Thoughts on Hood now that Kabam responded to his looping invisibility "bug" fix.

ChronicChronic Member Posts: 40
My head is still spinning a little a bit but being someone that literally just r4'd my 6* Hood in November and used a combination of mystic and generic sig stones to get him to max sig after getting used to his invisibility looping, I'm left a little speechless. The response that was just left in another thread about him being "fixed" after never alerting of the bug to begin with and multiple videos out there showcasing his looping invisibility ability....I just don't know what to say. I'm not even going to ask for rank down tickets because why? Even if I ranked him down, I wouldn't get the 160 6* sig stones I dumped into him (which still aren't that easy to come by). I'm not super happy I used a ton of the ones I got from the cyber weekend deals just to have this happen a couple weeks later. Sorry, I know this isn't a constructive feedback post and is more of a complaining/whining post but I do literally feel like I just got the rug pulled out from under me on this one and I can't be the only one out there. I don't have a whale account and r4's are still very hard to come by and decisions to rank them up aren't made on a whim. Maybe I'm just overreacting but I would be curious to know what others think.

Comments

• AverageDesiAverageDesi Member Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★
    Get over it. It was a bug and they fixed it
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Member Posts: 21,807 ★★★★★
    Chronic said:

I'm trying to and I appreciate your take. I'm sure there are others that feel the same as you as well. I just don't see it mentioned in the bug fixes for the release it was "fixed" in nor have I been able to find any mention of it being a bug prior to them fixing it except in their recent response. I don't just rank up champs without doing my research. I didn't touch Galan before they confirmed they weren't making any adjustments and I didn't see any mention of hood anywhere before ranking him up. He's still highly useful but a big part of the decision for taking him to r4 and dumping sig stones rather than leaving him at r3 was the infinite invisibility potential. I can't be the only one that made a similar decision that is impacted from this. It's not like I can ask Kabam if they plan on making any changes to a champ every time I want to rank someone up and they shouldn't be able to "fix" a champ without warning when it changes the champ's overall effectiveness.

But.... He's not supposed to be invisible 100% of the time. Why would that ever be a thing?
  • KDoggg2017KDoggg2017 Member Posts: 1,229 ★★★★
    edited December 2022
    https://youtu.be/GpmJy2JEm44

Fun fact: **or maybe just word on da street**
    The Infinity Invisibility Loop is still available. Just requires a different rotation.

This short YouTube video is worth the watch. 👍

Chronic said:

I'm trying to and I appreciate your take. I'm sure there are others that feel the same as you as well. I just don't see it mentioned in the bug fixes for the release it was "fixed" in nor have I been able to find any mention of it being a bug prior to them fixing it except in their recent response. I don't just rank up champs without doing my research. I didn't touch Galan before they confirmed they weren't making any adjustments and I didn't see any mention of hood anywhere before ranking him up. He's still highly useful but a big part of the decision for taking him to r4 and dumping sig stones rather than leaving him at r3 was the infinite invisibility potential. I can't be the only one that made a similar decision that is impacted from this. It's not like I can ask Kabam if they plan on making any changes to a champ every time I want to rank someone up and they shouldn't be able to "fix" a champ without warning when it changes the champ's overall effectiveness.

But.... He's not supposed to be invisible 100% of the time. Why would that ever be a thing?
    Nobody ever said he wasn't supposed to be able to do that, that's the issue. Do you not see how them not letting people know that it's unintended (when there's loads of videos about it out there) and just removing it without giving the community a heads up could potentially screw them over? The amount of white knighting you do on the forums is truly baffling buddy, you'll do anything to defend Kabam at this point lol.
    Ok. So show me in his abilities where infinite invisibility is part of his kit. You won't be able to find it because it's not there. So when something is happening that isn't in a champs abilities, it's not intended. That's how bugs work.

Problem with people like you is you want to leave the "pro player" bugs and get rid of the other bugs. All bugs are the same.

Again, why would they make a champ that can be invisible forever during a match?
    Searmenis said:

All I know is that the description said clearly, the moderator s notes actually, that this "infinite invisibility" was intended in the first place, but now that they broke it by fixing the dashing back bug, it is not and never was. Who's lying, Kabam, or Kabam?

No, that's not what the dev notes said.
    Chronic said:

Please show me in any champs abilities where it tells you the sequence in how to execute moves to maximize their effectiveness. Doom cycle? Not in there. Cosmic Ghost rider rotation? Nope, not in there either. This isn't an ability, it's a rotation that maximizes his abilities. It's even in his champion deep dive that it's meant to have consistent uptime. It's through trial and error or watching vids of others that these become known and become it's own meta. Back when she-hulk used to be able chain into heavies, at least Kabam said it was unintended up front before removing it. This silent "fix" is BS when it's been in the game for so long and people make rank-up decisions based on it.

That's not even close to comparison lol. Everything in the Doom Rotation is part of everything he can do. There's nothing in either Doom or CGR that they are doing that is outside of their abilities.

Hood was not intended to be invisible the entire fight. The Dev notes say to "consistently" keep invisibility buff up. Consistently isn't the same as infinite.
    Chronic said:

Please show me in any champs abilities where it tells you the sequence in how to execute moves to maximize their effectiveness. Doom cycle? Not in there. Cosmic Ghost rider rotation? Nope, not in there either. This isn't an ability, it's a rotation that maximizes his abilities. It's even in his champion deep dive that it's meant to have consistent uptime. It's through trial and error or watching vids of others that these become known and become it's own meta. Back when she-hulk used to be able chain into heavies, at least Kabam said it was unintended up front before removing it. This silent "fix" is BS when it's been in the game for so long and people make rank-up decisions based on it.

Consistent doesn't mean infinite. If it said Constant, then you'd have a different argument.
  • phillgreenphillgreen Member Posts: 3,972 ★★★★★
    Can someone please link to the Kabam post for this issue.
  • AverageDesiAverageDesi Member Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★
    I wonder when they will fix the part where fate seal is refreshed by mediums. Or is that in the kit

Chronic said:

Nobody ever said he wasn't supposed to be able to do that, that's the issue. Do you not see how them not letting people know that it's unintended (when there's loads of videos about it out there) and just removing it without giving the community a heads up could potentially screw them over? The amount of white knighting you do on the forums is truly baffling buddy, you'll do anything to defend Kabam at this point lol.
    Ok. So show me in his abilities where infinite invisibility is part of his kit. You won't be able to find it because it's not there. So when something is happening that isn't in a champs abilities, it's not intended. That's how bugs work.

Problem with people like you is you want to leave the "pro player" bugs and get rid of the other bugs. All bugs are the same.

Again, why would they make a champ that can be invisible forever during a match?
    It doesn't say infinite invisibility however it does say dash back and hold block to activate and activate on SP2, period. Where does it say you can't tigger one after another?

The only problem here is you like to eat whatever you get served for whatever reason. You're always white knighting for Kabam on the forums, so much so your username has become a meme (quite literally).

Because only the first two hits are guaranteed to miss? That's not broken in the slightest.
    Mmmk cupcake.
  • SearmenisSearmenis Member Posts: 1,594 ★★★★★
    Chronic said:

I don’t see how you see these so differently. Until Kabam came out two days ago and said it was a bug everyone was fine with interpreting exactly the way they were which isn’t any different than doom or CGR when it comes to rotations and Kabam didn’t say peep about it. It takes skill to pull off and it’s not like you dash back hold block and bang you have infinite invisibility.
    The fact that it’s only the first two hits that are guaranteed misses and there are still obvious counters makes it hardly infinite. In reality it’s more like more time invisible than not. Kitty pride and ghost have way more reliable miss mechanics than hood ever did and are much more simple to play full uptime phasing with. According to your logic of not intending a champ to have “infinite” miss mechanics there is no way that could ever be intended regardless of what the champs abilities say.

Back to the real issue here and I’d like to hear why you think this is ok. Silently fixing a “bug” that was never listed as a bug that decreases a champs effectiveness after a year and a half of existence and plenty of videos showcasing it. That’s perfectly acceptable?

And I will add, how inconvenient that they waited to "fix" this "bug" at the same time they fixed the dash back one.
  • World EaterWorld Eater Member Posts: 3,703 ★★★★★
    I don't appreciate the closing of threads when there's still a discussion to be had.

Sux to see It'sClobberinTIme banned now :/
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Member Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    I think people are lying to themselves and each other if they believe The Hood’s ability page allowed for anything other than his special 2 to replace an invisibility buff when it’s supposed to have a cooldown after it ends.

Basically you’re saying Falcon and Captain America Falcon have been bugged forever because they didn’t have infinite Recon Scan (same description along with dash and hold mechanics); and an huge amount of other champions with cooldowns after an ability ends.

People try to hang their arguments on the use of the word “consistent”, that’s purely semantics. The game team consistently uses consistent to describe champions abilities; see what I did there? It doesn’t mean they always use the word consistent but often do.
  • KnightNvrEndingKnightNvrEnding Member Posts: 451 ★★★
    These forum bans remind me of sports…lol the antagonizer never gets in trouble but others are banned for responding😂
  • KnightNvrEndingKnightNvrEnding Member Posts: 451 ★★★
    Would be cool if we could try keeping things a bit more civil/open minded tho lol would rather not see people getting baited into a fight either lol

Like I don’t really agree with Kabam in terms of how they chose to word it bc I feel it’s pretty misleading, I’m over feeling some type of way about it tho. At this point for me it’s about the communication since this all started up.
  • MorningstarIsBaeMorningstarIsBae Member Posts: 179 ★★
    Ill gladly take rank down tickets so i can rank down my 5* and rank the 6*