**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Spider-Man (Classic)'s Overhaul

We've got confirmation that he is getting a brand new kit, but there is no mention of him receiving an animation update. He shares the same exact animations as his Symbiote counterpart, so I was wondering if there are plans to update his animations

Comments

• Options
    THUNDERBILTHUNDERBIL Posts: 267
    His SP1 is good, but I guess his SP2 must be different, in fact all spiders should have a different SP2 - Those who are counter parts of Peter Parker.
  • Options
    The_beast123The_beast123 Posts: 2,050 ★★★★
    YES! Finally, you have some use.

My 6 star classic Spidey:

• Options
    ChiliDogChiliDog Posts: 883 ★★★
    They'll probably just give him some ability to ignore klyntar debuff to make him annoying against symbiotes as a defender.

I hope not, but...
  • Options
    yuwyuw Posts: 316 ★★
    power sting immunity would be nice
  • Options
    DemonicStalkerDemonicStalker Posts: 303 ★★
    Web shots applying slow to opponent would to b a good start...in fact..this should b applied to all spideys...
  • Options
    ShadowstrikeShadowstrike Posts: 3,089 ★★★★★
    edited December 2022
    yuw said:

Nobody has power sting immunity and as long as you don't fire specials, you won't suffer any consequences of a power sting
  • Options
    MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,367 ★★★★★

yuw said:

Nobody has power sting immunity and as long as you don't fire specials, you won't suffer any consequences of a power sting
    Nobody has Power Sting immunity?

We used to say that about Armour Break, Degeneration and Rupture. It's just a matter of time.

Although this would be a fairly niche immunity, it has to be said.
  • Options
    Nameless_IWNameless_IW Posts: 980 ★★★★
    This is what I'm hoping for OG Spider-man Buff coming soon.

- Healing factor
    - sp1. web shooters causes SLOW (to prevent evades, Unstoppables), also inflicts weakness and disorient debuff and falter debuff to cause opponent to miss for 10 seconds
    - sp2. inflicts trauma debuff (additional 70% damage as physical) for 10 seconds.

in his base kit, OG spider-man should come with "Spider-sense" which prevents evades and miss. He also should have a 25% chance to evade all incoming hits.
  • Options
    Wu_Bangerz23Wu_Bangerz23 Posts: 815 ★★★
    I'm waiting for the FAST debuffs....where it neutralizes anyone's slow. ....and if u don't have a slow debuff it makes you evade 2x more or evade specials. Shocked it hasn't been in the game....with BG becoming the most played aspect of the game strategy with champs is becoming more important
  • Options
    ChobblyChobbly Posts: 845 ★★★★
    Interested to see this, and Hulk's. I'm having great fun with my buffed (and unduped) Juggy so am feeling pretty positive about the buff programme going forward.
    As long as they don't go anywhere near reducing his Base Regeneration Rate for whatever reason. Never, ever again...
  • Options
    FrydayFryday Posts: 679 ★★★

We've got confirmation that he is getting a brand new kit, but there is no mention of him receiving an animation update. He shares the same exact animations as his Symbiote counterpart, so I was wondering if there are plans to update his animations

So I think this is a great idea. There are so many old champs that would benefit from a Buff that follow the Magnetos buff idea, that could be a very effect way to streamline a few champs buff and help reduce the work on the Kabam team.

So for Spiderman OG and Symbiote, maybe they can have the same new animations, maybe SM Symbiote could have Venom SP2 and as for abilities he would have a mix between Spiderman and Venom, and that it is 2 champs buffed and for kind 1.5 work.

This can be a similar thing to Cyclop (Blue/Red), Iron Man (OG & Superior), Iron First (OG & Immortal), etc
  • Options
    Real_Madrid_76_2Real_Madrid_76_2 Posts: 3,315 ★★★★★
    Please give him some unique ability connecting with his spider sense only, but i am not talking about evades. Make him least annoying on defense please
  • Options
    J0eySn0wJ0eySn0w Posts: 865 ★★★★
    Spider-Man characters are becoming boring for me. I have a duped Classic Spider-Man and I’m not excited for this buff. I don’t mind the buff and I believe every character should have some use but my problem is the timing. We a lot of Spider-Man characters in the game and many of them are good. Peter Parker alone, we have Stealth Spidey, Stark Enhanced, Symbiote Spidey and Classic Spider-Man. Now the classic is getting buff, another glass canon buff most likely, and next the symbiote I guess. Meanwhile so many other single and unique characters waste away in our rosters. To name a few, some needing just smal tweaks and/or stats updates.
    - Sentry
    - Night Crawler (looking forward to the most)
    - Winter Soldier
    - Doctor Strange
    - Iron Fist
    - Beast
    - Green Goblin (guess 2 Norman Osborn won’t hurt)
    - Drax (Guardian of the galaxy still need some help lol)
    - Elektra
  • Options
    Zeronaut81Zeronaut81 Posts: 290 ★★
    edited January 2023
    It would be great to see OG spidey get some fun mechanics from the spider family, as well as some updates to bring him more in line with the modern science class.
    I’d love to see him get a revamped passive taunt mechanic, since being an irritant is a huge part of his strategy. It would be super cool if the passive taunt applied penalties to attack and ability power gain per debuff on the opponent, so Spidey could act as a counter to kingpin.
    Hopefully, any update makes him fun and useable
  • Options
    AmaadAkiraAmaadAkira Posts: 388 ★★★
    And don't make him evade on block. Thanks