Options

This Holiday Season, Welcome to 'the Banquet!'

Comments

• Options
    KRACETOSKRACETOS Posts: 76
    edited December 2022
    For the Accolade profile pictures, are there 10 unique profile pictures? One for each category? Or a single profile picture and 10 unique titles? @Kabam Miike
    Post edited by Kabam Jax on
  • Options
    DalBotDalBot Posts: 1,616 ★★★★★
    Would have been nice to see some relic shards in the crystals 🤷🏻‍♂️
  • Options
    elwëelwë Posts: 12
    If a member of alliance leaves 4th of January, before new bg and war seasons begin, he still receive banquet rewards?
  • Options
    asgadionasgadion Posts: 55
    Jefechuta said:

Im just gonna say that the rewards we will get by Solo and Alliance event are worth enough the units, the rewards inside the GBC themselfs are just extras, and yeah, its the great event of the year but still, you will get a lot more in this event than in Cyber Monday or 4th July, but I guess no one notices this or they are just little Grinchs

Ngl this is a very valid point and I guess I really wasn't thinking of the milestones when thinking of the crystals... However, it also means that for the mid spending player it almost takes away any motivation for them to go past the milestones as its just diminished value and there's no way mid spending players will be able to compete with the whales for the ranked spots
  • Options
    JefechutaJefechuta Posts: 1,212 ★★★★
    asgadion said:

Jefechuta said:

Im just gonna say that the rewards we will get by Solo and Alliance event are worth enough the units, the rewards inside the GBC themselfs are just extras, and yeah, its the great event of the year but still, you will get a lot more in this event than in Cyber Monday or 4th July, but I guess no one notices this or they are just little Grinchs

Ngl this is a very valid point and I guess I really wasn't thinking of the milestones when thinking of the crystals... However, it also means that for the mid spending player it almost takes away any motivation for them to go past the milestones as its just diminished value and there's no way mid spending players will be able to compete with the whales for the ranked spots
    Yeah obviously but thats as always, the whales will get better stuff because they pay for it, I think its kinda fair, but overall I think this event is quite cool, and I say this being the first one that says what he thinks either is bad or good, but I think Kabam did nothing wrong here, everything is fine for me, atleast with the info we got right now, and Im one of the players that will spend maybe 4.2k units on the event, which I think is a quite low amount of units for this event
  • Options
    Ezra7676Ezra7676 Posts: 670 ★★
    I just joined an alliance today. Should I buy/open crystals or wait until 14 days (pretty much last day)?

Also if I do buy/open a dozen last day will I get milestone rewards from all the way or only the ones we reach from the time I open them plus rank rewards?
  • Options
    MrSakuragiMrSakuragi Posts: 4,259 ★★★★★
    Ezra7676 said:

I just joined an alliance today. Should I buy/open crystals or wait until 14 days (pretty much last day)?

Also if I do buy/open a dozen last day will I get milestone rewards from all the way or only the ones we reach from the time I open them plus rank rewards?

Wait until your timer is up on the last day to buy or open anything. You’ll get all rewards as long as you meet the minimum contributions.
  • Options
    Dan_DragonDan_Dragon Posts: 8
    Kabam Jax said:

Another Q+A!

@Phantomfire500
    The GBCs in the accolades solo event are split into another column titled "more rewards", and there are rumours circulating that this means these crystals are behind a paid battle pass.

There isn't a battlepass connected to this event. We've made previous tables in similar fashions; "more rewards" is just another column of rewards.

Can you only gift within your alliance?
    You are able to send the items from those lists (aside from the BC and GBCs) to alliance members and friends!

Thanks very much for the clarification, shaping up to be a really awesome event :)

• Options
    BlackOracleBlackOracle Posts: 255 ★★★
    darkklaw said:

Question about the 14 day requirement.
    If the event on Starts: 12/20/2022 @ 18:00 UTC and End: 01/03/2023 @ 18:00 UTC.
    Does the 14 days have to have been before Jan 3 end period?

People are waiting for battleground rewards to be fulfilled before they move around. So will there be enough time to join an alliance and get rewards? Also how will this impact new war season recuriting if people cant move around.

Yup! You're going to have to bite the bullet on the rewards.
  • Options
    DalBotDalBot Posts: 1,616 ★★★★★
    Jefechuta said:

DalBot said:

Would have been nice to see some relic shards in the crystals 🤷🏻‍♂️

No
    Wow, bullet proof retort there
  • Options
    @Kabam Jax Can you clarify if the accolade rewards act like milestones that you can get all of, or do you just get whatever single level you end on for the event? In other words, are there 10 banquet crystals up for grabs, or just one?
  • Options
    bm3eppsbm3epps Posts: 1,151 ★★★
    edited December 2022
  • Options
    SummonerNRSummonerNR Posts: 10,950 Guardian
    edited December 2022
    Jeffuree said:

@Kabam Jax Can you clarify if the accolade rewards act like milestones that you can get all of, or do you just get whatever single level you end on for the event? In other words, are there 10 banquet crystals up for grabs, or just one?

Understandable, since the table for Accolades lists that column as “Points Required” instead of “Milestone”.

But they are indeed Milestones, and should be able to get all 10 GBC's.

Look at first 2 rows (100 and 200 points levels), both give exact same rewards. Same with 3rd and 4th rows being same as each other.
    So if it was Peak Milestone they wouldn’t have specified 2 levels with same reward. Would have just condensed that all down.

Plus, there is no effort there in giving these accolades out. So everyone (*) will be getting all 10 levels.
    (* except for those like @BowTieJohn, who are solo in their own private alliance. sorry, they updated the announcement to clarify they have to go to Alliance Teammates, not other friends).
    (although as for the Gifting of Items, those can indeed be sent to Friends *or* teammates)
  • Options

Kabam Jax said:

Another Q+A!

@KRACETOS For the Accolade profile pictures, are there 10 unique profile pictures? One for each category? Or a single profile picture and 10 unique titles?
    10 unique PFP and titles. They will coincide with the nomination titles. So if you're nominated using the Best Facial Hair card, your title would be Best Facial Hair. (this is not a real title)

(insert title) card.
    but I thought the accolades card wont have any specific tags and we can give them to anyone on any day right?
    I can just give all of my 20 tickets to someone if I wanted to on a specific day right?
    Definitely unclear whether on each of the 10 days, there will just be a SINGLE category of Accolade to nominate people for each day (such as “Best Facial Hair” day).

And (depending on how it's implemented) since you don’t earn all of your accolade “tickets” until the very end, the earlier Categories will be harder for people to actually receive enough of them from others to be able to get pics or titles for.

As for using your 20 tickets, it could be that your accolade “tickets” might be generic, but then how it is implemented is that you “buy” a certain category of accolade CARD, using that generic “ticket”, and it's the CARD which is what gets sent as a gift to a teammate. And then their accumulated CARDS are like an inventory item for them.
  • Options
    So if I wanted to hit the 6* Nexus milestone in the solo advent, I would only need 1050 units?

50000 - 23000 (free points)
    = 27000
    27000 / 4000 (GBC points)
    = 6.75
    7 x 300 units
    = 2100 units
    2100 - 1050 (free units from event)
    = 1050 units

Is this right?
  • Options
    MahonriiMahonrii Posts: 31

So if I wanted to hit the 6* Nexus milestone in the solo advent, I would only need 1050 units?

= 27000
    = 6.75
    7 x 300 units
    = 2100 units
    = 1050 units

Is this right?

You got it!
  • Options
    Mahonrii said:

= 27000
    = 6.75
    7 x 300 units
    = 2100 units
    = 1050 units

Is this right?

You got it!
    Thank you so much, such a great help! :)
  • Options
    I played this game a few years ago and recently started a new account that I’m using as a main since it surpassed my old account in progression, I don’t remember the exact creation date but I think it was a few days after the 21st, I am already conquerer so if I wait a few days after the event begins will my account be old enough to be able to participate in it? It would really suck to start playing again and make your new account a few days too late to miss one of the biggest progression events in the game.
  • Options
    LlessurLlessur Posts: 488 ★★★
    Is the 6* awakening gem Generic, random selector gem? And is the 6* abyss crystal the crystal that you select the champ class and get 10 options?
  • Options
    Hilbert_unbeatable2Hilbert_unbeatable2 Posts: 804 ★★★
    Kabam Jax said:

Time for another Drive-by Q&A!

@tyedge Are points earn applied to both Solo and Alliance Events?

Yes.

If my account doesn't meet the requirements currently, but crosses those thresholds during the event, can I participate then?

Also, yes.

@Kabam Jax if my friend joins my alliance today and the banquet event starts Tommorow should he wait 1 week to do nominations and open banquet crystal to get alliance objectives rewards or he can do it when he gets them and once 1 week is done it's automatically credited to him?
  • Options
    Rohit_316Rohit_316 Posts: 3,388 ★★★★★
    edited December 2022
    As i am reading though comments for a proper calculation to reach that 6* gem , 3750 units you would need to spend , but you also get 1050 units from milestones .

So if i grind 2700 units would that be fine ? Since i am getting 1050 back ?
  • Options

I suck at math guys, but can someone please tell me if 6k units should be enough to reach the 6* awakening gem in solo event?

Yeah it's enough for AG
  • Options
    G-Hun-GearG-Hun-Gear Posts: 1,447 ★★★★
    Rohit_316 said:

As i am reading though comments for a proper calculation to reach that 6* gem , 3750 units you would need to spend , but you also get 1050 units from milestones .

So if i grind 2700 units would that be fine ? Since i am getting 1050 back ?

Well, calculations are all over the place, but according to my math, you need at least 3450 units AND spend all of the 1050 milestone-units for crystals on order to get the AG… (provided you are in active alliance that gets all Alliance milestones)…

I am guessing that you would need 3750, if you don‘t want to wait for the 4 crystals from the last day of the calendar…