King Groot
    3. Wags pre fight
    4. Odin pre fight
    5. Black Bolt with Wags
    6. The new Guardians synergies

Soooo….minimum 6 then 😉
  • Options
    Toyota_2015Toyota_2015 Posts: 474 ★★★
    IamGrO_ot said:

Zway911 said:

1. Dead NF
    2. King Groot
    3. Wags pre fight
    4. Odin pre fight
    5. Black Bolt with Wags

Soooo….minimum 6 then 😉
    I think he meant a specific synergy that applies only to him. Most of those synergies can just be applied to champs that are already better, so there's no reason to use them with Groot
  • Options
    PandingoPandingo Posts: 734 ★★★

@Chatterofforums I'm right there with you
  • Options
    ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 4,807 ★★★★★
    Pandingo said:

@Chatterofforums I'm right there with you

Nah fam. Medusa dupe is legit.
  • Options
    IamGrO_ot said:

Zway911 said:

1. Dead NF
    2. King Groot
    3. Wags pre fight
    4. Odin pre fight
    5. Black Bolt with Wags

Soooo….minimum 6 then 😉
    I was referring to synergies specifically for him. Like why would I take groot with a NF synergy, when I can take pretty much any other hero.
  • Options
    PandingoPandingo Posts: 734 ★★★
    I decided to go all in on a Vin diesel celebrity buff event like we got with collosus. Hahaha